[1.12.x] End your parts list nightmare - Introducing The Janitor's Closet

linuxgurugamer

When you perma prune and export, is there way to save certain parts in different saves? What I mean is, I created an export called Original Perma. then created another export with a different name and different parts. However when i look at the folder it basically has all the parts from both prunes. Was that confusing?

23 hours ago, viperwolf said:

When you perma prune and export, is there way to save certain parts in different saves? What I mean is, I created an export called Original Perma. then created another export with a different name and different parts. However when i look at the folder it basically has all the parts from both prunes. Was that confusing?

No, not at this time

For some reason, Whenever I have this mod installed, everything I do in the editor is a double-click, making it impossible to do anything. Did I install it wrong or something? I don't know if it's related as well, but there are two "janitors closet" icons on the bottom of my screen.

19 minutes ago, Crazywolf5000 said:

For some reason, Whenever I have this mod installed, everything I do in the editor is a double-click, making it impossible to do anything. Did I install it wrong or something? I don't know if it's related as well, but there are two "janitors closet" icons on the bottom of my screen.

You have two copies ofmthe mod installed, or at lease two copies of the dll

Look at the log file, it will list in various places the different DLLs which are loaded.  Look for JanitorsCloset.dll

39 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

You have two copies ofmthe mod installed, or at lease two copies of the dll

Look at the log file, it will list in various places the different DLLs which are loaded.  Look for JanitorsCloset.dll

I found it and it does appear twice but... now what? I'll be perfectly honest, I have no idea what I'm doing and I'd rather not break anything.

EDIT: never mind, I figured it out. If anyone is as big a noob at this as me is reading this, Once you find the log file (which in its self is a bit of an adventure) find the DLL using the Edit>find function in notepad, then copy-paste the path into your file explorer. Once there, just delete the duplicate mod. For me, this mod was included in another mod without me noticing, so it was causing things to break. Now that I've uninstalled the one that came bundled with it (in this case Airplanes Plus) everything is working fine. 

Edited by Crazywolf5000
I figured out how to fix it

@linuxgurugamer Im sending another small Donation to you next month for your work. The amount of mods you er maintaining seems pretty heavy to me. Thats alot of complaining, tweaking,time consuming stuff to deal with. Please dont burn yourself out, which is easy to do with so many different projects. Anyway I know you er probably tired of hearing this, but Thank you for your continued work!

5 hours ago, Crazywolf5000 said:

I found it and it does appear twice but... now what? I'll be perfectly honest, I have no idea what I'm doing and I'd rather not break anything.

EDIT: never mind, I figured it out. If anyone is as big a noob at this as me is reading this, Once you find the log file (which in its self is a bit of an adventure) find the DLL using the Edit>find function in notepad, then copy-paste the path into your file explorer. Once there, just delete the duplicate mod. For me, this mod was included in another mod without me noticing, so it was causing things to break. Now that I've uninstalled the one that came bundled with it (in this case Airplanes Plus) everything is working fine. 

That's odd, I just looked at the AirplanesPlus download, and I don't see JC there.

If the entire folder was there, it may have been that you accidently dropped it on the AirplanesPlus folder rather than inside the GameData folder

1 hour ago, viperwolf said:

@linuxgurugamer Im sending another small Donation to you next month for your work. The amount of mods you er maintaining seems pretty heavy to me. Thats alot of complaining, tweaking,time consuming stuff to deal with. Please dont burn yourself out, which is easy to do with so many different projects. Anyway I know you er probably tired of hearing this, but Thank you for your continued work!

Thank you, and your welcom

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

That's odd, I just looked at the AirplanesPlus download, and I don't see JC there.

If the entire folder was there, it may have been that you accidently dropped it on the AirplanesPlus folder rather than inside the GameData folder

Thank you, and your welcom

That's also likely...

2 hours ago, DracoSilverpath said:

This mod is useful, but also a bit infuriating I'm coming to find. Half the time I go into the VAB and try to select a part in the list, the "blocker Menu" pops up instead of me selecting/grabbing a part I want, absolutely driving me nuts. Am I missing something?

did you install Click Through Blocker dependency?

Edited by viperwolf

Just now, DracoSilverpath said:

Yes, been installed from the start, though can't really see what good its done.. :(

Maybe a key bind issue or another mod? Sorry I have no idea, it works great for me. Im sure you already tried a reinstall of the mod. I manually install all my mod, sorry I could not help.

2 hours ago, DracoSilverpath said:

This mod is useful, but also a bit infuriating I'm coming to find. Half the time I go into the VAB and try to select a part in the list, the "blocker Menu" pops up instead of me selecting/grabbing a part I want, absolutely driving me nuts. Am I missing something?

How are you trying to select a part in the list?

5 minutes ago, DracoSilverpath said:

Yes, been installed from the start, though can't really see what good its done.. :(

You won't see any good, it just works invisibally

Just now, linuxgurugamer said:

How are you trying to select a part in the list?

You won't see any good, it just works invisibally

i'm selecting parts via simply left clicking them on the parts list on the left side of the screen in the VAB/SPH. sometimes it works fine, other times though, the little window appears over it and wont let me select the part, or any other for that matter.

18 minutes ago, DracoSilverpath said:

i'm selecting parts via simply left clicking them on the parts list on the left side of the screen in the VAB/SPH. sometimes it works fine, other times though, the little window appears over it and wont let me select the part, or any other for that matter.

OS version? Log file?

@linuxgurugamer I've been using JC for a few weeks now with no issues. All of a sudden it has stopped remembering my hidden toolbar icons and throwing a lot of exceptions to the log. I tried deleting the settings that are created in both the mod directory (JanitorsCloset.cfg) and the individual save (JanitorsCloset.dat). I do have the required dependency of CTB. Running 1.4.2, here's my log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ve83jm5talpixdb/KSP.log.zip?dl=0

On 4/8/2018 at 11:13 AM, leatherneck6017 said:

@linuxgurugamer I've been using JC for a few weeks now with no issues. All of a sudden it has stopped remembering my hidden toolbar icons and throwing a lot of exceptions to the log. I tried deleting the settings that are created in both the mod directory (JanitorsCloset.cfg) and the individual save (JanitorsCloset.dat). I do have the required dependency of CTB. Running 1.4.2, here's my log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ve83jm5talpixdb/KSP.log.zip?dl=0

@linuxgurugamer Bump. I know you are super busy, but have you by chance had time to look at this?

12 minutes ago, leatherneck6017 said:

@linuxgurugamer Bump. I know you are super busy, but have you by chance had time to look at this?

Next time, please provide the output_log.txt

Here is a test build, it will provide me with  more information:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/78n5x6pij1ugqlj/JanitorsClosetTestBuild.zip?dl=0

It only contains the DLL, just replace what's there with this.  Run it, and then send me the output_log.txt

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Next time, please provide the output_log.txt

Here is a test build, it will provide me with  more information:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/78n5x6pij1ugqlj/JanitorsClosetTestBuild.zip?dl=0

It only contains the DLL, just replace what's there with this.  Run it, and then send me the output_log.txt

Sorry about the wrong log. I just ran a (failed) part recovery mission with this test build DLL and I'm happy to report that the issues of it not remembering or being able to hide buttons seems to be rectified. It does still throw an exception when you click on it in to access a hidden button in the flight or map screens. Certainly not a big deal. Here's the correct log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/j651bnipf1d3gqf/output_log.zip?dl=0