KSP 0.16 Released!

HarvesteR

too sad... All my previous rockets can\'t be use anymore. And I\'m not a big fan of those giantic fuel tank...

My main point is that I\'ve lost all my current missions, and more important, all my spaceships.. That\'s a bit hard

too sad... All my previous rockets can\'t be use anymore. And I\'m not a big fan of those giantic fuel tank...

My main point is that I\'ve lost all my current missions, and more important, all my spaceships.. That\'s a bit hard

So did everyone else. Compatability breaks between updates and it\'s going to continue breaking for a long time.

You can expect that to happen with any update at this stage of development. Things change and things get added that require changes to the information in save files. Often this will render previous saves incompatible. That\'s the nature of software development in an alpha stage.

Cheers!

Capt\'n Skunky

KSP Community Manager

Great job, Squad!

KSP\'s awesomeness continues to climb like a competent rocket.

One advice for future releases, however:

There is no such thing as overkill.

So plan your servers as if they would be the only ones broadcasting the first Mars landing live.

Great job, Squad!

KSP\'s awesomeness continues to climb like a competent rocket.

One advice for future releases, however:

So plan your servers as if they would be the only ones broadcasting the first Mars landing live.

Well, hopefully for the next release, the patcher will work, or there will be some kind of queuing system for download, and people won\'t be downloading many multiple corrupted/failed patches. That will certainly cut down on bandwidth use, I\'m sure.

And nobody will be broadcasting the first Mars landing live. Mars is far enough away from Earth that any transmitted signal will take 4-20 minutes to get here. I doubt somebody will invent FTL TV signals before we have our first manned Mars mission.

Well, hopefully for the next release, the patcher will work, or there will be some kind of queuing system for download, and people won\'t be downloading many multiple corrupted/failed patches. That will certainly cut down on bandwidth use, I\'m sure.

Tey could have uploaded the whole version to the site.

They could have made auto-throttling for downloads on the server site to even out the load.

They could have used torrents.

They could have done a few things if it wasn\'t a weekend.

Etc

And nobody will be broadcasting the first Mars landing live. Mars is far enough away from Earth that any transmitted signal will take 4-20 minutes to get here. I doubt somebody will invent FTL TV signals before we have our first manned Mars mission.
Which will be live by the definition of simultaneity in relativity.

Or live as signal arrives, for more mundane definition.

Tey could have uploaded the whole version to the site.

They could have made auto-throttling for downloads on the server site to even out the load.

They could have used torrents.

They could have done a few things if it wasn\'t a weekend.

I really couldn\'t agree more, but I do think the patcher problem exacerbated the bandwidth issues they were having, and do hope there are no more patcher problems.

If all goes well, in a few hours there should be a full download of 0.16 at the Store, sans patcher (we\'re done with that one).

Soonâ„¢, there should also be a new patch tool available, which the game will be able to download automatically, once it\'s ready.

Cheers

He made that? It\'s an animation?

(P.S.: Happy 1000 posts, Monk)

Thanks. Funny enough I never thought I would get 1000 posts on any forum ;P

More spoilers.

It\'s the KSP title screen. It\'s kind of rare.

I was under the impression that there was going to be an internal view, is there a way of doing this or did I misread?

Love the update by the way, have 7 Kerbs on Mun and my next aim is Minmus :) Thanks for the hard work you guys are putting in.

I was under the impression that there was going to be an internal view, is there a way of doing this or did I misread?

Love the update by the way, have 7 Kerbs on Mun and my next aim is Minmus :) Thanks for the hard work you guys are putting in.

IVA has been delayed. :)