[1.12.x] End your parts list nightmare - Introducing The Janitor's Closet

linuxgurugamer

Just now, linuxgurugamer said:

You are getting a nullref for some reason.

What are you doing?  What button are you trying to click on?

Apparently there is a null for a value called "initialName" which is causing the problem.

I've been trying all of the buttons on my toolbar randomly.  

I had JC installed for a while and it was working before, but today I went through and updated all of my mods that were not getting updated by CKAN.  I read through the changes on here and was excited to get your mod working again but then it wasn't?

I suspect it is some kind of interaction with one of my many mods.  I had QuickHide installed which hides stuff in the stock toolbar, but it still happens after I uninstalled that.

1 minute ago, Liquid5n0w said:

I've been trying all of the buttons on my toolbar randomly.  

I had JC installed for a while and it was working before, but today I went through and updated all of my mods that were not getting updated by CKAN.  I read through the changes on here and was excited to get your mod working again but then it wasn't?

I suspect it is some kind of interaction with one of my many mods.  I had QuickHide installed which hides stuff in the stock toolbar, but it still happens after I uninstalled that.

I hate to ask you, but you need to narrow it down, you have a lot of mods installed.

24 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I hate to ask you, but you need to narrow it down, you have a lot of mods installed.

Hmm, if I just remove all mods and start with a new testing save I would be shocked if it still happens.  Should I try that or just a partial removal of mods?

39 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Delete half the mods. If it works, you know the conflict is in one of the deleted mods.

Do this in a copy of your game

So I took out half my mods, created a new save and the alt-right click was working in the fresh save.

But then without closing KSP I went back to game load and loaded my big save game, clicked through all my crafts that failed to load, and I Could Not right click the menu?

Here is a new log of that game session:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Av1EdAOGC27IirBkB9kehqY0k_IaXQ

17 minutes ago, Liquid5n0w said:

So I took out half my mods, created a new save and the alt-right click was working in the fresh save.

But then without closing KSP I went back to game load and loaded my big save game, clicked through all my crafts that failed to load, and I Could Not right click the menu?

Here is a new log of that game session:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Av1EdAOGC27IirBkB9kehqY0k_IaXQ

Without seeing the vessels, I can't say, but you may have a bad craft file.  Zip them up and send to me, I'll take a look

And now it's working on my main version of the game that I didn't change a single thing on.  I loaded a brand new sandbox in it, but that wasn't working an hour ago.

Okay something weird happened, check out the screenshot and the log for this screenshot.  I loaded my original copy of the game, it quickloaded into my testing sandbox save.  It was working completely correct there.  I then loaded my main save and I noticed the alt-right click was working correctly on some of the buttons in my home but then not others.  Then I clicked on the JC button and saw stuff in it I put in the sandbox save, but it also wasn't taken off the toolbar?

Note both of the Ground Construction buttons are working.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Av1EdAOGC27IirBlpvG_XxOGJzuOeA

Clipboard_image_2017_02_22_16_26_37.png

On 2/22/2017 at 4:42 AM, Ser said:

I believe Janitor's closet has a functionality to deal with stock toolbar.

It also cuts my frames almost in half when I have it display hidden buttons. Blizzy's doesn't and I can put them where I want.  I hate squad for its excrements  toolbar. They half ass too many details. 

Edited by Svm420

14 hours ago, Svm420 said:

It also cuts my frames almost in half when I have it display hidden buttons. Blizzy's doesn't and I can put them where I want.  I hate squad for its excrements  toolbar. They half ass too many details. 

I really think you should report that to @linuxgurugamer (sorry for offtopic)

18 hours ago, Svm420 said:

@Svm420 Please contact me, while it may not be possible, I'd like to hear about the performance issues and maybe improve it.

• 3 weeks later...

@linuxgurugamer

Found your mod cause a memory leak. Nothing is thrown in the log, but memory increases without end while the janitor toolbox toolbar is in use with at least 2 mod hidden. I could not trigger it with only 1 mod hidden. Exact steps below.

Clean install of latest KSP 1.2.2 modded with Janitor's Closet, Part Angle Display, GCMoniter and Part Wizard to test.

1. start KSP (new or old save don't matter) without any button hidden by janitor closet

2. Go to VAB or SPH

3. Hide Here the 2 button from PAD and PW

4. Click Janitor's Closet button to open its toolbar.

5. Leave open for 2 minutes and watch memory allocation increase in GCMoniter wIndow or HUD

6 Close JC toolbar and notice memory allocation stabilizes

It will now leak with any number of hidden buttons being displayed. Only when not displayed does the leak stop.

Testing a little more even without GCMoniter using the Windows Task Manager I can watch memory leak even if only a single button that is hidden is displayed. It leaks slower but starts leaking the moment the button is displayed without delay. I used Part Wizard. Have not tested other scenes, but given these results, it definitely warrants deep testing. Thanks!

On 3/15/2017 at 9:39 PM, Svm420 said:

@linuxgurugamer

Found your mod cause a memory leak. Nothing is thrown in the log, but memory increases without end while the janitor toolbox toolbar is in use with at least 2 mod hidden. I could not trigger it with only 1 mod hidden. Exact steps below.

Clean install of latest KSP 1.2.2 modded with Janitor's Closet, Part Angle Display, GCMoniter and Part Wizard to test.

1. start KSP (new or old save don't matter) without any button hidden by janitor closet

2. Go to VAB or SPH

3. Hide Here the 2 button from PAD and PW

4. Click Janitor's Closet button to open its toolbar.

5. Leave open for 2 minutes and watch memory allocation increase in GCMoniter wIndow or HUD

6 Close JC toolbar and notice memory allocation stabilizes

It will now leak with any number of hidden buttons being displayed. Only when not displayed does the leak stop.

Testing a little more even without GCMoniter using the Windows Task Manager I can watch memory leak even if only a single button that is hidden is displayed. It leaks slower but starts leaking the moment the button is displayed without delay. I used Part Wizard. Have not tested other scenes, but given these results, it definitely warrants deep testing. Thanks!

Is the leak only in the editor, or is it in flight as well?

Also, does this happen if you move buttons to folders?

Edited by linuxgurugamer

New release, 0.2.15.6:

• Fixed memory leak of multi megs a sec when the toolbar was displayed, by limiting the updating of the toolbar icons to once every 5 seconds

This change essentially eliminated the leak.  Testing showed a leak of 2-3 meg per second, after the change, it was unnoticable.  It's possible that Unity wasn't able to do garbage collection, but now can.

It's a result of the need to check to toolbar buttons of mods to see if any mod updated the icon.  This change reduces the responsivity of those icons, but should be reasonable.

New release, 0.2.17

• Found error in CRC calculations (was making a fixed texture of 38x38, instead of using the source textures size).   This was causing some textures to come up with the same CRC, which breaks things
  • Added try/catch to watch for duplicate CRC code

Unfortunately, some of the CRC codes for existing icons will change, which will make icons which have had their CRC code change to be removed from a folder (if it was in one)

Anyone else having this randomly not work? 

Everything works fine one minute, then without notice the "Alt click" no longer works. A restart of KSP fixes temporarily. Eventually it happens again. Of course I have many, many, many mods installed. I am only posting in hopes of finding a work around someone may have found(assuming it's not just me w/this problem). Thanks in advance for any help.

1 hour ago, SneakyGunz said:

Anyone else having this randomly not work? 

Everything works fine one minute, then without notice the "Alt click" no longer works. A restart of KSP fixes temporarily. Eventually it happens again. Of course I have many, many, many mods installed. I am only posting in hopes of finding a work around someone may have found(assuming it's not just me w/this problem). Thanks in advance for any help.

I have run into this bug as well. I haven't had enough time to really poke around and try to see what is causing it though. 

• 1 month later...

KottabosGames demonstrated a bug in his mod review of 11 April, and I see it is still not fixed.  KottabosGames Review    Go to 5:30

1)  In VAB (or SPH), hide part(s)

2) Click the Show Blocked Parts to verify it is listed

3)  Leave VAB

4) Return to VAB

5) Click the Show Blocked Parts

Result:  No parts are listed, but there are entries under the Where for each part and an Unblock button is displayed.

A bit frustrating, making the mod unusable for me at present.  I really would like to use it.  KottabosGames loaded KSP with no other mods, so there is no mod conflict.

Edited by Apollo13

4 hours ago, Apollo13 said:

KottabosGames demonstrated a bug in his mod review of 11 April, and I see it is still not fixed.  KottabosGames Review    Go to 5:30

1)  In VAB (or SPH), hide part(s)

2) Click the Show Blocked Parts to verify it is listed

3)  Leave VAB

4) Return to VAB

5) Click the Show Blocked Parts

Result:  No parts are listed, but there are entries under the Where for each part and an Unblock button is displayed.

A bit frustrating, making the mod unusable for me at present.  I really would like to use it.  KottabosGames loaded KSP with no other mods, so there is no mod conflict.

thanks for the report, I'm working on it.

edit:  Just released fix, see below

Edited by linuxgurugamer

New release, 0.2.18:

• Fixed bug where the blocked part titles weren't being shown in the editor after leaving the editor and returning
  • Added HideUnpurchased button to Mod Filter window, only active when in Science or Career