[1.12.x] End your parts list nightmare - Introducing The Janitor's Closet

linuxgurugamer

@linuxgurugamer would there be a way for Janitor's closet to show where the part's actual model is coming from? Right now if I have a Squad part but I'm using VSR to change the part's appearance Janitor's Closet tells me it's a Squad part when I hover over it in the VAB. It would be helpful if it would also tell me the model is coming from VSR.

If the display allowed for more than one model reference that would be really useful when the user is having a model conflict where two mods are trying to overwrite the same model.

11 minutes ago, Tyko said:

@linuxgurugamer would there be a way for Janitor's closet to show where the part's actual model is coming from? Right now if I have a Squad part but I'm using VSR to change the part's appearance Janitor's Closet tells me it's a Squad part when I hover over it in the VAB. It would be helpful if it would also tell me the model is coming from VSR.

If the display allowed for more than one model reference that would be really useful when the user is having a model conflict where two mods are trying to overwrite the same model.

Unfortunately, no

• 4 weeks later...
[LOG 12:48:02.210] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'JanitorsClosetLoader' from assembly 'JanitorsCloset'
[EXC 12:48:02.218] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	JanitorsCloset.Log.Info (System.String msg)
	JanitorsCloset.JanitorsClosetLoader.Awake ()
	UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
	AddonLoader:StartAddon(LoadedAssembly, Type, KSPAddon, Startup)
	AddonLoader:StartAddons(Startup)
	<LoadObjects>c__Iterator1:MoveNext()
	UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
	<CreateDatabase>c__Iterator0:MoveNext()
	GameDatabase:StartLoad()
	<LoadSystems>c__Iterator0:MoveNext()
	UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

I'm getting this exception in my 1.5.1 log, should this cause any problems?
Janitor's Closet(0.3.4.3) seems to be working just fine.
Can provide complete log if needed, but I'll wait with upload in case this isn't an issue.

Edited by Zah

AssemblyLoader: Loading assemblies
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'JanitorsCloset' has not met dependency 'ClickThroughBlocker' V1.0.0
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'JanitorsCloset' is missing 1 dependencies

When I used Alt and left click, it would place the part as a root item. If I used Alt & right click, it did nothing.

I'm using file The_Janitors_Closet-0.3.4.3.ZIP on KSP 1.5.1

Installed Click_Through_Blocker-0.1.6.9 things seem to be working now.

On 12/20/2018 at 7:11 AM, Zah said:

[LOG 12:48:02.210] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'JanitorsClosetLoader' from assembly 'JanitorsCloset'
[EXC 12:48:02.218] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	JanitorsCloset.Log.Info (System.String msg)
	JanitorsCloset.JanitorsClosetLoader.Awake ()
	UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
	AddonLoader:StartAddon(LoadedAssembly, Type, KSPAddon, Startup)
	AddonLoader:StartAddons(Startup)
	<LoadObjects>c__Iterator1:MoveNext()
	<CreateDatabase>c__Iterator0:MoveNext()
	GameDatabase:StartLoad()
	<LoadSystems>c__Iterator0:MoveNext()
	UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

I'm getting this exception in my 1.5.1 log, should this cause any problems?
Janitor's Closet(0.3.4.3) seems to be working just fine.
Can provide complete log if needed, but I'll wait with upload in case this isn't an issue.

Can be ignored

12 hours ago, imWACC0 said:

AssemblyLoader: Loading assemblies

AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'JanitorsCloset' has not met dependency 'ClickThroughBlocker' V1.0.0

AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'JanitorsCloset' is missing 1 dependencies

When I used Alt and left click, it would place the part as a root item. If I used Alt & right click, it did nothing.

I'm using file The_Janitors_Closet-0.3.4.3.ZIP on KSP 1.5.1

Installed Click_Through_Blocker-0.1.6.9 things seem to be working now.

The dependencies are listed in the OP, and if you use CKAN they are installed automatically

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome mod :) I use this a lot for cleaning up my parts list between VAB and SPH.

Is it possible to select to see *only* particular groups in the filters with a single click? Rather than going "Hide All" -> (Thing I Want To See)? I tried ctrl+click, alt+click etc.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having a problem with v.0.3.3 (running KSP 1.3.1. for RP-1).

1. I disabled some mod icons in Space Center but now I'm not getting the context menu for Janitor's Closet anymore (to unhide the buttons) - as a sidenote: some of the last hidden buttons would only hide after switching to another screen (VAB f.e.).
  2. If I disable mod icons in VAB I can't get to the context menu to unhide them - I just get the context menu for parts. The context menu is briefly visible in the upper left corner but won't stay up long enough for me to get the cursor there.
  3. The "JanitorsCloset.dat" file (which I think would store the save's settings) in my save folder is empty (0 Byte). Are the settings stored anywhere else?

Anyone also having such issues, or knows what's causing them and how I can fix them?

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, kurgut said:

Hi @linuxgurugamer

I'm wondering how to toggle the label that indicates from which mod are your part from when hovering them (while in VAB/SPH), since it seems to appear randomly for me.. Pretty sure I missed a thingy.

Thanks!

That only works for buttons which it recognizes.  If you send me a list of buttons which aren't recognized, I can add that to the list

Ifyou want to turn it off, it's in the settings

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

That only works for buttons which it recognizes.  If you send me a list of buttons which aren't recognized, I can add that to the list

Ifyou want to turn it off, it's in the settings

tbf I did find *at one point* that it would stop working after a while, but it has been a while since that happened for me (and yes, it stopped working for all of them when it happened). It might have been a mod that was clashing, so that might be worth kurgut looking into?

17 minutes ago, jospanner said:

tbf I did find *at one point* that it would stop working after a while, but it has been a while since that happened for me (and yes, it stopped working for all of them when it happened). It might have been a mod that was clashing, so that might be worth kurgut looking into?

Not without more information, which would include a list of mods, log file, etc

• 1 month later...

hi @linuxgurugamer, the bad happened to me, I pruned few more parts on my current career, and of course when relaunching, bunch of vessels were missing parts.
Is it a simple way to cancel all permaprune things going on (removing some file that handle them), or do I have to search through all .prune one by one?
Also could removing JC do the job too?

thanks

54 minutes ago, kurgut said:

hi @linuxgurugamer, the bad happened to me, I pruned few more parts on my current career, and of course when relaunching, bunch of vessels were missing parts.
Is it a simple way to cancel all permaprune things going on (removing some file that handle them), or do I have to search through all .prune one by one?
Also could removing JC do the job too?

thanks

PermaPrune actually changes file names, you will need to undo it one at a time in the Editor

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, azander said:

Just a note.... version file has the wrong download URL.

The URL in the file is:  http://spacedock.info/mod/944/

It needs to be: https://spacedock.info/mod/944/The Janitor's Closet

Looks like something changed on Spacedock, that used to work

Edit: it's the trailing slash

Edited by linuxgurugamer