The v1.2 Hype Train Thread - Prerelease is Out

Whirligig Girl

The official announcement states "We’re preparing a big event for its release and we urge to stay tuned for more details. It will be amazing!" but I have not been able to find any information on the event. Anyone have a link to more information?

Thanks,

24 minutes ago, Red Iron Crown said:

Merged in another thread. Must concentrate Hype for maximum efficiency.

But that's when it goes critical!

Oh - we've got moderators buried in the hype pile. Never mind.

20 minutes ago, runtime13 said:

I found this image:

and now I'm waiting the new version for make some of these launchers!!

After that image i must say sorry to Elon Musk, because if i ever need to go to space i'm taking a soyuz, 954/7 is just...

a non-event is still an event. it is just an event where nothing happens. therefore it is an event.

since it has no physical existence it can be of arbitrary size. therefore it is big for all values of big.

so regardless of the occurrence of an event or non-event a big event will happen upon launch.

ergo yay \o/.

Mexico City is utc-6 so the work day has pretty much started.

7 minutes ago, steuben said:

a non-event is still an event. it is just an event where nothing happens. therefore it is an event.

since it has no physical existence it can be of arbitrary size. therefore it is big for all values of big.

so regardless of the occurrence of an event or non-event a big event will happen upon launch.

ergo yay \o/.

Mexico City is utc-6 so the work day has pretty much started.

My philosophy professor would be proud. My marketing professor not so much...

If they have the release event before they actually release and expect people to take it in a positive light...   I dunno, I am thrilled for them but I want to play 1.2, not watch them celebrate a non-event...  but maybe I´m an eager beaver party pooper... dunno

1 minute ago, Jorge_slc said:

If they have the release event before they actually release and expect people to take it in a positive light...   I dunno, I am thrilled for them but I want to play 1.2, not watch them celebrate a non-event...  but maybe I´m an eager beaver party pooper... dunno

I don't really see the benefit to releasing the game and then - while everybody's playing it - have an event.

Surely it's an event by the fact that its marked as a date but is an insignifcant event due to nothing happening. But then by being so insignificant it becomes significant for being the least significant event. 

2 minutes ago, Kerbart said:

Look up the time zone for Mexico city. It's safe to assume that an event as such would not take place before noon.  It's waaaaay to early to complain that "they are not doing anything."

Yeah with the dev notes stuff I always read them a day after they are released cause sat here on the greenwich meridian (which by the way should definitely be standard time for ksp for non selfish reasons... ) they come out at like 11 at night 

Actually did I dream it or do they use GMT on the ISS??

Edited by Kertech

They've been secretly (with secretly hired devs, who secretly work in tandem with the usual team) developing a huge expansion-pack sized DLC complete with new planets, rocket parts, physics upgrades, bugfixes and multiplayer, have completed QA, experimental and several bugfix passes and are going to release it for free alongside 1.2????!!!?!?!? Who said that??!?

Now THAT would qualify as an "amazing" and "big" "event".