The v1.2 Hype Train Thread - Prerelease is Out

Whirligig Girl

2 hours ago, Terwin said:

Anyone excited about the expected performance improvements?

It seems like they spent a lot of time on things like caching resource requests and eliminating garbage generation, and there was a demo done a while ago comparing the 1.1.3 code and some pre-experimentals code in a unity dev environment, I seem to remember them getting a substantial performance increase(and performance degradation with more parts should be more gradual than in previous versions as well)

I might be less excited about this than I should be due to the 1.1 performance improvements making it so that even when launching my interplanetary ships with life support, I only get mildly yellow performance, and most of the time I stay in the green unless I am using time warp.

How about the 'ease in gravity' setting?  I'm pretty excited about not having that 1-2 second delay from KJR when I am trying to warp between unmapped biomes trying to collect science data...

More performance is always awesome! I did not know there are bigger improvements in the patch, but I guess it makes sense they countinue to optimize U5 for a while.

Although I couldn't check too much, rarely ever built any craft bigger than 300 parts. Guess RO taught me minimalis too well. Gotta change that... >:D

Edited by Temeter

3 minutes ago, Temeter said:

Sooooo. Since the forum was done for about an hour, I assume that was the final step resetting servers before activating the patcher, since the pre-beta ist starting now.

Wait, so that wasn't just for me? O.o And is the pre-beta the same thing as the pre-release?

7 minutes ago, SmashingKirby148 said:

Wait, so that wasn't just for me? O.o And is the pre-beta the same thing as the pre-release?

Actually I'm conflating two things here, there is no pre-beta, it's an actual beta patch.

1 minute ago, Frank_G said:

Still on KSP vacation. I will take a look at those nice new features, but i will wait for the next release to jump on the Hype Train! Anyways, great work! Looking forward to get back into the game then :)

Yup, sometimes it's a good idea to take a break. Did that multiple times over the games lifespan, and it's always nice!

BWT, thought of mine: The fuel flow was kinda rewritten. That means probably all of the dV mods are going to be completely broken, in fact, that was apparently why we didn't yet have stock dV charts - no point in bringing them now and break them later.

Basically, we're gonna have to do things oldschool for a while. :cool:

19 minutes ago, legoclone09 said:

Aww, OK. Hype has not slowed down, though!

LUDICROUS SPEED!
spaceballs-ludicrous-speed-b28eaf80.gif

The beta update being out was only my super precise prediction of the future. Because there is literally nothing else that downtime might mean. :^)

Edited by Temeter

2 minutes ago, Temeter said:

The beta update being out was only my super precise prediction of the future. Because there is literally nothing else that downtime might mean. :^)

Well the message said something sbout Kasper, and when I came back he had a different profile picture. But changing a profile picture couldn't cause that, could it?

2 minutes ago, SmashingKirby148 said:

Well the message said something sbout Kasper, and when I came back he had a different profile picture. But changing a profile picture couldn't cause that, could it?

That was to mark him as a 'normal' forum member when the people stream in as soon as the beta starts.

16 minutes ago, BT Industries said:

Yeah, but that's just five minutes from the original five minutes and hence Temeter is right :D

Indeed people. People just can't respect the inherent relativity of time.

I mean, did you guys ever think about why it feels like the first second takes longer whenever you take a look at a clock? That's because your brain tricks you into thinking you've watched there all the time, to avoid you noticing the moment your eyes moved without focus.

Hence my post was correct.

Edited by Temeter

2 minutes ago, Temeter said:

Indeed people. People just can't respect the inherent relativity of time.

I mean, did you guys ever think about why it feels like the first second takes longer whenever you take a look at a clock? That's because your brain tricks you into thinking you've watched there all the time, to avoid you noticing the moment your eyes move without focus.

Hence my post was correct.

mind-blown-jackie-chan-e1351963482667.jp