KSP 0.16 Released!

HarvesteR

I don\'t know who they host with or what setup they have. But I\'m pretty sure they don\'t have a patch server dedicated to patching their alpha game. And if they do, I doubt they have a server app checking how many connections it has open and sending a pretty 'try again later' message.

As the game gets larger I\'m sure they will invest more into hardware as needed. For now, we have to be patient in times like this.

wow the servers really went to hell last night, this officially came out at about 1 am GMT and I had it for 1.01 am....

so squad, i just wanna say thanks for making this update SOOOOOOOOOO AMAZING!!!!! I love everything, ther kerbals, the new rocket pieces and balancing, the ladder system and those new clamps that hold the craft to the launchpad, pure f\'ing genius.

gonna upload my first episode of it soon complete with succesful mun landing and return, will edit post to lnk it soon as its done

I think eveyone wanted an update and they wanted to give us one. So they pushed docking, internal views, and a few other things for a later version and released.

I\'m happy with the build. I think they did a great job!

I think eveyone wanted an update and they wanted to give us one. So they pushed docking, internal views, and a few other things for a later version and released.

I\'m happy with the build. I think they did a great job!

Exactly. It is interesting to see some of the bugs they suffered, and as well, the new designs for the ships.

Docking wasn\'t even planned for this release, mate...

Unplanned Surprise Features:

* Wait, what?

I know it wasn\'t 'planned', but HarvesteR talked about it a lot in forum posts and I was hoping.

Great job squad!!!

:( unfortunately when i try to update it the patcher crashes, either just going into 'not responding' or saying it couldnt extract the zip

guess ill have to wait until its on the website

Just wanna say good job on this update! The EVA is extremely well done and functions beautifully. Got out to 1.5 km from my ship and was able to find my way back. Haven\'t tried to get out on the moon yet, but I\'m sure it\'s just as well done. Way to go guys!

Just wanna say good job on this update! The EVA is extremely well done and functions beautifully. Got out to 1.5 km from my ship and was able to find my way back. Haven\'t tried to get out on the moon yet, but I\'m sure it\'s just as well done. Way to go guys!

Try 'go full orbit around Minimus from a landed craft using just a jetpack'. Doable if you are careful with the jetpack fuel use. Forgot to take screenies but it definitely can be done... 8)

If anyone is having repeated problems trying to upgrade, free up some memory first. The patcher loads the entire update into memory rather than buffering & writing it to disk as it goes.

For my updater to work, I had to close a virtual machine I had running in the background. I don\'t think it\'s coincidental that immediately after I closed the VM, the next attempt (#40+) was successful.

how to install 0.16 on mac?

Can\'t yet, the patcher has something wrong with it that prevents Macs from updating. :( Hopefully they\'ll have it fixed in the next week. Sit tight.

Thanks Squad for putting out an excellent update. I\'m not a Mac so I can\'t play it (or .15.2 for some reason) but I think you guys did a great job. From what I\'ve heard and seen on Youtube and Reddit, looks like great things have come with this new patch. Enjoy reading all the bug reports!

Great job! Thanks so much!

This is a great update - thanks you! Now I can do 'moonwalks'. ;)

PS: Is there a key to switch between a walking / flying kerbonaut and those in the command module? I landed on Mun again and one kerbonaut is outside - do I need to go to the space center and then back to select the other crew members?

'the patcher has something wrong with it that prevents Macs from updating'

I might be ignorant of technical reasons for not doing this ... but why didn\'t they just put 0.16 up in the store as a direct download? Surely it has to take less bandwidth than a lot of users repeatedly trying to download the update. Thankfully I\'ve got Boot Camp running so I\'ll pop into Windows later on and play the thing, but all my favourite video capture stuff is in OSX.

On the other side of the coin, though - I\'ve seen what people are doing with this update on Youtube and it\'s all very awesome. Job well done to Squad!

Wow I was like: they released it on a Saturday?? ???

Then I found out that it was released 30 minutes after I logged off from the forums (Which was early in the morning of Saturday here). Fml! x\'D

Dev\'s you are amazing that you love your work so much that you want to take the risk of releasing it on a Friday!

Happy 43rd Apollo Day!! ;D

If anyone is having repeated problems trying to upgrade, free up some memory first. The patcher loads the entire update into memory rather than buffering & writing it to disk as it goes.

I\'ve been trying to update a few times with 5,8GB RAM free. I don\'t think KSP is that large. :/