The v1.2 Hype Train Thread - Prerelease is Out

Whirligig Girl

Sucks to be here... first to see the new day, its the 11th here and 5:45 pm.... its the 10th where it matters.... it will be the 12th before I see anything...

But the Hype train is nearly at its destination... look... here it comes now....

Train-Wreck-1.jpg

WeeeeeEEEeEEeeEeeEeEeEEeeEeeeeeee.... Jeb is at the controls..... :)

2 hours ago, kiwi1960 said:

Sucks to be here... first to see the new day, its the 11th here and 5:45 pm.... its the 10th where it matters.... it will be the 12th before I see anything...

But the Hype train is nearly at its destination... look... here it comes now....

Train-Wreck-1.jpg

WeeeeeEEEeEEeeEeeEeEeEEeeEeeeeeee.... Jeb is at the controls..... :)

Same here. I wish they released it by Timezone. According to the iOS world clock, it's 1:50AM in Mexico City. 

FjzvYLh.jpg

Squad, why you no release???

Edited by Benji13

9 minutes ago, Benji13 said:

I wish they released it by Timezone.

That would probably require some coding, as I imagine they don't have employees working 24/7. It also risks a problem happening while they're away, which won't be discovered until they have developers on the clock again. Which would be bad if there's a major problem with the deployment. I'm sure they'd rather roll it out when they have people on the clock who can deal with problems as they arise.

4 minutes ago, StainX said:

3:50am in Mexico City....

Will they at least push the button as soon as they get to the office..? Or will they linger on until the end of the day...   I left my PC and steam running back home on the hope that by the time I get back this evening 1.2 will be waiting for me....  

Well, the fact that they have a release party doesn't necessarily mean that they will wait until the party starts to hit the button... Actually that would be quite counterproductive. The best approach would be to do a morning release and use the day to check if there are any issues.

That they have regularly released towards their evening might be, on the other hand, an indication that they will stick to their customs...

We will see in a few hours either way

4:40am

Rise and shine, Mister Freeman. Rise and... shine. Not that I... wish to imply you have been sleeping on the job. No one is more deserving of a rest, and all the effort in the world would have gone to waste until... well, let's just say your hour has... come again.

The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So, wake up, Mister Freeman. Wake up and... *smell the ashes*...

1 hour ago, Jorge_slc said:

Will they at least push the button as soon as they get to the office..?

Well, given that the (hopefully) last pre-release was built 18:12.24 on 2016-10-10 I think they will check some feedback before pushing the button :wink:

I guess afternoon/early evening UTC-6.

31 minutes ago, Curveball Anders said:

Well, given that the (hopefully) last pre-release was built 18:12.24 on 2016-10-10 I think they will check some feedback before pushing the button :wink:

I guess afternoon/early evening UTC-6.

Erf?!

I was wrong, it wasn't the last, pre-1584 was built 00:22.11 2016-10-11 ...

Someone's are burning the midnight oil :)