The v1.2 Hype Train Thread - Prerelease is Out

Whirligig Girl

1 minute ago, p1t1o said:

They've been secretly (with secretly hired devs, who secretly work in tandem with the usual team) developing a huge expansion-pack sized DLC complete with new planets, rocket parts, physics upgrades, bugfixes and multiplayer, have completed QA, experimental and several bugfix passes and are going to release it for free alongside 1.2????!!!?!?!? Who said that??!?

Now THAT would qualify as an "amazing" and "big" "event".

haha it's nice to dream

2 minutes ago, Tidus Klein said:

some one start up and dust off the hype train XD

As long as its the KSP 1.2 Event hype train. If we starting hyping the 1.2 release people will get mad at yell at us for not using the official 1.2 Release Hype Sticky Thread... :(

KSP official Twitter account cross-referenced DasValdez when talking about the pending release, less than a day ago. So the "Event" might be a special stream on Twitch.

Didn't Das already stream from the Squad HQ once before? My memory thinks so.

Edited by Streetwind

1 minute ago, Streetwind said:

KSP official Twitter account cross-referenced DasValdez when talking about the pending release, less than a day ago. So the "Event" might be a special streaming event on Twitch.

^ This.

Don't think I've ever actually watched any of Das' streams so it might be fun to go check that out.

3 minutes ago, Streetwind said:

KSP official Twitter account cross-referenced DasValdez when talking about the pending release, less than a day ago. So the "Event" might be a special stream on Twitch.

Darn, if you are right I already missed it :(

8 minutes ago, Bluejay said:

Darn, if you are right I already missed it :(

How so? I saw no mention that announced that something had already taken place. It was just a tweet going "hey, something will happen soon!"

In fact, let me just link it. *brief intermission music plays*

Ah, here. The tweet is much older than I thought it was, but it's quite unmistakable in its meaning. (KSpaceAcademy is DasValdez' Twitter handle.)

Edited by Streetwind

* Happy Dance * not only did I not miss it, you have an actual link to the information that I was looking for! Although it would probably make a good social analysis paper as to why it took over 25 posts for this information to surface...

Aaaah, the hype train brings back good memories. Years ago, it was rumored that Nikon would be introducing a medium frame camera, something wedding photographers would *love*. And then the announced that on the WPPI (a trade show for the wedding business) they would announce "something big" and kept that hyping up for a couple of weeks.

Turned out to be a party they organized (to create some goodwill). Pretty much everyone was liquided about it.

Lesson learned: whatever the "big" announcement is going to be, I always expect to be underwhelmed. Because that's how it usually works.

1 hour ago, Bluejay said:

Anyone have a link to more information?

It seems Squad forgot to mention an actual time of the launch event... another example of Marketing Company PR Company.

Edit:  I've found the reason why Squad has difficulty with their communications;

Edited by Yakuzi

13 minutes ago, patrioticparadox said:

I think my favorite change in this release:

• Heavily reduced garbage generation caused by foreach loops, Linq usage, and various other things.

http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/1.2

The 1.2-pre has felt silkier to me.

But I haven't used any big ships or complex constructions, so it's just a feeling.