KSP rebuil in UE4

Hello,

Im trying to rebuild KSP in UE4(an free Game Engine), just for fun and training. 

But I got a Problem: I can use most of the parts with an Blender Plugin. But some like the Planets I cant find or maybe not even realy import as .mu file in blener like the other parts. 

If you got anny sulutions for these problems, please let me know.

(hopefully this is the right topic)

Sorry for my realy bad englisch, its not my first language.(this is my first topic(?) so if made somthing wrong-> sorry)

Edited by MrFibunacci

You probably are running in some nifty legal problems here as you are not allowed to use squads assets like you want to. Even for work in KSP itself to my knowledge it is only accepted to use the parts inside the gamedata folder to create mods for ksp (like a re-skin of the original models, or modified parts using squad assets from the gamedata folder).

39 minutes ago, InsaneDruid said:

You probably are running in some nifty legal problems here as you are not allowed to use squads assets like you want to. Even for work in KSP itself to my knowledge it is only accepted to use the parts inside the gamedata folder to create mods for ksp (like a re-skin of the original models, or modified parts using squad assets from the gamedata folder).

Im not suposed to publish it does it even count?

1 hour ago, MrFibunacci said:

Im not suposed to publish it does it even count?

Nope, it won't count as long as it's for your own use, but please don't distribute or publish work containing Squad assets :)

The code is proprietary though, so you are not allowed to reverse engineer any part of KSP, this turns out to be important as the planets are generated by code from a seed, that's why you can't find them.

There have been a few attempts at KSP'alikes including a web browser version, and it's great to see what people can do with this genre, so it'll be cool to see how you get on.

Good luck!

5 hours ago, sal_vager said:

Nope, it won't count as long as it's for your own use, but please don't distribute or publish work containing Squad assets :)

The code is proprietary though, so you are not allowed to reverse engineer any part of KSP, this turns out to be important as the planets are generated by code from a seed, that's why you can't find them.

There have been a few attempts at KSP'alikes including a web browser version, and it's great to see what people can do with this genre, so it'll be cool to see how you get on.

Good luck!

Thanks for that information. (I like squad and what they do, so I dont want to make them angry on me :) )

- good lord that means even more work for me, and the planets will not be exacly like the "real" ones.... hmm mybe i can model them based on ther textures...

Edited by MrFibunacci

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.