The v1.2 Hype Train Thread - Prerelease is Out

Whirligig Girl

Rather than dos this and the SteamDB server, as has happened with many previous releases, watch the following IRC channel.  I'm there as KSP_Sandworm and suggest we all pick similar names.

https://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=steamdb-announce

Any update to KSP will first manifest as changes to various packages.  Specifically, 1.1.3 will move to 'stable' to make room for 1.2.  That starts the final countdown.  The store never updates before steam.  SteamDB is trustworthy because it is actually watching what is happening, rather than passing on information.  It isn't speculation or prediction but what is actually happening on the steam servers.

Other activity, perhaps a flurry of experimentals or scratchpad updates, could suggest a delay.  Anything is possible.

Edited by Sandworm

So the big event is someone on twitch, playing KSP?! Really? Do you have any idea how many hours I spent, watching Scott Manley doing just that? And he isn't as annoying as the one on twitch right now.

Just now, cubinator said:

So it's not out yet? Good, I've still got motivation to do homework...

Nightbot said 3 hours in chat. If that's true I only get to play tomorrow! I'm not European SQUAD! (Well I am but I don't live in Europe).

6 minutes ago, HoloYolo said:

Nightbot said 3 hours in chat. If that's true I only get to play tomorrow! I'm not European SQUAD! (Well I am but I don't live in Europe).

In Europe it's currently 10:30pm or later. It looks like the Europe release will be very early morning on October 12th.