[1.12.x] End your parts list nightmare - Introducing The Janitor's Closet

linuxgurugamer

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for awesome mod, it literally halves my loading time for RO. But I've run into an issue recently.

I'm using KSP 1.2.2 with your mod version 0.2.20 which I've installed from CKAN. I've run into a problem where if I perma prune one interstage fairing base from KW rocketry all the other interstage bases get pruned aswell (including ones from KW and procedural fairings), and also the 1kN thruster does not load when I prune some engines that come with RO.

Maybe I'm using wrong mod version or doing something wrong?

Hi there. Im by no meens a serious player. But i love this mod for its filtering purposes. Ive been pondering lately and googling and cant find much on what im trying to find. But lightbulb! I think it would be a great addition to this mod.

Simply put. Id like a meens to temporarily hide entire groups is parts based off the mod it originates or a couple options via part size(mk2/3,2.5m,etc)

Scenario A: id like to build a rocket and have no need for any of the parts from "insert"mod.

Scenario B: Id like to build a rocket, but dont know exactly how i want to build it just yet. All i know is i dont want to use ex: mk2 or mk3. Filter all parts related to said size with possible secondary filters if its say, can be radially attached?

Scenario C: is the opposite of Scenario B. Id like to build a rocket or plane. I know id like the main fuselage to be ex: mk2. So filter away all parts unrelated.

Unblock filter when satisfied.

???

Profit?

Cheers!

16 hours ago, Aelfhe1m said:

@Jesusthebird Your scenarios are already in the mod (the "no size" option in the mod filter is for radial attached parts). Watch the video in the OP starting from about the 10 minute point.

Ohh deer...where are those headlights. Ive always used the rclick function...has my whole life been a lie? Thanks lol

• 3 weeks later...

Hey @linuxgurugamer, found this when looking at someone else's output log: 

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at JanitorsCloset.ToolbarIconEvents+InstallToolIconEvents.OnGUIApplicationLauncherReady () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
at JanitorsCloset.ToolbarIconEvents+InstallToolIconEvents.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename: Line: -1)

if that helps you in any way, consider this an unofficial bug report. Member's log is from @Alpha 360, link to log is https://www.dropbox.com/s/y8uxn4ydc7yf3p6/output_log.txt?dl=0

• 2 weeks later...

@linuxgurugamer  I am getting the same thing as Alpha360 lately, and I can't figure out what is causing it.

[EXC 19:59:04.398] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
JanitorsCloset.ToolbarIconEvents+InstallToolIconEvents.OnGUIApplicationLauncherReady ()
JanitorsCloset.ToolbarIconEvents+InstallToolIconEvents.FixedUpdate ()

I don't get it in one of my other installs, so it's being caused by some conflict with another mod.

Edited by TheKurgan

19 hours ago, TheKurgan said:

Well, that's what I uninstalled, and I am not getting the NRE's from Janitor's Closet anymore. If I had time I'd retest it, I will try later. Maybe I had a messed up install of SC

Ok, I just want to confirm that you are referring to this mod: https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/152575-ksp-131-simpleconstruction-new-thread-stock-rocket-building-version-346-2017-10-15/

It's very odd, SimpleConstruction doesn't have any DLLs of it's own, it contains  @taniwha's Launchpad.dll  from his Extra-Planetary launchpads and needs IFS.

I'll have to look into this later

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@linuxgurugamerA few error messages for you to be aware of:

Spoiler

Janitor's Closet: Error adding ApplicationLauncher button: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at JanitorsCloset.ToolbarIconEvents+InstallToolIconEvents.OnGUIApplicationLauncherReady () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at JanitorsCloset.ToolbarIconEvents+InstallToolIconEvents.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Output_log.txt: https://www.dropbox.com/s/msiaxea5xxaqp1r/saves for JanitorCloset.1.output_log.txt?dl=0

Edited by Apaseall

4 hours ago, Apaseall said:

@linuxgurugamerA few error messages for you to be aware of:

Reveal hidden contents

Janitor's Closet: Error adding ApplicationLauncher button: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Output_log.txt: https://www.dropbox.com/s/msiaxea5xxaqp1r/saves for JanitorCloset.1.output_log.txt?dl=0

I am aware, don't have time for it, just ignore them for now

I love this mod!

I have a suggestion. I don't know if it is possible or easy to do, but would be very nice if the mod alerts if a part is being used in some vessel in the current save game, before it's pruned. Would save much time and allow to prune a lot of parts without doubt or checking manually first.

Thanks!

7 minutes ago, kerbalfreak said:

I love this mod!

I have a suggestion. I don't know if it is possible or easy to do, but would be very nice if the mod alerts if a part is being used in some vessel in the current save game, before it's pruned. Would save much time and allow to prune a lot of parts without doubt or checking manually first.

Thanks!

Way too  much work at this time, sorry.

• 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Umm, I don't understand.  The parts are already displayed in one place

Okay, like we have a tab for engines and one for fuel tanks and so on. What we don't have is a tab that displays all the parts indiscriminately.

With this mod such a tab would allow us to isolate all the parts from a given mod in one tab.