[1.12.x] End your parts list nightmare - Introducing The Janitor's Closet

linuxgurugamer

16 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 0.2.18:

• Fixed bug where the blocked part titles weren't being shown in the editor after leaving the editor and returning
  • Added HideUnpurchased button to Mod Filter window, only active when in Science or Career

Really like the Hide Unpurchased feature.  That could be a whole mod in itself.

I guess this is a problem on my side, since no one else is reporting it, however Janitor's Closet stopped to work for me. The icon is present, if I click on it the help page will display but I can't block any parts in VAB/SPH and on mouseover, the GUI of JC doesn't show up.

I found this and a ton of other NRE in my KSP.log

[ERR 19:44:13.782] Exception handling event onLevelWasLoadedGUIReady in class JanitorsCloset:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at JanitorsCloset.FileOperations.loadData (System.String fname) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at JanitorsCloset.FileOperations.loadBlackListData () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at JanitorsCloset.JanitorsCloset.OnSceneLoadedGUIReady (GameScenes scene) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EventData`1[GameScenes].Fire (GameScenes data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Here's my KSP.log and Output.log. I hope I can find a solution, this install is really important for me.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/aiux3jvi563h0h8/AABfsGLCMubhROZqZIWkNq_za?dl=0

I've found a repeatable issue with this mod and Crew R&R. Having Crew R&R installed causes Janitor's Closet to be unable to hide icons. It will still generate the its own versions, but will not remove them from the app launcher.

Installed mods:

1. BetterTimeWarpContinued
  2. Crew R&R
  3. MechJeb
  4. Janitor's Closet
  5. Transfer Window Planner

Tested by first installing everything but Crew R&R. Hid everything with JC and then relaunched the game to confirm that they remained hidden. Installed Crew R&R and launched game, app launcher buttons no longer hidden, but exist in both places now.

Log

On 5/6/2017 at 2:52 PM, Gribbleshnibit8 said:

I've found a repeatable issue with this mod and Crew R&R. Having Crew R&R installed causes Janitor's Closet to be unable to hide icons. It will still generate the its own versions, but will not remove them from the app launcher.

Installed mods:

1. BetterTimeWarpContinued
  2. Crew R&R
  3. MechJeb
  4. Janitor's Closet
  5. Transfer Window Planner

Tested by first installing everything but Crew R&R. Hid everything with JC and then relaunched the game to confirm that they remained hidden. Installed Crew R&R and launched game, app launcher buttons no longer hidden, but exist in both places now.

Log

Thank you.

Is JC unable to hide ALL icons or just Crew R&R?

19 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Thank you.

Is JC unable to hide ALL icons or just Crew R&R?

It's unable to hide any. But they still show up in the JC list when I click the button. I can provide some screenshots tonight, I should have the other day.

Just now, Gribbleshnibit8 said:

It's unable to hide any. But they still show up in the JC list when I click the button. I can provide some screenshots tonight, I should have the other day.

Ok, that would be helpful, but I'll try to replicate this later this evening

On 5/6/2017 at 1:55 PM, Nansuchao said:

I guess this is a problem on my side, since no one else is reporting it, however Janitor's Closet stopped to work for me. The icon is present, if I click on it the help page will display but I can't block any parts in VAB/SPH and on mouseover, the GUI of JC doesn't show up.

I found this and a ton of other NRE in my KSP.log

[ERR 19:44:13.782] Exception handling event onLevelWasLoadedGUIReady in class JanitorsCloset:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at JanitorsCloset.FileOperations.loadData (System.String fname) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at JanitorsCloset.FileOperations.loadBlackListData () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at JanitorsCloset.JanitorsCloset.OnSceneLoadedGUIReady (GameScenes scene) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EventData`1[GameScenes].Fire (GameScenes data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Here's my KSP.log and Output.log. I hope I can find a solution, this install is really important for me.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/aiux3jvi563h0h8/AABfsGLCMubhROZqZIWkNq_za?dl=0

Since I only use this intermittently (to prune my massive partlist...), I hadn't noticed - but I'm getting the same thing with the latest version.

I reverted back a version, and things went back to normal.

7 minutes ago, DStaal said:

Since I only use this intermittently (to prune my massive partlist...), I hadn't noticed - but I'm getting the same thing with the latest version.

I reverted back a version, and things went back to normal.

I noticed something really weird. In the same install, but another save, it works flawlessly. Can you try if it's the same for you?

2 hours ago, Nansuchao said:

I noticed something really weird. In the same install, but another save, it works flawlessly. Can you try if it's the same for you?

Ok, very interesting...  I have several test saves as well as my main save in my install, and it works in about 50% of my saves.  (This after re-upgrading to the latest version.)

1 minute ago, DStaal said:

Ok, very interesting...  I have several test saves as well as my main save in my install, and it works in about 50% of my saves.  (This after re-upgrading to the latest version.)

So there is definitely something weird here. Maybe @linuxgurugamer can investigate.

20 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I'll make an install.  If it was a CKAN install, send along that file as well

I'm uploading the save on Dropbox, but none of my mods are installed by CKAN, I do everything manually...

Here you have: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/h2mg1r33byc4cao/AABGAMETID6fJXd5uV_4E8jla?dl=0

If you want the modlist, I can share it

Spoiler

x Science
Filter Extension
Blizzy's Toolbar
AllYAll
Ambient Light Adjustement
Animated Decouplers
Antenna Helper
ASET
Asteroid Day
Aviation Cockpit
B9Aerospace
B9 Aerospace legacy
B9 Aerospace Procedural Wings
Better Burn Time
Bon Voyage
Colonist
Community Category kit/resource pack/Tech Tree
Crow Sourced Science
Cx Aerospace
Distant object
Easy Board
Engine Light
Simple Construction
FAR
Field Training Facility
Firespitter (core plugin)
Flight Plan
hangar Extender
haystack Continued
Indicator Lights
Interstellar Fuel Switch
Janitors Closet
JSat
JSI
KAS
KCT
KER
Kerbal Foundries
KJR
Kerbal Konstruct
KerbinSide
KIS
Kopernicus
KRASH
Ksp Wheel
KW Rocketry
Landertron
LTech
MagiCore
IR
MechJeb
Modular Pod Extension
Modular Flight integrator
Modular Fuel Tanks
NavBall Adjustor
Docking Alignement Indicator
Overdrive
part Commander
Persisten Rotation
Pilot Assistant
Planetary base Inc
PlanetShine
Procedural Wings/Fairings/Parts
Quantum Struts
RCS Build Aid
Reentry Particle Effect
Deep Freeze
Retractable Lifting Surface
ScanSat
Scatterer
Science Relay
REKT
Smoke Screen
Stational Cunstruct
Station Part Expansion
SVT
Stock Extension
TAC Fuel Balancer
tarsier
Texture Replacer
TAC LS
Time COntrol
Tokamak Industries
KAC-TWP
TweakScale
Soylent
USI Konstruction
Universal Storage
Vanguard
Interstellar Extended
Kerbal Komets
OSE Workshop
Zombie-B9 Expansion

Many of them are mods that you're maintaining. Thanks for all your hard work!

Edited by Nansuchao

12 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

That's quite the list.  Any chance you have a fast enough connection to be able to upload it somewhere?  If so, send me the link in a PM

I'll try now. However consider that in my timezone it's almost 02:00 AM now, so the link will be ready in 8-9 hours from now.

New release, 0.2.19:

• Added check when loading blacklist to be sure part isn't pruned, avoids nullref

Many thanks to @Nansuchao for working with me to get a complete copy of his GameData directory.  It took several tries, Dropbox and GoogleDrive weren't able to do it properly, and without it, I would not have found this bug

Edited by linuxgurugamer

I just made a new install (RSS+SMURFF+SSTU+a good few other mods), and so many parts are in so I tried use Janitor's closet to clean up. But left alt+click, or right alt+click (ctrl+l.alt or r. alt.. I tried everything) doesnt work for me. Windows 10 running the 64 bit. etc.
log here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gby1ui6ddrviddf/output_log.txt?dl=0

Thanks if you can look at it,

Cruz0e

Ah, uhm, probably You can ignore my last post. I did not test the most obvious "fix" ... restart windows. Now I did restart and everything works again. It had to do something with the windows. (btw I'm using a new mouse for few days, a Logitech Anywhere MX 2). /The middle wheel had problem too, it didn't work in Chrome this morning (I tested in other programs it worked), thats why I restarted now it works everywhere, and the mod works too in KSP/

Cruz0e

Premium Bug Report:

Situation: Testing partmods in a clean install. Squad "mod" hidden only Modular Rocket System showing

Mods: Janitors Closet, ModuleManager (idle - no patches in this test), Modular rocket system (only parts folder in correct subfolder -> GameData/ModRocketSys/Parts)

Bug: When selecting a part from the list it places it as root and pins a copy to the mouse wich is placeable but after that no part in the list is selectable. Renders game unplayable without restart.

How to reproduce: Alt+Tab out of KSP, delete a few parts from the ModRocketSys folder, back to game, leave VAB, Reload database via console, enter VAB and it happens.

Log: https://github.com/maculator/Crafts/blob/master/log.cfg

1 hour ago, maculator said:

Premium Bug Report:

Situation: Testing partmods in a clean install. Squad "mod" hidden only Modular Rocket System showing

Mods: Janitors Closet, ModuleManager (idle - no patches in this test), Modular rocket system (only parts folder in correct subfolder -> GameData/ModRocketSys/Parts)

Bug: When selecting a part from the list it places it as root and pins a copy to the mouse wich is placeable but after that no part in the list is selectable. Renders game unplayable without restart.

How to reproduce: Alt+Tab out of KSP, delete a few parts from the ModRocketSys folder, back to game, leave VAB, Reload database via console, enter VAB and it happens.

Log: https://github.com/maculator/Crafts/blob/master/log.cfg

Um, quick question: What's the *expected* behavior when you delete files from GameData while KSP is running?  Because 'random weirdness' would kinda be my expectation...