Jump to content

[1.2] Large Structural Components Redux v1.3.1 - 17th September 2016


Lets have your thoughts...  

58 members have voted

  1. 1. Would you like to see more parts in this art style?

    • Yes
      58
    • No
      0


Recommended Posts

Ok people, here's my list of things to do for this mod over the weekend...

- Add support for USI Life Support.
- Add support for Snacks!
- Add support for KeepFit.
- Model, Texture and Configure a new Storage Tank.
- Model, Texture and Configure a new Inline Generator.

2 minutes ago, Tex_NL said:

@udk_lethal_d0se I see you've revived the old Crossroads. Nice. :D

The "Lean" The 90degree curve. Will that too return? And if so will you also be making curves like 45, 22.5 and 15 degree parts? Smaller curves would make great circular stations.

I can do, I just need to try and not get bogged down with too many new additions; I'll add it to my todo.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, udk_lethal_d0se said:

I can do, I just need to try and not get bogged down with too many new additions; I'll add it to my todo.

Don't feel obliged  to actually create them. I would love to see them but I don't want to push you in a direction you do not want. I merely dropping some ideas to keep the creative juices flowing.

And you're right. Too many parts can kill a mod. I know several examples of brilliant mods that simply grew to big. I even had to drop a few (or severely prune them) just to keep the game playable.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tex_NL said:

Don't feel obliged  to actually create them. I would love to see them but I don't want to push you in a direction you do not want. I merely dropping some ideas to keep the creative juices flowing.

And you're right. Too many parts can kill a mod. I know several examples of brilliant mods that simply grew to big. I even had to drop a few (or severely prune them) just to keep the game playable.

Yeah.

I've been thinking of ways to get around this by making my parts more modular. I got the idea when looking at Interstellar Fuel Swich, and Mesh Switching. Basically I'm looking to head towards part variance.

Example: Foyer, Lobby and Aisle become one part, with the ability to choose variant via context (right-click) menu. Functionality will remain the same, and textures are shared for those anyways.

Link to post
Share on other sites

New update on Spacedock, we're now at 1.3.1.

Changes & Updates

- Implemented Module Manager configurations for Snacks, by @tgruetzm.
- Implemented Module Manager configurations for USI Life Support, by @RoverDude.
- Implemented Module Manager configurations for KeepFit, by @timmers_uk.
- Updated purchase price of Food Container, from 4000 to 250.
- Updated purchase price of Water Container, from 4000 to 250.
- Updated purchase price of Waste Container, from 4000 to 250.
- Updated purchase price of Science Container, from 4000 to 250.
- Updated purchase price of Peekaboo, from 4000, to 1000.
- Updated purchase price of Cradle, from 4000 to 2000.
- Updated purchase price of Crossroads Mk2, from 4000 to 5000.
- Modified crew capacity of Aisle, from null to 2.
- Modified crew capacity of Foyer, from 1 to 2.
- Modified crew capacity of Lobby, from null to 2.
- Modified crew capacity of Crossroads, from null to 1.
- Modified crew capacity of Crossroads Mk2, from null to 1.
- Added new part, the UDK-RDX "Nucleus", a redesign of the original inline generator.

We also have a new, redesigned part, the Nucleus; a large inline RTG.

bGSGh4xl.png

Enjoy!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been working on a little idea of making parts a little more modular. So I've started with the Abode design; let me know what you think.

Abode [Body] Abode [Adaptor Large] Abode [Adaptor Small]
RP6ofrW.png EGYhPjR.png QY7ZJiG.png

Here's the body in game, with the large adaptor and large docking port attached.

aeChdXE.png

Should I carry on, or ditch them?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2016 at 8:53 PM, udk_lethal_d0se said:

Ok people, here's my list of things to do for this mod over the weekend...

- Add support for USI Life Support.
- Add support for Snacks!
- Add support for KeepFit.
- Model, Texture and Configure a new Storage Tank.
- Model, Texture and Configure a new Inline Generator.

I can do, I just need to try and not get bogged down with too many new additions; I'll add it to my todo.

 

Would be nice if you update you Original Post, i had to look to the second page to see if USI is added yet or not, thanks for your nice job sir.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Jiraiyah said:

Would be nice if you update you Original Post, i had to look to the second page to see if USI is added yet or not, thanks for your nice job sir.

I do apologize, completely forgot.  I've updated the original post with links to newly supported mods.

Edited by udk_lethal_d0se
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, that was no problem with me, but from experience, i know that when your forum would get more and more pages, people may jump the first few pages to look at last pages and miss these details.

I should say, I really love your mod, good job sir

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

This is the update for version 1.2 compatibility, unfortunately SpaceDock hasn't got the latest version number for me to use, so it's still viewed as 1.1.3.

- Removed the plugin, which is not compatible with the new version of KSP. All parts now fall under the Utility category.

Please remove previous version of this mod before apply the new version; you will NOT have to recreate flights.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...


    This is a nice set of parts, Thank You!.

    When I saw the Adobe, I thought, "Woohoo, easy way to haul 10 tourists to a planet and land them for phat monies and prizes!"
    So, I made a Mun lander with the Adobe as the center of mass and a MK1-2 Command Pod on top.   Landed on the moon, had the the Pilot, Scientist and Engineer hop out to get their 'Plant Flag' credit, but did not get any "Landed" credit for the 10 tourists sitting in the Adobe.   :-(

     Since it says tourists can not EVA, I am guessing that the Command Pods and Crew Cabins have a code flag that allows a tourist to get credit for landing on a planet... but the Adobe does not possess the flag?  If it is something you can easily flip from a '0' to a '1' in the next release, that would be appreciated.    :-)

      Otherwise, I'll go back to stacking Command Pods and/or Crew Cabins in clumsy configurations so I can transport more than a few tourists at a time.

Thanks Again

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, SCESW said:


    This is a nice set of parts, Thank You!.

    When I saw the Adobe, I thought, "Woohoo, easy way to haul 10 tourists to a planet and land them for phat monies and prizes!"
    So, I made a Mun lander with the Adobe as the center of mass and a MK1-2 Command Pod on top.   Landed on the moon, had the the Pilot, Scientist and Engineer hop out to get their 'Plant Flag' credit, but did not get any "Landed" credit for the 10 tourists sitting in the Adobe.   :-(

     Since it says tourists can not EVA, I am guessing that the Command Pods and Crew Cabins have a code flag that allows a tourist to get credit for landing on a planet... but the Adobe does not possess the flag?  If it is something you can easily flip from a '0' to a '1' in the next release, that would be appreciated.    :-)

      Otherwise, I'll go back to stacking Command Pods and/or Crew Cabins in clumsy configurations so I can transport more than a few tourists at a time.

Thanks Again

Hi, thanks for using my parts. 

When referring to the part about tourists not getting credit for being landed on a new body, that's not something individual parts deal with, that's core game code. 

The part configuration for the Abode is similar to that of the Hitchhiker Storage Container, and those configurations don't dictate rewards. 

Hope that clarifies your question. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, udk_lethal_d0se said:

Hi, thanks for using my parts. 

When referring to the part about tourists not getting credit for being landed on a new body, that's not something individual parts deal with, that's core game code. 

The part configuration for the Abode is similar to that of the Hitchhiker Storage Container, and those configurations don't dictate rewards. 

Hope that clarifies your question. 

     Ahhh... I guess that is why I did not get credit when I sent Hitchhiker Containers.  I had been using RoverDude's mods and had lots of his little escape pods situated around a large heat shield that would allow me to take dozens of Kerbals around using very little Mass. 

     However, it seems that KSP 1.2 has a fit in the VAB anytime I have too many mod Parts added.  I've re-installed numerous times with different mods and it seems that each time I hit a certain Parts limit, my VAB starts flickering like a X-mas tree which makes it a pain to see the toolbar, contracts or the engineering info. 

     So, this play through, I decided to go with a relatively minimal modded build.  Your mod looked nice since it accomplishes what I want, using fewer parts/dependencies than the USI mods (his mods tend to have lots of little parts).
     Hopefully the devs will get the Part count thing in the VAB sorted out and I won't need to be so picky with my mod selection.  Even so, I've come to appreciate the relative simplicity of your mod.    :-)

      If you are not already planning for it, a couple of lighted windows on the Adobe would be a nice touch (something about being strapped into your bunk and looking out the window to see Kerbin below when you wake up).  Also, if there is a way to 'light up' the Peekaboo windows so that it doesn't look so dark and unoccupied, that would add to the 'ooh' and 'ahh' factor of it.  It doesn't need to be a complicated/fancy texture... just 'whiten' the widows when we turn on the station lights.  Of course, if you feel compelled to put in some potted plants or a desk inside the window textures that would certainly make the screenshots look snazzier and give people a reason to look at the windows as they fly by to dock.    :-)
7qT1jDE.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 6 months later...

Hi! I like this mod, it's stockalike, and goes well with Nertea's "Stockalike Station Parts Expansion", so I made some patches:

  • USI LS Patch: I modify the original USI-LS patch that comes with the mod. Now, the parts "Aisle", "Foyer" and "Lobby" includes a small and inneficient recycler; "Abode" now provide some habitat for it's 10 passengers; Finally, "Peekaboo" works as a coupola, providing habitat.
  • CTT Patch: Distribute the parts among other nodes, in the Community Tech Tree.
  • Near Future Electric (RTG decay) patch: Now, the generator has a decay rate.

 

I uploaded those patches to my GitHub, here it is the link.

 

Edit: To use those patches, download and move them into the "Patches" folder, inside the mod folder. You should overwrite the original USI LS patch.

Edited by GonDragon
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-5-9 at 10:27 PM, GonDragon said:

Hi! I like this mod, it's stockalike, and goes well with Nertea's "Stockalike Station Parts Expansion", so I made some patches:

  • USI LS Patch: I modify the original USI-LS patch that comes with the mod. Now, the parts "Aisle", "Foyer" and "Lobby" includes a small and inneficient recycler; "Abode" now provide some habitat for it's 10 passengers; Finally, "Peekaboo" works as a coupola, providing habitat.
  • CTT Patch: Distribute the parts among other nodes, in the Community Tech Tree.
  • Near Future Electric (RTG decay) patch: Now, the generator has a decay rate.

 

I uploaded those patches to my GitHub, here it is the link.

 

Edit: To use those patches, download and move them into the "Patches" folder, inside the mod folder. You should overwrite the original USI LS patch.

I added a new Patch:

  • IVA-Placeholder: I implemented Stock IVAs into the crewed parts. Most of the parts, haves the Procesing lab IVA (They are based in its model, so it fits perfect). The big "Abode" part, have the MK3 Passengers IVA (fits in it better than I expected).
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...

Hi there! Loved using this mod when I started playing years ago, glad to see it make a return! 

That said, I really loved the old Lobby, with the long rectangular window. Used to land them on planets sideways as bedroom modules with a view! Could there be a redux module that looks similar?

Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...