KSP 0.16 Released!

HarvesteR

Patcher error

SetError: Couldn\'t unzip the latest update, do you have sufficient disk space? Ionic.Zip.ZipException: Cannot read that as a ZipFile ---> Ionic.Zip.BadReadException: Could not read block - no data! (position 0x00000000)

at Ionic.Zip.SharedUtilities._ReadFourBytes (System.IO.Stream s, System.String message) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Ionic.Zip.SharedUtilities.ReadInt (System.IO.Stream s) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Ionic.Zip.ZipFile.ReadFirstFourBytes (System.IO.Stream s) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Ionic.Zip.ZipFile.ReadIntoInstance (Ionic.Zip.ZipFile zf) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at Ionic.Zip.ZipFile.ReadIntoInstance (Ionic.Zip.ZipFile zf) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Ionic.Zip.ZipFile.Read (System.IO.Stream zipStream, System.IO.TextWriter statusMessageWriter, System.Text.Encoding encoding, System.EventHandler`1 readProgress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Ionic.Zip.ZipFile.Read (System.IO.Stream zipStream) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ZipUtil.UnZipBytes (System.Byte[] bytess, System.String outputFolder) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PatchClientGUI.UnzipUpdate (UnityEngine.WWW www, System.String tmpFolder) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/b0bcff80449a48aa/Runtime/ExportGenerated/StandalonePlayer/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 43)

You are trying to load data from a www stream which had the following error when downloading.
transfer closed with 230918019 bytes remaining to read

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/b0bcff80449a48aa/Runtime/Export/WWW.cpp Line: 968)

Bytes:0 tmpFolder=M2HPatcherTMP/WindowsPlayer4/

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/b0bcff80449a48aa/Runtime/ExportGenerated/StandalonePlayer/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 43)

My patcher also crashed with the same error. I have over 250GB of empty space... I\'m going to try to move my KSP folder to the desktop and then to another folder somewhere else if that doesn\'t work. (OSX)

Awesome work Squad. Can barely wait to get started.

However, sadly I too am having patcher issues. Patience I must have!

Couldn\'t unzip the latest update, do you have sufficient disk space? Ionic.Zip.ZipException: Cannot read that as a ZipFile

Looks like the download fails from overload. But the exception is swallowed and the zip unpacking fails from the file being incomplete/corrupt.

EDIT: Yay, manged to finally get the patch down after several attempts. It worked all the way when I stopped browsing this forum. Probably a coincidence... but no harm to try yourself and see if it helps.

my patcher has finished downloading the update now I cant play ksp it took me more than an hour just to download the update due to the patcher having errors and the loading screen doesn\'t appear and the screen is black :\'( *sigh*

i guess some of us are gonna wait until we can able to download the 0.16 version of ksp from the store :)

i hope 0.16 will be able to be on the store hopefully soon!

oh thanks for releasing the update :)

i hope 0.16 will be able to be on the store hopefully soon!

I\'m not sure how much bandwidth it is to download the patch, relative to how much a full download of 0.16 would be, but I\'m sure with all the patcher problems a lot of people are exceeding that amount already, which sort of defeats the purpose ;)

Oh well. I\'m bummed out I haven\'t gotten a chance to play this yet, and the patcher ruined my 0.15 version so I can\'t play at all now, but I\'m sure it\'ll be worth the wait.

Post It on the store please my patcher isn\'t working it will either

1. Say cannot contact server

2. Get to step 3 and say not enough memory

3. Finish step 3 then have my patcher freeze and not respond...

I am running a 2006 dell inspiron 1gb Ram

I have a solution (at least for OSX) - move your KSP folder from applications, if it\'s in there. I put it in a new folder here labeled Games, and it is patching as we speak (16%).

DjkCK.png

I suspect something similar should work for Windows - move it from Program Files or wherever you have it and just put it on other areas, see if that will work.

Edit for minor nag@devs: KSP 15.2 (OSX) did not allow me to patch via the ingame patch button at the bottom left it did nothing at all. I had to close KSP and use the Patcher app from the 15.2 folder.

Damn, after getting around 25% downloaded the thing quit on me with the same error message. I\'ll just wait until this thing gets sorted, I guess :\

jesus, both the forums and the patcher are screwy as hell. I think you guys need to check something, because the patcher WILL NOt WORK, no matter what I try. And the insane lag on the forum is annoying too.

Great update! However I can\'t find how to switch to internal view. It is present in the release notes, but I couldn\'t find it\'s key bending in the options and I wasn\'t able to find it by pressing every single button on the keyboard either. Am I missing something and it didn\'t make it in the end?

im getting the same issues it wont let me patch then it will down load it and now it says im out of memory when trying to apply the patch. i have 6gb of dd3 ram 1gb of gddr5 and plenty of storage! please fix my kerbals i wish to make them walk in space!

I rather have the server tell me i can\'t update now because it\'s to busy, then to have it create the illusion that i can update and have the update process crap out every time i try.

okay i have downlaoded the patch several times now and every time i am getting the error unable to unzip the file. i cant read the rest of the message due to the small locked cmd screen.

Same here, it asks 'do you have enough disk space?' but i don\'t know because it does not tell me how much disk space it needs. Should 4GB not be enough?

I rather have the server tell me i can\'t update now because it\'s to busy, then to have it create the illusion that i can update and have the update process crap out every time i try.

Squad would have to write extra code in their update process to handle that. Unfortunately it’s just the nature of the internet.

Basically, you send a request for data and you are queued. Sometimes the server will get around to you, sometimes it won’t and you will time out. If you happen to get an answer, that doesn\'t mean it will give you 100% of its attention. In times like this, you just happen to get a reply and the server just sends you a little and then you have to wait until it gets back to you again. If all goes well, each time it gets around to you before you time out and you slowly get all the bits you are requesting.

The zip errors are probably due to lost packets corrupting the data. Keep trying, as more and more people finish updating/give up/try later the server will get less busy and your success right will increase.

For those of you having update problems: Is your game in the Program Files directory, for those in Windows?

Not me, ksp is in D:\KSP_win_0_15\KSP_win\

(clean install for the update)

Squad would have to write extra code in their update process to handle that. Unfortunately it’s just the nature of the internet.

So? They write code for a living.

Besides, don\'t ftp and http services have configuration for maximum connections?

The way it works now, much more bandwith is used (and payed for) than is necessary because of many failed downloads. Not to mention the frustration for many users.

Has Squad considered using bittorrent? That works better the more people download the same file.