Rocket Part Revamp Discussion Thread

Geez this went from "Ohh cool new models!" To "WE MUST REVAMP THE WHOLE GAME!!!" Everyone is looking at each part individually when it's all about what you do with those parts. No one launches just a fuel tank do they? The combination of all these parts to make a craft is what's important.

I have nothing against any of the parts in the game, or the comedy, or style, personally, though if fuel tanks from Jeb's Junkyard look better than a HUGE company's (rokomax) then MAYBE we need a SLIGHT change. Or mods. MODS.

• 5 months later...

Squad has recently presented some art for the DLC new parts, that show that textures can be toggleable. This feature plus the new parts are a good reason to finish the part revamp that was originally planned for the 1.2 version.

The real question is "does it extend to base-game parts?"

DISCLAIMER: What follows is my personal opinion to which people are free to agree with or repudiate at his or her discretion. My opinion represents exactly that. My opinion.

To be perfectly blunt, with KSP now in TT2's um... hands, I have no faith or hope or expectation to see the art pass ever happen. I simply do not believe they care enough to unify the graphics in such a way. I hope I am wrong I really do. Time will tell.

DISCLAIMER: The preceding post is my personal opinion to which people are free to agree with or repudiate at his or her discretion. My opinion represents exactly that. My opinion.

time 11:52:20

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.