The v1.2 Hype Train Thread - Prerelease is Out

Whirligig Girl

17 hours ago, fireblade274 said:

I'm callin it; it will probably be out next Tuesday the 11th, though a lot has been done there are quite a few newly confirmed bugs that have just started getting worked on after a quick look at the bug tracker, and about 300 new bugs yet to be confirmed. Not all of them have to be fixed before its released, but my guess is it will take about another good week (maybe + a day or two) to iron out a good chunk.

BOOOOOOOMMMMMM thats what im talking about. THE PROPHECY HAS BEEN FORTOLD

8 hours ago, passinglurker said:

my hype right now

Tried to get aboard the hype train. Found out i was sold fake tickets... :(
This day has just been... Dang...

I just have this vision of mission control, the lights are on at only a few stations. A few heads are there still... But most of the seats are empty, the consoles shut down. The screen on the wall showing a flat noise floor on the radio telemetry spectrograph... End of transmission... No hype... ;.;

image?t=44&bid=838729687898&id=838729687

26 minutes ago, richfiles said:

Tried to get aboard the hype train. Found out i was sold fake tickets... :(
This day has just been... Dang...

I just have this vision of mission control, the lights are on at only a few stations. A few heads are there still... But most of the seats are empty, the consoles shut down. The screen on the wall showing a flat noise floor on the radio telemetry spectrograph... End of transmission... No hype... ;.;

Bug fixes are essential and telemetry is nice but I stepped on this train to defend the upcoming rocket revamp. Now since porkjet is gone I have no confidence that this will actually happen so this is my stop...

I see the mission control scene too, but the opportunistic part of me has sad music playing , but then the radio crackles. Hopeful music starts quietly. The door bursts open, and everyone comes rushing in. Victorious music plays, and the radio lights up with data...

But it seems that time has come... and gone.

Just now, TheKosanianMethod said:

I see the mission control scene too, but the opportunistic part of me has sad music playing , but then the radio crackles. Hopeful music starts quietly. The door bursts open, and everyone comes rushing in. Victorious music plays, and the radio lights up with data...

But it seems that time has come... and gone.

KSP is dying now. It's confirmed. It's like an unhealthy person. Hit it's prime and lived a good life, but the lifestyle's starting to catch up on itself.

1 minute ago, HoloYolo said:

KSP is dying now. It's confirmed. It's like an unhealthy person. Hit it's prime and lived a good life, but the lifestyle's starting to catch up on itself.

By killing KSP, you're killing Jeb. One does not simply kill Jeb...

Just now, HoloYolo said:

What do you mean by that?

I mean it's done growing. It's now able to just be a thing. Ask yourself, if you could just play any version of KSP for the next 10 years, what version would that be? For me, it's 1.2. Hands down. Now it looks like that's a possibility. All right. Sounds good to me.

What we're experiencing is more akin to Empty Nest Syndrome than Survivor's Grief.

5 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

I mean it's done growing. It's now able to just be a thing. Ask yourself, if you could just play any version of KSP for the next 10 years, what version would that be? For me, it's 1.2. Hands down. Now it looks like that's a possibility. All right. Sounds good to me.

What we're experiencing is more akin to Empty Nest Syndrome than Survivor's Grief.

I agree with that. Well said.

I'm certain KSP has a future... Moders will make certain of that. KSP isn't dying... I just question whether it still has the capacity for core growth. Bugs like the wheels and landing gear problems... Who even knows if those will ever get fixed... I have faith in the modding community. Just having a hard time scraping the bottom of the barrel for any faith in Squad right now...

3 minutes ago, richfiles said:

I'm certain KSP has a future... Moders will make certain of that. KSP isn't dying... I just question whether it still has the capacity for core growth. Bugs like the wheels and landing gear problems... Who even knows if those will ever get fixed... I have faith in the modding community. Just having a hard time scraping the bottom of the barrel for any faith in Squad right now...

I don't think it should be ONLY modders that expand on the game. I agree though, I have 0% faith in SQUAD right now.

17 minutes ago, TheKosanianMethod said:

Here's to the new devs, hoping that they will be as amazing as the last.

And to the old ones,

snip

You are only allowed to give 25 likes per day. You cannot give any more likes today.
  • OK

:'(

Edited by IronCretin