Permanent Worlds Challenge [Revival - Stock]

Permanent Worlds Challenge

Permanent Worlds is a mod Challenge created by me, GalacticVoyager. this challenge has 1 simple goal, construct anew civilization from far, far away from kerbin. Different challenges will be present on worlds like the mun and minmus, while others to eve and duna, and even harder missions to jool and other (modded*) solar systems. This challenge is continuous, meaning its constantly updated. the challenge has no speed limits. The idea is to make the largest colony possible in the time period given, so you must be quick before each disaster strikes...

Offical Badge

RkdbYYeh.jpg

[Credit to Anex for this incredible badge]

To The Munnes!

"One day while doing their work, scientists peaking through the `really long telescope` found a spot somewhere in space, after 3 desperate attempts to wipe the speck off the glass of the telescope the scientists realized it was a asteroid. further studies showed the asteroid was on a collision course with kerbin, and the asteroid was as large as a mountain. in a desperate attempt to survive the upcoming disaster, the scientists decided to send the population into space to kollonize the nearby mun system around kerbin. and so begins the mun kollonize challenge... "

Time limit = 2 kerbal months

Challenge No.1: build, fly, or construct a colony in orbit or on ground. then send them to the mun. Land and then establish a fully working city on it. -  25 points (1 point x number of parts)

Challenge No.2: build, fly, or construct a colony in orbit or on ground. then send them to minmus. Land and then establish a fully working city on it. - 30 points (1 point x number of parts)

Challenge No.3: Construct a Orbital City above Kerbin. - 15 points (1 point x number of parts)

Challenge No.4: Construct a Orbital City above the Mun. - 35 points (1 point x number of parts)

challenge No.5: Construct a Orbital city above Minmus. - 40 points (1 point x number of parts)

Additional

Challenge No. 6: Land your colony near one of the Mun Easter eggs. - 20

Challenge No. 7: Land your colony near the Minmus Easter egg. - 20

Challenge No.8: Launch satellite from your colony into orbit around kerbin. - 5, x the amount of satellites

Challenge No.9: Launch satellite from your colony into orbit around Minmus. -Surface: 10, Orbit: 5, x the amount of satellites

Challenge No.10: Launch satellite from your colony into orbit around the Mun. -Surface: 15, Orbit: 5, x the amount of satellites

Challenge No.11: Launch a rover from your colony onto the surface of the mun -Surface: 5, Orbit: 10, x the amount of rovers

Challenge No.12: Launch a rover from your colony onto the surface of minmus -Surface: 5, Orbit: 10, x the amount of rovers

Completion - 125 points

Forgotten Twin

"A large dwarf planet from the outskirts of the kerbol system has been knocked of course, sending it onto a nearby pass with kerbin, due to this, it will send all of kerbin`s munnes, and a extreme amount of asteroids, spiraling across the kerbin system, destroying both kerbin and its 2 munnes. due to this, the kerbals need to launch their rockets to eve, the sister planet of kerbin, to kollonize it and survive the apocalypse."

Time limit = 1 kerbal year, 6 kerbal months

Challenge No.1: build, fly, or construct a colony in orbit or on ground. then send them to Eve. Land and then establish a fully working city on it. - 60 points (1 point x number of parts)

Challenge No.2: build, fly, or construct a colony in orbit or on ground. then send them to Gilly. Land and then establish a fully working city on it.- 35 points (1 point x number of parts)

Challenge No.3: Construct a Orbital City above Eve. - 50 points (1 point x number of parts)

Challenge No.4: Construct a Orbital City above the Gilly. - 30 points (1 point x number of parts)

Additional

Challenge No.5: Launch satellite from your colony into orbit around Eve. -Surface: 30, Orbit: 5, x the amount of satellites

Challenge No.6: Launch satellite from your colony into orbit around Gilly. -Surface: 10, Orbit: 5, x the amount of satellites

Challenge No.7: Launch a rover from your colony onto the surface of Eve -Surface: 5, Orbit: 25, x the amount of rovers

Challenge No.8: Launch a rover from your colony onto the surface of Gilly -Surface: 5, Orbit: 10, x the amount of rovers

Completion - 200 points

The Hugger

"A rouge gas giant from the outer reaches of space has swept into the kerbol system, disrupting jools orbit, causing it to enter the inner solar system. Due to this, most of the planets in the inner solar system will be disrupted from their orbits, however, 1 world will remain the same, Moho. Its distance from kerbol allows it to stay in a highly dominant gravitational pull, even jool`s gravity wont disrupt it, and so the kerbals had set their eyes on it..."

Time limit = 2 kerbal years, 3 kerbal months

Challenge No.1: build, fly, or construct a colony in orbit or on ground. then send them to Moho. Land and then establish a fully working city on it. - 25 points (1 point x number of parts)

Challenge No.2: Construct a Orbital City above Moho.- 15 points (1 point x number of parts)

Additional

Challenge No.3: Launch satellite from your colony into orbit around Moho. -Surface: 15, Orbit: 5, x the amount of satellites

Challenge No.4: Launch a rover from your colony onto the surface of Moho -Surface: 5, Orbit: 15, x the amount of rovers

Completion - 75 points

The Red World

"Moho`s orbit has became unstable, and due to this, caused it to collide with Eve, destroying both worlds. this event sent trillions of asteroids across the kerbol system, and due to this, kerbin has 6 months till the expanding asteroid sphere reaches it, subsequently destroying it. luckily, Data shows the asteroid sphere wont reach duna`s orbit, allowing the kerbals to find a new home close to their cradle."

Time limit = 1 kerbal year

Challenge No.1: build, fly, or construct a colony in orbit or on ground. then send them to Duna. Land and then establish a fully working city on it. - 40 points (1 point x number of parts)

Challenge No.2: build, fly, or construct a colony in orbit or on ground. then send them to Ike. Land and then establish a fully working city on it. - 20 points (1 point x number of parts)

Challenge No.3: Construct a Orbital City above Duna. - 30 points (1 point x number of parts)

Challenge No.4: Construct a Orbital City above the Ike. - 15 points (1 point x number of parts)

Additional

Challenge No.5: Launch satellite from your colony into orbit around Ike. -Surface: 10, Orbit: 5, x the amount of satellites

Challenge No.6: Launch satellite from your colony into orbit around Duna. -Surface: 10, Orbit: 5, x the amount of satellites

Challenge No.7: Launch a rover from your colony onto the surface of Duna -Surface: 5, Orbit: 15 , x the amount of rovers

Challenge No.8: Launch a rover from your colony onto the surface of Ike -Surface: 5, Orbit: 10 , x the amount of rovers

Challenge No. 9: Land your colony near one of the duna Easter eggs. - 20 points

Completion -175 points

The Lonesome Drawf

"Kerbol, which had provided light and warmth, is becoming chaotic. its just a matter of time before its radiation levels increase to levels so high that even duna would be roasted. However, kerbals set their eyes to a small drawf planet on the outskirt of the kerbol inner solar system, a world forgotten by the community and scientists alike, Dres"

Time limit = 3 kerbal years

Challenge No.1: build, fly, or construct a colony in orbit or on ground. then send them to Dres. Land and then establish a fully working city on it. - 30 points (1 point x number of parts)

Challenge No.2: Construct a Orbital City above the Dres. - 20 points (1 point x number of parts)

Additional

Challenge No.3: Launch satellite from your colony into orbit. -Surface: 10, Orbit: 5, x the amount of satellites

Challenge No.4: Launch a rover from your colony onto  the surface of Dres -Surface: 5, Orbit: 15 , x the amount of rovers

Completion - 100

Green Giant

"A small, brown dwarf is approaching the kerbol system, and will pass through its inner solar system,  disrupting practically every planet in orbit around kerbol. However, calculations show that Jool would not be affected by this event. allowing a small door of survival to the giant of the system for the kerbals..."

Time limit = 5 kerbal years

Challenge No.1: build, fly, or construct a colony in orbit or on ground. then send them to Laythe. Land and then establish a fully working city on it. - 60 points (1 point x number of parts)

Challenge No.2: build, fly, or construct a colony in orbit or on ground. then send them to Vall. Land and then establish a fully working city on it. - 40 points (1 point x number of parts)

Challenge No.3: build, fly, or construct a colony in orbit or on ground. then send them to Tylo. Land and then establish a fully working city on it. - 70 points (1 point x number of parts)

Challenge No.4: build, fly, or construct a colony in orbit or on ground. then send them to Bop. Land and then establish a fully working city on it. - 15 points (1 point x number of parts)

Challenge No.5: build, fly, or construct a colony in orbit or on ground. then send them to Pol. Land and then establish a fully working city on it.- 15 points (1 point x number of parts)

Challenge No.6: Construct a Orbital City above Jool. - 20 points (1 point x number of parts)

Challenge No.7: Construct a Orbital City above Laythe. - 30 points (1 point x number of parts)

Challenge No.8: Construct a Orbital City above Vall. - 20 points (1 point x number of parts)

Challenge No.9: Construct a Orbital City above Tylo. - 35 points (1 point x number of parts)

Challenge No.10: Construct a Orbital City above Bop.  - 5 points (1 point x number of parts)

Challenge No.11: Construct a Orbital City above Pol. - 5 points (1 point x number of parts)

Additional

Challenge No.12: Launch satellite from your colony into orbit around Jool. - 5, x the amount of satellites

Challenge No.13: Launch satellite from your colony into orbit around laythe. -Surface: 20, Orbit: 5, x the amount of satellites

Challenge No.14: Launch satellite from your colony into orbit around Vall. -Surface: 30, Orbit: 5, x the amount of satellites

Challenge No.15: Launch satellite from your colony into orbit around Tylo. -Surface: 25, Orbit: 5, x the amount of satellites

Challenge No.16: Launch satellite from your colony into orbit around Bop. -Surface: 5, Orbit: 2, x the amount of satellites

Challenge No.17: Launch satellite from your colony into orbit around Pol. -Surface: 5, Orbit: 2, x the amount of satellites

Challenge No.18: Launch a rover from your colony onto the surface of Laythe -Surface: 5, Orbit: 30 , x the amount of rovers

Challenge No.19: Launch a rover from your colony onto the surface of Vall -Surface: 5, Orbit: 30 , x the amount of rovers

Challenge No.20: Launch a rover from your colony onto the surface of Tylo -Surface: 5, Orbit: 35 , x the amount of rovers

Challenge No.21: Launch a rover from your colony onto the surface of Bop -Surface: 5, Orbit: 10 , x the amount of rovers

Challenge No.22: Launch a rover from your colony onto the surface of Pol -Surface: 5, Orbit: 10 , x the amount of rovers

Challenge No. 23: Land your colony near one of the Easter eggs that exist within the Jool system - 30 points

Completion - 500

The Empire on Hel

"Kerbol, a bright star in the middle of its life, has suddenly went supernova, due to this, kerbin has 3 months till the explosion reaches it, destroying it. From there, kerbals calculated what worlds would survive, but all the planets would be affected one way or the other, however, 1 kerbal remembered of another world, far, far away, eeloo. Soon calculations showed that eeloo would not be affected, and so the kerbals set their gaze on it..."

Time limit = 7 kerbal years, 6 kerbal months

Challenge No.1: build, fly, or construct a colony in orbit or on ground. then send them to Eeloo. Land and then establish a fully working city on it. - 100 points (1 point x number of parts)

Challenge No.2: Construct a Orbital City above the Eeloo. - 75 points (1 point x number of parts)

Additional

Challenge No.3: Launch satellite from your colony into orbit around Eeloo. - Surface: 15, Orbit: 5 , x the amount of satellites

Challenge No.22: Launch a rover from your colony onto the surface of Eeloo -Surface: 5, Orbit: 15 , x the amount of rovers

Completion - 200

time limits are the amount of time it is given for you to construct rockets, once the time limit is surpassed, you cant build anymore rockets.

Completed is when you do all the main missions, additional missions don`t count.

City Classification:

1. Cities must contain 20 or more kerbals, as well as have the capability of housing them.

2. Cities must have a hanger for smaller, manned spacecraft. The hanger also must contain a docking port. For obvious reasons (Multiple hangers are allowed, alongside multiple docking ports in a hanger.)

3. Cities must be able to recharge their power supply.

4. (ground cities) A ISRU and a laboratory are required for a ground city,

Rules:

1. You must show video or picture evidence that you DID NOT CHEAT

2. In the subject of cheating, alt-12 and hyperedit are banned.

3. Keep part-clipping at a minimal, is fine to add a small amount of space to the ship. But completely overdoing it is banned.

4. Docking is allowed, heck, i would be impressed actually. as long as you prove you have done it

5. Be kind to other contestants etc

6. You cannot use any mods. This may change in the future.

7. no limits excet the time limit.

8. There are no part limits, so go all out too.

9. Refueling missions are allowed as long as the time limit is not over.

10. Normal mode and harder are allowed, lower modes are not (post a screenshot of your mode config, you will gain a small reward depending on how hard your config is.)

11. You dont need to return your kerbals,  why would you anyways?

12. Stock system only, no changes to the kerbol system at ALL!

13. Stock parts as well, we dont want Overpowered modded boosters used for massive craft.

14. Reverting flight is banned, quicksaving and quickloading is allowed but only if your craft experiences glitches mid-flight.

Leaderboard:

1. @Galacticvoyager - 131 points

2. @owenmaley -  95 points

Edited by Planetace

What does myself explaining the Jool 5 challenge have to do with this challenge? ... If you want an explanation of what the Jool 5 challenge is then go read the thread ... Oh, TL;DR?

Why would I want to bother explaining the Jool 5 challenge? ... it's not my challenge nor does it interest me

The reason I commented in this thread is because this is the second time you have issued this challenge and it appears you are having as much luck with contestants as you did the first time ... I thought that I'd let you know why it appears this way from my perspective

If you're not up for constructive criticism then so be it, just trying to help

Good luck

10 hours ago, DoctorDavinci said:

What does myself explaining the Jool 5 challenge have to do with this challenge? ... If you want an explanation of what the Jool 5 challenge is then go read the thread ... Oh, TL;DR?

Why would I want to bother explaining the Jool 5 challenge? ... it's not my challenge nor does it interest me

The reason I commented in this thread is because this is the second time you have issued this challenge and it appears you are having as much luck with contestants as you did the first time ... I thought that I'd let you know why it appears this way from my perspective

If you're not up for constructive criticism then so be it, just trying to help

Good luck

I meant explain why the Jool 5 challenge rules, mods and challenges are so long. Since they don't seem to have trouble with contestants, all of the challenges that the permanent worlds challenge do are simple.

BUT. To reduce confusion, I will put a TL:DR into each challenge for easier understanding.

Edited by Planetace

3 minutes ago, owenmaley said:

Expect a prison city from me at LKE next Friday if ready. (I have a busy life and a cold at the moment.):(

Nice! Hope you get better!

Currently making a city from my memory, Its a near exact replica of the one i deleted (but with some improvements.)

Edited by Planetace

Tried my challenge and managed to get a city into Kerbin orbit!

j4j35b0.png

This baby has 116 parts, has 8 large solar panels for collecting energy. AND has enough fuel to deorbit!

It also has a crew over 20 kerbals!

So:

15 + 116 = 131 points!

EDIT: Removed the rule that cities need to collect science, I might make this optional and adds more points to the final score!

Edited by Planetace

5 hours ago, owenmaley said:

Hey, can I use mechjeb to dock etc ( I just can't dock)

Although there is no list of allowed mods, mechjec is allowed!

Also, reducing the time for some challenges. Including the `to the munnes` challenge. Its deadline when starting a game is 2 months.

Edited by Planetace

does the challenge time limit mean from when the payer agrees or kerbal time in the game?

p.s. I live in Australia so if I get around to it it will come on my friday(still so sick I can't get out of bed for my ipad so sent from my kindle).

Edited by Eldrad_Ulthran

3 minutes ago, owenmaley said:

does the challenge time limit mean from when the payer agrees or kerbal time in the game?

p.s. I live in Australia so if I get around to it it will come on my friday(still so sick I can't get out of bed for my ipad so sent from my kindle).

It means kerbal time, there is a handy "kerbal" next to years or months.

On 9/8/2016 at 9:13 PM, Galacticvoyager said:

I don't get the points system. If I build a colony on the Mun, do I get 25 points no matter how big the colony is as long as it fits in the requirements on the bottom of the post, or do I get [PART COUNT] points as long as the colony fits in the requirements?

Also, I have a suggestion that an ISRU and a laboratory are required for a ground city, and any orbital city should have some source of propellant from a ground-based ISRU or mining craft.

Also, I think there should be a separate leaderboard for modded colonies. Modded colonies should definitely use KIS and KAS (These are essential for longer-term habitation, especially without quicksaving/quickloading if something explodes otherwise than glitches) and possibly something like USI Colonization Systems, probably with USI/TAC Life Support. For mods, Pathfinder and OSE workshop could also help.

7 minutes ago, TheDestroyer111 said:

I don't get the points system. If I build a colony on the Mun, do I get 25 points no matter how big the colony is as long as it fits in the requirements on the bottom of the post, or do I get [PART COUNT] points as long as the colony fits in the requirements?

Also, I have a suggestion that an ISRU and a laboratory are required for a ground city, and any orbital city should have some source of propellant from a ground-based ISRU or mining craft.

Also, I think there should be a separate leaderboard for modded colonies. Modded colonies should definitely use KIS and KAS (These are essential for longer-term habitation, especially without quicksaving/quickloading if something explodes otherwise than glitches) and possibly something like USI Colonization Systems, probably with USI/TAC Life Support. For mods, Pathfinder and OSE workshop could also help.

The part count of a city is accounted, as long as the cities stages that are detachable are all detached.

Hmmm, interesting. I might include that! Although it wont not be required for a ISRU craft to be docked for a orbital city to be accepted.

The mod was originally a modded challenge, but it didn't receive much attention. Because most mods where out of date and too OP. HOWEVER, I might soon include life support mods as a option (putting you in a modded leaderboard.) But for now, go Stock.

38 minutes ago, Galacticvoyager said:

The part count of a city is accounted, as long as the cities stages that are detachable are all detached.

Hmmm, interesting. I might include that! Although it wont not be required for a ISRU craft to be docked for a orbital city to be accepted.

The mod was originally a modded challenge, but it didn't receive much attention. Because most mods where out of date and too OP. HOWEVER, I might soon include life support mods as a option (putting you in a modded leaderboard.) But for now, go Stock.

:(

But can I already start a colonization with Kerbal Inventory System and, if it doesn't cause Kraken attacks, OSE workshop? Or should I rather do it stock and maybe later attempt it with mods?

And I still don't get the point system. Do you mean that a Mun ground city gets 25 + [PART COUNT] points?

//EDIT:

25 minutes ago, Galacticvoyager said:

I suggest what you think, stock first. Mods later.

Yes, thats how it works, I might include kerbals though. Maybe 3+ points per kerbal?

no no no, the scoring system sucks. If it's for part count, then one can spam low-mass parts like science instruments to get a high part count. Even worse, this way people with strong computers have it easier than people with weak computers as stronger comps can support larger part counts. Maybe implement a scoring system based on mass, part usefulness and kerbal count? Or just have no formal scoring system at all? Remember, challenges are just for fun!

Edited by TheDestroyer111

Just now, TheDestroyer111 said:

:(

But can I already start a colonization with Kerbal Inventory System and, if it doesn't cause Kraken attacks, OSE workshop? Or should I rather do it stock and maybe later attempt it with mods?

And I still don't get the point system. Do you mean that a Mun ground city gets 25 + [PART COUNT] points?

I suggest what you think, stock first. Mods later.

Yes, thats how it works, I might include kerbals though. Maybe 3+ points per kerbal?

12 hours ago, owenmaley said:

You mean that the dock is empty? Made a new one of 80 pieces and 23 kerbals:Trk6cSw.pngjmdtxe7.png

PS. Is this right?

so, from the looks of it. Yes! So 15 + 80 = 95 points!

Congrats on second place!

Edited by Planetace

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.