The v1.2 Hype Train Thread - Prerelease is Out

Whirligig Girl

8 hours ago, HoloYolo said:

Yes! I've always wanted to hear it, and now I can!

Me too, I'd never heard it before either.

I thought it was some weird sound glitch at first, then I realised where I was, zoomed out and it faded out, zoomed back in and it faded in again.

I have no idea whether the massage is the same as it was though.  I wouldn't be too surprised if it's different given the effort they've put into 1.2 so far.

Edit...  @ExtremeSquared ran a test and it is the same signal as before.

Edited by pandaman

2 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

Probably becasue that's the one from 3 weeks ago :o

Try this one: https://www.twitch.tv/ksptv/v/90820870

Thanks, seems like the KSP twitter linked the wrong video :cool:

EDIT: Wait, a new prelease build is the surprise? I don't think surprise is the word i would use for that. :wink:

Edited by Temeter

1 hour ago, GregroxMun said:

I don't think this is something we should assume.

1 hour ago, TopHeavy11 said:

Yeah, you're right.

You know, after the big bolded letters, this tone is pretty funny XD

Anyway, I'm loving 1.2. Played just a little bit last night, the new orbits are ROCK SOLID and the encounters perfectly predicted. I had this Minmus flyby mission, and just for fun I made this orbit that flew by the Mun 3 times before doing a slingshot to Minmus. Took me 40 days do get there, but - HEY! It was awesome.

1.2 is just dragging on my system for some reason, .2 frames per second in fraps. I remembered to make sure my nvidia gaming card is running for ksp, but still no dice..

Corei7 4800MQ @ 2.7GHz, 12Gb ram, Nvidia GTX 880M vid card

Edited by Kokanee

I want to give a massive shoutout to Squad here. The devs are doing an amazing job with the prerelease, pumping out bugfixes and newer versions faster than I thought possible. I myself have only experienced one bug.

Are you guys getting any sleep over there?

One more thing: I noticed there is a DSN station called "Harvester Massif". Is there a story behind that (aka HarvestR).

Edited by SelectHalfling0

15 hours ago, Kokanee said:

1.2 is just dragging on my system for some reason, .2 frames per second in fraps. I remembered to make sure my nvidia gaming card is running for ksp, but still no dice..

Corei7 4800MQ @ 2.7GHz, 12Gb ram, Nvidia GTX 880M vid card

Weird. Re-install it maybe, if that doesn't work, try looking at settings.

Just tried out the latest version of KSP's 1.2 prerelease and, well, I discovered that...;

- Kerbals can pass out when enduring too much G-force (this is easily noticable when deploying the 10m expandable Heatshield during re-entry)

- Deploying Landing gear makes sounds (admittedly, it shocked me for the first time)

- There is a 0.625 HEATSHIELD, YES!

1 hour ago, Fred Cop said:

Just tried out the latest version of KSP's 1.2 prerelease and, well, I discovered that...;

- Kerbals can pass out when enduring too much G-force (this is easily noticable when deploying the 10m expandable Heatshield during re-entry)

- Deploying Landing gear makes sounds (admittedly, it shocked me for the first time)

Yeah. And the rest. ... The devs have been especially awesome with this one.  Virtual pizza to all of them, because actual pizza all over the globe would be a bit off by the time it gets there. 

28 minutes ago, pandaman said:

because actual pizza all over the globe would be a bit off by the time it gets there.

Actually, it takes about 14 hours to get from Sydney to LA on a 747 (back in 2000, may have improved since), so 24h should be enough to reach any point on the globe (since you need to go only halfway round), and if the pizza is any good, day-old pizza is quite tasty. And then there's always intercontinental ballistic pizza delivery: deliveries guaranteed hot.

Only problem is getting the pizza through customs.

2 hours ago, Fred Cop said:

What happen if they pass out ?  Grey-scaled portraits?  Control seizure? (What if you have a probe core?)... Do they... Die?

Really really pumped for this version.  I can't bring myself to press on in 1.1.3 anymore from seeing all the goodies coming soon-ish in 1.2 (well that and finding out that my 6k dV mothership just isn't enough dV to suit my needs).
I guess I could focus on making a short "Jool-5" instead to pass the time, waiting for more vids about 1.2 and version 1,2 itself.

3 hours ago, taniwha said:

Actually, it takes about 14 hours to get from Sydney to LA on a 747 (back in 2000, may have improved since), so 24h should be enough to reach any point on the globe (since you need to go only halfway round), and if the pizza is any good, day-old pizza is quite tasty. And then there's always intercontinental ballistic pizza delivery: deliveries guaranteed hot.

Only problem is getting the pizza through customs.

Or we can order at local places for them.