Seafloor of Kerbin?

W. Kerman

5 hours ago, Scientia1423 said:

Apparently the game glitches after 1000 meters below sea level and physics break down for some reason. So re-creating shipwrecks or submarine -ing might be a problem

I don't think I found anything below 900m within my flight range of KSC a few weeks ago... (undersea scatter from SVT). That is pretty deep though, took a while to get down that far and lots of scope for undersea operations :)

WlZvNVJ.jpg

3 hours ago, eddiew said:

I don't think I found anything below 900m within my flight range of KSC a few weeks ago... (undersea scatter from SVT). That is pretty deep though, took a while to get down that far and lots of scope for undersea operations :)

Huh, I heard from KottabosGames and from Scott Manley that the physics break down after reaching that depth.

1 hour ago, Scientia1423 said:

Huh, I heard from KottabosGames and from Scott Manley that the physics break down after reaching that depth.

900m definitely not. Unfortunately I was too stupid to leave the HUD up and record the depth properly... the only one I have is at 33m which really isn't very interesting :/

Deepest point is well over 1000m (about 1800 iirc, or maybe 1300, can't remember which).  If I get chance I'll check later,  I have a mini sub there 

And yes, below 1000m stuff settled on the seabed sinks through it on physics load.  But if you leave it and return later it gets put back to the seabed again - then sinks again etc etc. 

Edited by pandaman

3 hours ago, pandaman said:

Deepest point is well over 1000m (about 1800 iirc, or maybe 1300, can't remember which).  If I get chance I'll check later,  I have a mini sub there 

And yes, below 1000m stuff settled on the seabed sinks through it on physics load.  But if you leave it and return later it gets put back to the seabed again - then sinks again etc etc. 

Kerbal maps says 1390.9353 m

Ok.   Just loaded up and checked my sub, it sits on the seabed at 1391m (as @Paaaad said), then falls through on activation, With any luck this will get fixed in 1.2, though it's hardly a high priority). 

I don't know where I got 1800m from, must be getting old I guess :D.

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 10:19 AM, Scientia1423 said:

Likely did at one point or another but in the flurry of updates got fixed or a simple complete overhaul patched it without them meaning to.

Granted, what I'd really like is to assemble a team to design the landscape, foliage, cities and... the oceanography! It would be a nice addition and honestly a simple community team that's been tasked with doing so could it and for me at least, I'd enjoy it! :) 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.