The v1.2 Hype Train Thread - Prerelease is Out

Whirligig Girl

I tried to draw a Hype Train.

It looked pretty good in person.

My scanner ruined it.

Then I tried to edit it in Imgur.

Imgur ruined it again.

I guess if anyone wants to see it, I'll post it...

:D

Anyway, HYPE!!!!!!

Yay, 1.2! KerbNet! Fixed* Wheels!

I've got a ticket that I totally didn't steal off of Google!

Image result for hype train ticket ksp

So are we finally getting full PBR support without having to create annoyin workarounds? Also, didn't they say they were going to redo models and textures for 1.2? Don't get me wrong, I am absolutely excited for what 1.2 has to offer, I am only asking because I recall the devs talking about somewhat revamped models and textures for the in-game parts in 1.2.

Edited by liquidhype

I heard on Reddit that they're going to fix the wobbly SAS issues that have plagued my tiny satellites in 1.1.x - I've tried MechJeb overrides, weight balancing, and even experimenting with torque levels (down to 0.2) and nothing quite gets rid of that damned electricity-wasting SAS wobble so far. The smallest stock torque wheel is way too powerful for the weights of light satellites.

1 hour ago, Ultimate Steve said:

I tried to draw a Hype Train.

It looked pretty good in person.

My scanner ruined it.

Then I tried to edit it in Imgur.

Imgur ruined it again.

I guess if anyone wants to see it, I'll post it...

:D

I'd love to see it!

I'm jumping on the hype train cause I've got a golden ticket, I've got a golden twinkle in my eye. Cannot wait for the update, I don't care if my mods won't work, it'll be a breathe of fresh air familiarizing myself with the stock version for awhile.

j7SFfjX.png

Edited by Leafbaron
removing double negative "cannot not"

Can y'all please shrink your tickets? When you paste in the image, hold ctrl and click on the ticket, and click the "Edit Image" option. If you do not see the image, try again. Then make the size of the image 200 or so. Thank you.

j7SFfjX.png

j7SFfjX.png

Edited by GregroxMun

2 minutes ago, GregroxMun said:

Can y'all please shrink your tickets? When you paste in the image, hold ctrl and click on the ticket, and click the "Edit Image" option. If you do not see the image, try again. Then make the size of the image 200 or so. Thank you.

Thank you for the info!

Just now, GarrettKajmowicz said:

Will any of the existing antennas work for communications links? That is, if I have existing satellites from launch-a-satellite missions, will they be able to fulfill the communications network role?

I'm 99% or greater sure that they will.

30 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

That was a mod, not stock

Whats the difference anymore? Initially I was a stock purist, now I have gone over to the dark side... Is there an ETA/Dev thread on it?

1 hour ago, RoverDude said:

That was a mod, not stock

51 minutes ago, TheRedTom said:

Whats the difference anymore? Initially I was a stock purist, now I have gone over to the dark side... Is there an ETA/Dev thread on it?

That was made specifically for the Bigelow Aerospace BEAM stream that Das Valdez did, it was not for public release.

Edited by Laguna

1 hour ago, TheRedTom said:

A big one when it is implied it is part of the 1.2 update - the distinction is important :)  And that one very likely will not be released publicly.

Actually I'm not too hyped for this version.  I had heard about some of the revamped antenna system stuff recently, but it sounds like that will be coming in a future update (1.3 or later).  I already have the Antenna Range mod by Toadicus and this update doesn't seem to add more than what the mod already does.

Fixes are always nice, but I'm not having problems.

Edited by Sarxis

22 minutes ago, Sarxis said:

I had heard about some of the revamped antenna system stuff recently, but it sounds like that will be coming in a future update (1.3 or later).

What gave you this impression? Was it the first post of his very thread?

22 hours ago, GregroxMun said:

Telecommunications Network: You will have to have a communications link back to KSC if you want to control your probes.

U7bwR80.png

1 hour ago, RoverDude said:

A big one when it is implied it is part of the 1.2 update - the distinction is important :)  And that one very likely will not be released publicly.

Oops, forgot /s :P Does that mean there will be no official Bigelow collab mod?

My hype train branch line is being pulled by the 20th Century Limited.

Test_run_of_streamlined_20th_Century_Lim

For those who aren't aware, it used the most Kerbal method I'm aware of to add water to the tender - the track pan.  While still at speed, an open ended pipe is lowered into shallow pans of water next to the tracks at select locations, and the train's forward motion forces the water up and into the tender while the train remains in motion.