Jump to content

[1.12.x] End your parts list nightmare - Introducing The Janitor's Closet


linuxgurugamer
 Share

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Ok, I'll take a look.

Thanks

No, no, thank you, you work fast as always and without your continuous efforts this game wouldn't be what it is, or lurkers like me would have to *gasp of shock and horror* put more work into it themselves, and we can't have that, can we ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello,

yesterdays update made me read the manual in the first post. And was surprised to find that it opens a menu with an ALT-click. I tired that and nothing happens (well the part gets selected as normal). I also tired Cntrl-click and various other combinations, but no menu shows up. I checked the console(Cntrl-Alt-F12), but nothing shows up there either.

So, how do I remove a part from the list via the menu then, or what am I doing wrong? Do I maybe have to revert to the previous version?

I'm running an RP-1 build on KSP 1.8.1.

Best regards

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Nobody6 said:

Hello,

yesterdays update made me read the manual in the first post. And was surprised to find that it opens a menu with an ALT-click. I tired that and nothing happens (well the part gets selected as normal). I also tired Cntrl-click and various other combinations, but no menu shows up. I checked the console(Cntrl-Alt-F12), but nothing shows up there either.

So, how do I remove a part from the list via the menu then, or what am I doing wrong? Do I maybe have to revert to the previous version?

I'm running an RP-1 build on KSP 1.8.1.

Best regards

I’d have to review, but try alt-right click

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I’d have to review, but try alt-right click

Unfortunatly, no.

Left, right or middle click, with alt, cntrl, shift or any combination of those. Wether it is in the VAB or the SPH. I even tried the Research center. None do open the "Blocker Menu". They only (de-)selecting the part or extending the infobox as normal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Nobody6 said:

Unfortunatly, no.

Left, right or middle click, with alt, cntrl, shift or any combination of those. Wether it is in the VAB or the SPH. I even tried the Research center. None do open the "Blocker Menu". They only (de-)selecting the part or extending the infobox as normal.

What version of KSP are you playing, I’ll try replicating this later this evening if Inget some time

6 hours ago, Nobody6 said:

Hello,

yesterdays update made me read the manual in the first post. And was surprised to find that it opens a menu with an ALT-click. I tired that and nothing happens (well the part gets selected as normal). I also tired Cntrl-click and various other combinations, but no menu shows up. I checked the console(Cntrl-Alt-F12), but nothing shows up there either.

So, how do I remove a part from the list via the menu then, or what am I doing wrong? Do I maybe have to revert to the previous version?

I'm running an RP-1 build on KSP 1.8.1.

Best regards

Oh, just say you are on 1.9.1

I’ve never played RP-1, so don’t know if that’s an issue.  But I’ll test the latest on 1.8.1mthis evening.  In the meantime, please provide a Player.log which includes an attempt to use it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Right now I was  in the process of creating a clean logfile, but now it works?!? Both left,right and middle mouse click plus Alt open the "Blocker Menu" now...

I have saved the logfiles (which are insanely big: 20 to 30 MB), but I don't see an option to append/attach them here. Are you're interested in them anyway? I could send them to you by email if you give me some contact information via private message or something.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Nobody6 said:

Right now I was  in the process of creating a clean logfile, but now it works?!? Both left,right and middle mouse click plus Alt open the "Blocker Menu" now...

I have saved the logfiles (which are insanely big: 20 to 30 MB), but I don't see an option to append/attach them here. Are you're interested in them anyway? I could send them to you by email if you give me some contact information via private message or something.

If it's working, not interested.

For the future, you put the files on a file-sharing service (Dropbox, GoogleDrive, etc) and post a link.

Glad it's working for you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, traisjames said:

Is there any known mod that causes Janitor Closet to not work?

All logs are https://github.com/traisjames/Logfiles/blob/master/4-13-21 logs.zip

First, Install ZeroMiniAVC, you have at least one MiniAVC installed and that is seriously broken in the current versions

Next, you are missing the SpaceTuxLibrary, which JC needs as a dependency

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

First, Install ZeroMiniAVC, you have at least one MiniAVC installed and that is seriously broken in the current versions

Next, you are missing the SpaceTuxLibrary, which JC needs as a dependency

 

I have both of those installed...ZeroMiniAVC, and SpaceTuxLibrary.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/15/2021 at 1:06 AM, Brigadier said:

Are you looking in the right place?  See the topic below for locations for the log LinuxGuruGamer is requesting.

 

Should be.  I included an image of where I was looking.  For some reason the "Insert image from URL" didn't work...oh I know why...WyTZeef.png

When does/should the game make the Player.log file?

Edited by traisjames
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I tried to hide from all scenes the buttons from ClickThrough and Toolbarcontrol, but they sometimes work, sometimes dont, is this a known bug?

 

EDIT: Well, loading the game doesnt show the buttons, but once I enter any facility and return to the KSC the buttons reapear. They even apear when they are inside the Janitors button :0.0:

 

Spoiler

20210421002030-1.jpg

 

Edited by SiCaRiO31
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, SiCaRiO31 said:

I tried to hide from all scenes the buttons from ClickThrough and Toolbarcontrol, but they sometimes work, sometimes dont, is this a known bug?

 

EDIT: Well, loading the game doesnt show the buttons, but once I enter any facility and return to the KSC the buttons reapear. They even apear when they are inside the Janitors button :0.0:

 

  Reveal hidden contents

20210421002030-1.jpg

 

Use the yellow wrench to hide those buttons. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@linuxgurugamer Hello. I decided to use the mod again, but it doesn't work again. I downloaded the latest version, and threw the JanitorsCloset folder from the archive into the GameData folder in the game folder. But there is nothing in the game, as if the mod is not installed. I attach the logs. Help me. (With "MOAR [x] Science!" mod, the same problem)

https://disk.yandex.ru/d/JEpVro09kNYGeg

Edited by rebel-1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, rebel-1 said:

@linuxgurugamer Hello. I decided to use the mod again, but it doesn't work again. I downloaded the latest version, and threw the JanitorsCloset folder from the archive into the GameData folder in the game folder. But there is nothing in the game, as if the mod is not installed. I attach the logs. Help me. (With "MOAR [x] Science!" mod, the same problem)

https://disk.yandex.ru/d/JEpVro09kNYGeg

It looks like you're missing two dependencies, ClickThroughBlocker and SpaceTuxLibrary. Go back to the first post in the thread for the download links. Almost all the mods Linuxgurugamer maintains that have a dll (i.e., not mods that only add parts) will have those two dependencies. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, somnambulist said:

It looks like you're missing two dependencies, ClickThroughBlocker and SpaceTuxLibrary. Go back to the first post in the thread for the download links. Almost all the mods Linuxgurugamer maintains that have a dll (i.e., not mods that only add parts) will have those two dependencies. 

Thanks. I'll try it now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@linuxgurugamer I'm getting a Log Error : [ERR 13:59:21.528] Janitor's Closet: Error adding ApplicationLauncher button: An item with the same key has already been added. Key:  

when I "Apply" or "Accept" the pause menu options (Key is blank on the log).

Latest version (and dependencies) installed. I can provide the log if you need it & I've opened an issue on GitHub. Not game breaking but just FYI.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, FruitGoose said:

@linuxgurugamer I'm getting a Log Error : [ERR 13:59:21.528] Janitor's Closet: Error adding ApplicationLauncher button: An item with the same key has already been added. Key:  

when I "Apply" or "Accept" the pause menu options (Key is blank on the log).

Latest version (and dependencies) installed. I can provide the log if you need it & I've opened an issue on GitHub. Not game breaking but just FYI.

You can ignore it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

for use this mod i must install the "click trought blocker" as dependency, but loading the game i recive the message that click trought blocker version is not-compatible with 1.11.2 version of the game

Edited by Kerbinidiel
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Kerbinidiel said:

for use this mod i must install the "click trought blocker" as dependency, but loading the game i recive the message that click trought blocker version is not-compatible with 1.11.2 version of the game

You can ignore that message, it's wrong.

Edit:  If you are getting that from CKAN, you need to enable 1.8 compatibility.

A picture would be helpful to know where the message is coming from.

Edited by linuxgurugamer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...