Jump to content

[1.12.x] End your parts list nightmare - Introducing The Janitor's Closet


linuxgurugamer
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Wuwuk said:

To install through a ckan without any unnecessary movements.

I might be too dense here, but I have almost all of my mods via CKAN, including several mods that are official for lower KSP version but nevertheless work fine with 1.10.1. What is the problem installing JC via CKAN for KSP 1.10.1?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, VoidSquid said:

I might be too dense here, but I have almost all of my mods via CKAN, including several mods that are official for lower KSP version but nevertheless work fine with 1.10.1. What is the problem installing JC via CKAN for KSP 1.10.1?

Then why doesn't the author just change the configuration file and upload it as a new version on GitHub?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Wuwuk said:

Then why doesn't the author just change the configuration file and upload it as a new version on GitHub?

Because he has 200+ mods and releasing a new update for all of them for every KSP revision when 95% of them still work fine is a lot of needless work.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

So the answer is to unpermaprune, and then just to use the hide function.  Won't help with the loading, but will help in the VAB

Yes, I don't actually use the perma prune myself, but because of a bug I introduced in my own config files due to the lack of NEEDS on the part upgrades, knew that Janitor Closet would be susceptible to the issue that I described due to the part renaming.  But as you mention in the OP, it is something best to avoid at all possible.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, hemeac said:

Yes, I don't actually use the perma prune myself, but because of a bug I introduced in my own config files due to the lack of NEEDS on the part upgrades, knew that Janitor Closet would be susceptible to the issue that I described due to the part renaming.  But as you mention in the OP, it is something best to avoid at all possible.

It's good to know, although either for lack of usage or good code, I don't hear about anybody using it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Tell you what.   If you are willing to pay me for my time, I'd be happy to make the change specifically for you.

Do you have a paypal donation link?   After reading this I realize I owe you for all your mods I used.     A 'Thanks you' are nice.   But I would like to at least give you enough to buy a decent Pizza. along with a 6 Pack of Beer or Hard Cider.   ;-)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Twidget_Gray said:

Do you have a paypal donation link?   After reading this I realize I owe you for all your mods I used.     A 'Thanks you' are nice.   But I would like to at least give you enough to buy a decent Pizza. along with a 6 Pack of Beer or Hard Cider.   ;-)

I have both:

https://paypal.me/linuxgurugamer

 

That post was a tongue-in-cheek, I wasn't really asking to be paid.  I was just trying to get a point across in a way that the original poster may have understood.

Donations are gratefully accepted at the links above, and thank you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I have both:

 

https://paypal.me/linuxgurugamer

 

That post was a tongue-in-cheek, I wasn't really asking to be paid.  I was just trying to get a point across in a way that the original poster may have understood.

Donations are gratefully accepted at the links above, and thank you

Done.   Enjoy a Beer and Pizza on me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/19/2020 at 11:29 PM, Bearfight said:

I can vouch that, on Windows at least, a very modded KSP needs a very large, unrestricted pagefile - or two.  I realized at some point that a lot of my KSP crashes were, in fact, low virtual memory conditions.  I set both of my pagefiles back to "system managed" and haven't had a memory-related crash since.  (As a systems admin it was always just second nature for me to limit how much drive space the OS can steal on a moment's notice but - KSP is NOT OKAY with that! :/)  For spec reference, I have 24GB RAM -  and HAD two 4-8GB virtual memory files spread out across a NVMe and another, standard SSD.  That was fine - until my modlist approached the 200 mark.  No other program that I run consumes as much virtual memory.  Maybe an outlier, like myself, who manually manages their pagefile will see this and have a light bulb moment.  Computers are complicated.  Life is hard. :(  :D

I have the same issue with the [D3D error was 80070057] thing. Strangely it only appears once I add JC. All my other mods (RO+RP1+recommended) works perfectly.

I tried updating the GC driver and I increased the pagefile for my system disk but no luck so far.

Still, I luckily found a workaround. If I remove the ModuleManager cache it rebuilds during the subsequent startup of KSP and everything works well including JC. The only thing is that I have to do it everytime so it adds a minute or two to my loading time. I reckon its definitely less annoying than having all these obsolete engines hanging around my parts list !

Maybe someone has a clue about what may be going on ? I have 32Gb of RAM and a GTX 960 with only 4Gb of Video Memory. In my previous RO/RP1 install somewhere in the beginning of 2020 everything worked well including JC...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey !

I use janitor closet to hide most of my mods icons in the stock toolbar (I hate have to scroll ^^)

It work perfectly every time I launch the game. But after two or three windows switch (ksc to flight to Trackingstation to VAB etc) it become  a complet mess. Some of the buttons reappears and I can't even more click on janitor closet or most of other mods icons.

Is there a way to prevent that or to reset janitor closet while ingame ? I can provide a log if it could help

Thanks !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, flart said:

nullref when trying to pull the breaking ground parts, and they don't pulled into the container.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yao99tpwh2xzkl6/20201205-022911.446_0001.mp4

ksp.log https://1drv.ms/u/s!Alncj27YxKc-hlVLyrERCYvvvL75?e=b3D47v

player.log https://1drv.ms/u/s!Alncj27YxKc-hlZLpkIghEVA7zyO?e=kjJMW5

 

What do you mean “pull into a container”?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

What do you mean “pull into a container”?

drag an icon into container gui.
ok, I can do it by hovering on the container, and then drag into container gui, but nullref still there.  

UPD. and now it is working from gui to gui, but in the video on 10th second it wasn't

Edited by flart
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just wanted to pop in and say this has got to be one of my favorite and most useful mods! It’s such a lifesaver. I’ve only just discovered it but I used to spend hours on every update I did to prune through parts to only keep my favorites. Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, ninthninja05 said:

Hey, is this mod still compatible with KSP 1.10.1? I know it can't be installed through CKAN, but would it still function if I install it manually?

It can be installed with CKAN, just set your "compatible versions" to include 1.9, 1.8, etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So, I've read the OP and the first few pages and, just to be clear, using PermaPrune prevents associated .dds files ("assets?") from being loaded and taking up memory, right?  UNLESS, another part or iva .cfg or .mu calls for that same .dds?

I'm just asking because it looks like the scope of PermaPrune was evolving over time.  Huge .dds files are the bane of my mobo-limited-16 GB existence because I can't always tell if they're being used by more than one part.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
I am using Janitors Closet and when I select resources it goes blank. The only way to get it back is by leaving the VAB and coming back. the problem is that a slow computer like mine has a high chance of crashing when that happens and it takes forever to reboot up. any ideas as to what is wrong?

unknown.png?width=431&height=669

My mod list (pastebin):

https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/z3qwdKkhKv/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, RedRoyal25 said:
I am using Janitors Closet and when I select resources it goes blank. The only way to get it back is by leaving the VAB and coming back. the problem is that a slow computer like mine has a high chance of crashing when that happens and it takes forever to reboot up. any ideas as to what is wrong?

 

My mod list (pastebin):

https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/z3qwdKkhKv/

The resources is currently not working, as you just found out.  Sorry, hope to get to it in the near future

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...