KSP 0.16 Released!

HarvesteR

Just a question now that crew capacity can be edited can we have a pod with more than 3 kerbals say a dragon like capsule with four or a space shuttle with 7 or is the 3 the maximum kerbals that can be in one pod

I must say that 0.16 is really GREAT release! Good job devs!

EVAs are absolutely an enjoyable experience. Animations are really smooth, new parts are beautiful and also the optimisation that was done to 0.16 has made this game an absolute joy to play on my now ageing computer. Now all plays smooth even with explosions, SRBs and LFEs burning all at the same time!

A big thank you!

There are still a few tweaks and tinkering to do, but the few hours I spent with 0.16 were already an enormous amount of fun.

At one of the first flights, I went into orbit, and let Bill Kerman get out. Unfortunately, I incidentally ignited a stage too much before that, so my ship broke into two pieces shortly after I went EVA, and my poor kerbonaut got lost halt of the ladder.

So my ship swirled around uncontrollably in the low orbit towards Kerbal, and my kerbonaut drifted into space - bad!

So I got my jetpack, and flied after my swirling ship. At one point, the fuel stage finally broke of the landing capsule, and although it took me two or three tries to synchronize with the spinning part, I finally managed to grab the ladder and get back into the capsule. Phew!

So, EVAs actually make the missions much more personal and complex. I was a bit sceptical, but it really is an amazing addition to the gameplay. I think it\'s also interesting that I have to design the rockets now in a way so that the entrance is reachable.

Also, the addition of all the new parts - especially the rescaled ones are all pretty well balanced and useful. I especially like the launch brackets, finally I can design my rocket without to worry if it can stand.

Altogether: amazing release!

So here\'s a reason to go: the previous crew(s) need rescue.

stranded1.jpg

Bill, Bob, and Jeb discuss their options after another of Jeb\'s 'any landing you can walk away from is a good landing.'

stranded2.jpg

Oh good, the rescue crew is here! Um... why do they look emberassed?

stranded3.jpg

Reunion 3 came to rescue the other two crews, but did not notice the slope. Jonrand is attempting to position the damaged engine underneath the working #2 engine, so that we can overheat it with exhaust. Hopefully, the explosion will destroy the #2 engine and fuel tank, so that we can balance the ship and go home on half power.

It didn\'t work. Now the reunion has three more crew, and a ship doing the \'awkward turtle\' maneuver.

Nice update. The Kerbal animations are surprisingly smooth, and it seems the old rocket parts have better performance (or is it my imagination ... ?) - I can now reach the moons with smaller rockets. Once again a great update ... !

Congratulations on another great update. I\'ve had a problem with a few of the parts freezing the loading screen (Looking at you, Tricoupler!) But otherwise it\'s fantastic.

Same here i just removed the tricoupler

Also i downloaded the game via the patcher but i checked the store anyway and it is still showing .15 for me not .16 and i have a paid account

If you are seeing the 0.15 button on the Store download page it\'s because your browser is caching the graphic. Flush your cache and the button will change.

To fix the tricoupler, just remove the \mesh\ folder inside the part\'s folder.

Cheers!

Capt\'n Skunky

KSP Community Manager

If you are seeing the 0.15 button on the Store download page it\'s because your browser is caching the graphic. Flush your cache and the button will change.

To fix the tricoupler, just remove the \mesh\ folder inside the part\'s folder.

Cheers!

Capt\'n Skunky

KSP Community Manager

Thanks a bunch but how do i flush the cache im using google chrome

Thanks a bunch but how do i flush the cache im using google chrome

Try \'Shift\'+\'f5\' in that page. If that doesn\'t help, go to options in Your browser and delete cookies. SHOULD do the trick.

Many parts now have right-click menus; try that and see what happens. :)

Wah? Crap I thought I tried that but it looks like that\'s the way to do it.. you can even right click them while doing EVA\'s! ???

Actually, the key combination to clear the cache on the site you see is Ctrl + F5 not Shift + F5. ;-)

Whoops how did I think about using shift?

I\'m probably using that key too much since the last update. :P