[1.12.x] End your parts list nightmare - Introducing The Janitor's Closet

linuxgurugamer

OK, I can't do any more testing in this second. Just wanted to add, that I've still found a JC exception when closing KSP. Was with 0.2.11.
It's the last line in my ksp.log.

Spoiler

[LOG 03:21:31.422] S.A.V.E: destroying S.A.V.E
[LOG 03:21:31.426] S.A.V.E: storing configuration in D:/Spiele/Steam/SteamApps/common/KSP/KSP_x64_Data/..//GameData/S.A.V.E.dat
[LOG 03:21:31.427] S.A.V.E: stopping backup/restore threads
[LOG 03:21:31.432] [1/22/2017 3:21:31 AM [x] Science!]: <Trace> (ScienceChecklistAddon) - OnDestroy
[WRN 03:21:31.444] QuickGoTo(QStockToolbar)[1.32]: No QGoTo Instance
[LOG 03:21:31.445] QuickGoTo(QStockToolbar)[1.32]: OnDestroy
[EXC 03:21:31.449] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    JanitorsCloset.FileOperations.saveData (System.String fname, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 blpList)
    JanitorsCloset.FileOperations.saveBlackListData (System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 blpList)
    JanitorsCloset.JanitorsCloset.OnDestroy ()

@linuxgurugamer

Could you maybe add a "debug" option and print the "Button not found in dictionary" only when debugging is enabled?. I have the feeling that 50% of the lines in my error log are these lines. :) Or maybe set it as warning/info? It would help scrolling trough / analyzing the KSPdev logger error file. :)

14 minutes ago, Jebs_SY said:

OK, I can't do any more testing in this second. Just wanted to add, that I've still found a JC exception when closing KSP. Was with 0.2.11.

Hide contents

[LOG 03:21:31.426] S.A.V.E: storing configuration in D:/Spiele/Steam/SteamApps/common/KSP/KSP_x64_Data/..//GameData/S.A.V.E.dat
[LOG 03:21:31.432] [1/22/2017 3:21:31 AM [x] Science!]: <Trace> (ScienceChecklistAddon) - OnDestroy
[EXC 03:21:31.449] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    JanitorsCloset.FileOperations.saveData (System.String fname, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 blpList)
    JanitorsCloset.FileOperations.saveBlackListData (System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 blpList)

@linuxgurugamer

Could you maybe add a "debug" option and print the "Button not found in dictionary" only when debugging is enabled?. I have the feeling that 50% of the lines in my error log are these lines. :) Or maybe set it as warning/info? It would help scrolling trough / analyzing the KSPdev logger error file. :)

I'll add that tomorrow

Regarding this exception:

9 hours ago, Jebs_SY said:

Hide contents

When you exit the game, do you exit through the menus, or are you exiting by clicking the "X"?

One more:  0.2.11.4   https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/JanitorsCloset/releases/tag/0.2.11.4

• Fixed nullref when no toolbars defined, this happend when changing scenes
  • Added checks for empty file name when saving & loading blacklist file
  • Added Debug mode (spams log file), turn on/off in the settings

• 2 weeks later...

Full release:  0.2.12.1

• corrected using the correct value for the gamescene
  • Fixed delay after changing scenesAdded option to disable hover on icons in JC toolbar
  • Fixed display of hidden buttons 
  • Updated some of the logging to only log errors in the release versionFixed nullref when no toolbars defined, this happend when changing scenes
  • Added Debug mode (spams log file)Added a few checks to avoid a nullreff
  • Fixed a rare null-ref related to the KerboKatz mods
  • Added config file of blacklisted icons, currently only has Kerbokatz
  • fixed issue where lists weren't saved when removing a button from a folder
  • Removed call to close windows when changing scenes.
  • Added menu item to blacklist a button and save it
  • Fixed nullref when no toolbars defined, this happend when changing scenes
  • Added Debug mode (spams log file), turn on/off in the settings
  • Fixed issue with SEP where hovering over a button caused flickering
  • Fixed menu size to adjust for the blacklist option
  • Added dialog to confirm blacklisting button

Hey @linuxgurugamer, I am trying to unhide a toolbar button I set to hide everywhere. So I clicked the janitor closet button and Mod(Alt for me)+ right click the button and it appears to return to the toolbar, but if you click the janitor closet button it is still there and in the config file the entry for the button remains under hidden. Is this intentional? :huh: If so, it would be infinitely easy to unhide a button by editing the config file if the entries had some indicator/name for the mod they represent. If not I think there is a bug. Logs and more info available at request. Apologies if this is known or already being fixed I skimmed the thread but definitely didn't read it. Thanks! :) 

Edited by Svm420

Just now, Svm420 said:

Hey @linuxgurugamer, I am trying to unhide a toolbar button I set to hide everywhere. So I clicked the janitor closet button and Mod(Alt for me)+ right click the button and it appears to return to the toolbar, but if you click the janitor closet button it is still there and in the config file the entry for the button remains under hidden. Is this intentional? :huh: If so, it would be infinitely easy to unhide a button by editing the config file if the entries had some indicator/name for the mod they represent. If not I think there is a bug. Logs and more info available at request. Thanks! :) 

First, are you running the latest version?

Second, it's impossible to do what you ask about the config file.  There is no way to uniquely identify a button and the mod it's from.  I had to use an MD5 hash of the button image to uniquely identify the buttons.

If you are running the latest, please replicate and then send me the log file.

Thanks

13 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

First, are you running the latest version?

Second, it's impossible to do what you ask about the config file.  There is no way to uniquely identify a button and the mod it's from.  I had to use an MD5 hash of the button image to uniquely identify the buttons.

If you are running the latest, please replicate and then send me the log file.

Thanks

Just DLed the latest to be sure ran a test with FAR. Log Pic

Spoiler

c5h6HX4.jpg

4 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Ok, thanks, I'll see what I can do.

Good to know it's FAR, it might be specific to that, I'll figure it out

Thank you. I should mention I first noticed it with Kerbal Konstucts while trying to get that button unhidden, so those 2 mods at least.

As someone who has 178 (usually large) mods installed, this tool isn't just fantastic. It's necessary.

D4bubU.gif

So first off, thank you. You are a Godsend.

I am however, unfortunately having some issues like those Svm420 mentioned, where buttons that are hidden and then unhidden remain in the Closet, some buttons seem unable to go into the Closet completely, and then other buttons go into the Closet but also leave ghosts behind that don't function but still clog the UI. If there's a way I can help, just let me know what info/logs you need and I'd be happy to send 'em your way.

trapped-in-the-closet-o.gif

6 hours ago, smokytehbear said:

I am however, unfortunately having some issues like those Svm420 mentioned, where buttons that are hidden and then unhidden remain in the Closet, some buttons seem unable to go into the Closet completely, and then other buttons go into the Closet but also leave ghosts behind that don't function but still clog the UI. If there's a way I can help, just let me know what info/logs you need and I'd be happy to send 'em your way.

A list of whatever mods which you are seeing the issue.  Or, if it's random and/or many different ones, i need to know that also.

thanks

I have been able to replicate the issue with Kerbal Konstructs.  It looks like there is a problem removing buttons from that area

56 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

A list of whatever mods which you are seeing the issue.  Or, if it's random and/or many different ones, i need to know that also.

thanks

I have been able to replicate the issue with Kerbal Konstructs.  It looks like there is a problem removing buttons from that area

I can get a full list of what I've seen in a few hours, but right off the top of my head I think that Kerbal Konstructs was one of those that left a ghost but the "real" icon moved to the folder, DeepFreeze and TAC-LS both seem to be completely immune. Bon Voyage goes away but comes back every time I re-log... It's a whole bunch of them to be honest, but I'm not sure they're random per se. I'll keep better track next time I log on which ones I can move so I can get you an accurate list.

thank your for cleaning the mess in app-launcher

however

not working for me...

extraplanetary launchpad, throttle controlled avionics, ground construction, far, deadly reentry, real chute - they all creating a new button in app-launcher after hiding them

28 minutes ago, eLDude said:

thank your for cleaning the mess in app-launcher

however

not working for me...

extraplanetary launchpad, throttle controlled avionics, ground construction, far, deadly reentry, real chute - they all creating a new button in app-launcher after hiding them

Yeah, I am still experiencing the same thing even with the latest update. EL, Ground Construction, particularly in my case as I don't run many of those other mods. Most of them go away the first time, but results are fairly mixed and vary from mod to mod for icons. The one thing they all have in common though is that whatever I hide always gets undone whenever I restart KSP. This should be persistent even when re-logging right?

I'll grab a complete list of each icon's characteristics when I sign back on.

Are this icons that are usually on the FLIGHT but NOT on the MAP screen or the other way around? So icons that are only on one of these 2 screens?

Linuxgurugamer, I had that / a similar issue once, but was not able to reproduce, yet.

@eLDude @smokytehbear
Do you maybe use the mod Quickstart (and start directly to a flying vehicle with that)?

EDIT: Could reproduce it a little, made a video, PN sent.

Edited by Jebs_SY

@smokytehbear @eLDude

Could you do the following test:

Exit the game, then delete the file "janitorsCloset/PluginData/JanitorsCloset.cfg"

and then try it again?

I'm especially interested in the following:

1.  Without exiting the game or the program, does it happen?  Are you changing scenes?

2.  Exit the program, then restart and see if it happens again.

Also, if you could take a look at the file every change you make, let me know if it changes, and if so, how.

Finally, log files from both of you, please

Thanks

One more thing:  While it isn't related, I see that FAR and DRE are referenced;  these are not yet released for 1.2.2, I'm not working on testing those.

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Ok,

I've seen the problem after doing a quicksave/quickload.  So, if you do this, please exit the program and restart, and see if it happens again.

I just realized why it's happening after a quickload.  

I'm also adding another "feature", so I won't get it out immediately:

I'm adding a debug mode, in which you will be able to right-click on an icon and give it an identifying name.  These names will be stored in a file, and I'll be asking for those files to be sent to me so I can build up a small database of identifications for the different buttonHashes.  This will make it easier to identify a button in the file, as well as give me the ability to add a tooltip hover help over the buttons.

Look for it tomorrow evening, I hope

43 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

@smokytehbear @eLDude

Could you do the following test:

Exit the game, then delete the file "janitorsCloset/PluginData/JanitorsCloset.cfg"

and then try it again?

I'm especially interested in the following:

1.  Without exiting the game or the program, does it happen?  Are you changing scenes?

2.  Exit the program, then restart and see if it happens again.

Also, if you could take a look at the file every change you make, let me know if it changes, and if so, how.

Finally, log files from both of you, please

Thanks

One more thing:  While it isn't related, I see that FAR and DRE are referenced;  these are not yet released for 1.2.2, I'm not working on testing those.

1. Yes, I specifically tracked it in a separate notepad this time so I can give specifics, if it helps at all. 

Spoiler

In flight, attempted to remove these icons and got the following results:

• EL: gone
  • KK: immmune
  • Kustom Kerbals: immune
  • Hyperedit: immune
  • Ground Construction: gone
  • TWP: immune
  • Astrogator: gone
  • Deep Freeze: gone
  • Tac-LS: gone
  • Kerbal Health: gone
  • Flag Changer: gone
  • Critical Temps: gone
  • Air Park: gone
  • Servo Controller: gone
  • KSPIE: gone
  • Total Time: gone
  • Bon Voyage: immune
  • TCA Man: gone

On a local scene change using [ (for a rescue operation) and then back after boarding the vessel, these icons only had returned:

• KSPIE
  • Air Park
  • Tac-LS

After changing to another vessel entirely from the map view, these had returned:

• Astrogator
  • Servo Controller

Meanwhile, greyed out the entire time and unclickable as well as unhideable were KER and Probe Control Room, but I think that's because I disabled KER in flight (maybe?) and my vessels didn't have probes.

Another meanwhile, is this not supposed to put them into a folder? Because it wasn't. When telling it to hide icons they just went away and I wouldn't have been able to unhide them manually (if not for this glitch, really). Maybe I'm confused, but my impression was that they were supposed to go into a new, green, broom folder so you could unhide along the way.

2: I will check what happens to the icons I hid at the KSC screen upon restart, but honestly I expect more of the same. Never wrote down which ones did which, but they seem to all come back each re-entry into the game.

I will send you a link to my log file via a message.

Hiding icons is different than moving to a folder.  When you hide an icon, it goes into a special folder, which is the JC button itself.

Also, re. the immune, did you add those buttons to the blacklist?  Because if you did, the only way to remove them is to delete the blacklist itself

Hi,

I have to go, but I found and fixed the problem with the quicksave/quickload.

The following is a TEST BUILD, please try it out.  Only real change is the fix for this, you may see a new option on the settings screen, but it isn't active yet

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hnqo13o3jsd9tkb/JanitorsCloset-0.2.13.1.zip?dl=0

This also fixed a bug which I saw when changing scenes, may be part of the issues

Edited by linuxgurugamer

51 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Hiding icons is different than moving to a folder.  When you hide an icon, it goes into a special folder, which is the JC button itself.

Also, re. the immune, did you add those buttons to the blacklist?  Because if you did, the only way to remove them is to delete the blacklist itself

Hi,

I have to go, but I found and fixed the problem with the quicksave/quickload.

The following is a TEST BUILD, please try it out.  Only real change is the fix for this, you may see a new option on the settings screen, but it isn't active yet

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hnqo13o3jsd9tkb/JanitorsCloset-0.2.13.1.zip?dl=0

This also fixed a bug which I saw when changing scenes, may be part of the issues

Yeah they're not going into any folder, not even the standard, gray JC button, they just go away... until they return from a scene change.

So to clear up any potential confusion I have, putting the icons on the blacklist does what specifically? I don't recall doing that for any of the buttons, but suppose maybe I did accidentally, they would behave this way where I can't click on them or remove them or anything?