[1.12.x] End your parts list nightmare - Introducing The Janitor's Closet

linuxgurugamer

On 9/6/2022 at 2:42 AM, infinite_monkey said:

Kerbal Telemetry is now standalone and doesn't need Telemachus. It has its own button, titled "Kerbal Telemetry", for enabling the web server. And it's that button that keeps getting instantiated again and again.

I wasn't using the KSP forums back then, I am the author of Kerbal Telemetry and the issue is now fixed guys! For the other mod developers: High quality textures as your toolbar icon causes the issue. If you have a similar problem with the Janitor's Closet, just lower the resolution of the icon for the toolbar icon, I worked for days to understand why, so you don't have to :wink:

2 hours ago, yagiziskirik said:

I wasn't using the KSP forums back then, I am the author of Kerbal Telemetry and the issue is now fixed guys! For the other mod developers: High quality textures as your toolbar icon causes the issue. If you have a similar problem with the Janitor's Closet, just lower the resolution of the icon for the toolbar icon, I worked for days to understand why, so you don't have to :wink:

Define "High quality textures".  Are they textures which are larger than the 38x38?

8 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Define "High quality textures".  Are they textures which are larger than the 38x38?

The current texture is 128 x 128 and it is working fine. But in the previous release, I forgot it as 7680 × 7680 (silly me :confused:). I scaled it down until it stopped bugging the game and it really improved after 512 x 512. I wanted to showcase the long text in the logo, so I kept it at 128 x 128, but (if I remember correctly) 256 x 256 was the biggest resolution that is capable of running without bugging the game. 36 x 36 and 38 x 38 were working like a charm as well. Also downscaling inside the Unity doesn't help either, the original texture file causes the problem. Bear in mind that without the JC, the toolbar was working fine.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, toric5 said:

Is it possible to hide stock buttons? Id like to hide the KSPedia and transfer calculator buttons, free up some vertical space.

Not with this mod.  I know there's another mod which can do things with the buttons, but I don't remember it's name right now

• 1 month later...

Little sidenote: the OP shows some pictures of buttons etc. unfortunately the picturelinks seem to be broken cause the pics not to be displayed - at least in my browser (chrome on an android tablet) making the who-to-use-the-mod a bit more difficult to understand. Not a big thing, just a sidenote.

Edited by Rakete

18 hours ago, Rakete said:

Little sidenote: the OP shows some pictures of buttons etc. unfortunately the picturelinks seem to be broken cause the pics not to be displayed - at least in my browser (chrome on an android tablet) making the who-to-use-the-mod a bit more difficult to understand. Not a big thing, just a sidenote.

Odd.  In Firefox, they appear for me.  In Edge they don't.  Perhaps it's my browser cache (which I do occasionally clear out) that's still got them.  At least I can confirm the problem.

14 hours ago, Brigadier said:

Odd.  In Firefox, they appear for me.  In Edge they don't.  Perhaps it's my browser cache (which I do occasionally clear out) that's still got them.  At least I can confirm the problem.

Cleaned cache, they don't appear for me.

On 1/14/2023 at 6:21 AM, Rakete said:

On 1/15/2023 at 12:57 AM, Brigadier said:

OP has been updated with the images

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, RB101 said:

Mods that I have uninstalled still show up in the Janitors closet menu,

Is there any way to remove these from the list?

Remove the file(s): 

• GameData/JanitorsCloset/JCModfilter-v2-1.cfg
  • GameData/JanitorsCloset/JCModfilter-v2-2.cfg
  • GameData/JanitorsCloset/JCModfilter-v2-3.cfg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi,

I don't know if this has been suggested before or not as a feature request, but do you think it would be possible to allow re-ordering of the mods button, in the stock toolbar ? (same feature as you have in the toolbar mod basically).

Since your mod already interacts with the stock toolbar, I tought this hopefully might be possible !

Peace

Edited by kurgut

6 hours ago, kurgut said:

Hi,

I don't know if this has been suggested before or not as a feature request, but do you think it would be possible to allow re-ordering of the mods button, in the stock toolbar ? (same feature as you have in the toolbar mod basically).

Since your mod already interacts with the stock toolbar, I tought this hopefully might be possible !

Peace

It's been suggested, and rejected as not easily possible, given the way the game is coded.

Not impossible, but right now, not something I'm going to do.  Sorry

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I'd want to unprune a single part, without having to go through the hassle of "undo permanent prune" process.

I tried renaming the parts cfg and its associated model to their normal file extensions, and also deleted the reference to it, in the RenamedFiles.dat file.

But the part remains unavailable in the VAB/R&D..
is there other files where the part is reference for your mod, and thus blocked ?

Edited by kurgut

2 hours ago, kurgut said:

Hi,

I'd want to unprune a single part, without having to go through the hassle of "undo permanent prune" process.

I tried renaming the parts cfg and its associated model to their normal file extensions, and also deleted the reference to it, in the RenamedFiles.dat file.

But the part remains unavailable in the VAB/R&D..
is there other files where the part is reference for your mod, and thus blocked ?

There is a config file which the mod uses to prune parts which may have been replaced, such as what might happen during a mod upgrade.

I don't remember the name of the file, but you would find it the mod directory, under the PluginData directory

1 hour ago, kurgut said:

This issue keeps raising periodically : errors spams related to the buttonblock list, I guess It has to do with the icons put in the janitorC custom folder...

It's actually not a bug, but some old debug messages I never removed.

Working on an update to clean it up and optimize some stuff.

• 4 months later...

Since the cargo update, alt+Lclick grabs a full stack of cargo-compatible parts. This conflicts with the Blocker Menu. Is there a way to change this?
rQjH89p.png
Perhaps this has been asked, apologies for possible redundant question.

Thanks, LGG.

Edited by ElonsMusk

• 2 months later...

Another cargo-related problem, this one's a definite bug.

• If tooltips are enabled, they also show up when mousing over inventory parts in the PAW during flight.
  • If the part you mouse over on the PAW is Breaking Ground deployable science equipment and you click the deploy icon, the PAW closes but the tooltip does not.
  • Instead, the tooltip keeps indefinitely following the mouse around until you open another PAW and mouse over, then out of, any inventory item, at which point it disappears as normal.

Are you calling the tooltip hiding command from a mouse-out event handler? Because it sounds as if the event doesn't fire if the PAW gets closed this way.

Hi there, first of all thanks for the great mod!

I was wondering if there is a way to keep the option to hide unpurchased parts aktive by default. I think it would be a great compensation for the problem that JC overrides the feature within editor extensions redux

Cheers!