Does Comms DTS-M1 "Blink Lights" do anything?

In the Editor, I notice a "Blink Lights" button on the Communotron DTS-M1.  When I click it, nothing happens.

I know the Editor plays animations at high speed, so figure perhaps I missed it.  Can anyone confirm whether and under what conditions the blink lights animation ever plays for this part in KSP 1.1.3?

Thanks!

ps. The button comes from the second ModuleAnimateGeneric (the pulseEmitMediumDishAntenna one) in Squad/Parts/Utility/commsAntennaDTS-M1/commsAntennaDTS-M1.cfg, and possibly has to do with mediumDishAntenna_Emit.dds in the same directory?

8 hours ago, Fwiffo said:

When I click it, nothing happens.

Actually, it does blink lights... just not right there.  Keep clicking it enough and you'll get an irate email from Gene over in Mission Control asking you to cut it out.  :)

...Yeah, that's long bugged me too, it's been around since forever.  Every once in a while I'm tempted to do something about it and add it to IndicatorLights.

1 hour ago, Snark said:

Actually, it does blink lights... just not right there.  Keep clicking it enough and you'll get an irate email from Gene over in Mission Control asking you to cut it out.  :)

...Yeah, that's long bugged me too, it's been around since forever.  Every once in a while I'm tempted to do something about it and add it to IndicatorLights.

My contribution to the thread being ... "I don't know, I use Snark's Indicator Lights" ^^

15 minutes ago, Diche Bach said:

It does at least one thing, and it does it well: it raises questions about life, the universe, and everything.

Ooo!  That's an even better mod idea.  Make it so that when the user clicks the button, a little notification pops up saying "Please do not press this button again."  :)

13 hours ago, Snark said:

There was an  episode of Married with Children once.....     They spent the episode trying to find out what a mystery light switch did

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.