[1.12.x] End your parts list nightmare - Introducing The Janitor's Closet

linuxgurugamer

7 hours ago, leatherneck6017 said:

Sorry about the wrong log. I just ran a (failed) part recovery mission with this test build DLL and I'm happy to report that the issues of it not remembering or being able to hide buttons seems to be rectified. It does still throw an exception when you click on it in to access a hidden button in the flight or map screens. Certainly not a big deal. Here's the correct log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/j651bnipf1d3gqf/output_log.zip?dl=0

Really?  I only added a try/catch for where the exceptions were happening.

Strange, I'll have to look at the log

Look at it, I see lots of exceptions from ContractsPlus.

I don't see any of the messages I expected to see.  Play with it for a while, see if it happens again

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Really?  I only added a try/catch for where the exceptions were happening.

Strange, I'll have to look at the log

Look at it, I see lots of exceptions from ContractsPlus.

I don't see any of the messages I expected to see.  Play with it for a while, see if it happens again

I'll keep playing using the test build. The odd thing about it when I first posted was that it was working fine for a couple of weeks, and then all of a sudden started having problems. I believe the only non-part mod I've installed lately is KRASH.

About ContractsPlus, I noticed those as well. Seems to be tied to one specific Wild Blue contract.

Did you notice the ArgumentNullException happening when clicking on the JC icon to show hidden icons?

Spoiler

Janitor's Closet: JCtoolBar, button count: 3

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

Janitor's Closet: scene: FLIGHT   cnt: 0   brect, x,y: 0, 0   width, height: 38, 38

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

Janitor's Closet: scene: FLIGHT   cnt: 1   brect, x,y: 41, 0   width, height: 38, 38

Janitor's Closet: scene: FLIGHT   cnt: 2   brect, x,y: 82, 0   width, height: 38, 38

Janitor's Closet: Hover over button: 

ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: key
  at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.String,System.UInt64].ContainsKey (System.String key) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at InputLockManager.RemoveControlLock (System.String lockID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ClickThroughFix.ClickThruBlocker+CTBWin.OnDestroy () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ClickThroughFix.CBTMonitor.LateUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

3 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Known issue, well documented in the OP, I think

Can't seem to find it in there, not under known issues and couldn't find it anywhere else with a quick read through

Edited by Numerlor

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, recently started using Realism Overhaul/RP-0 and was wondering how to prune the parts labeled non-RP-0 and some tanks because there's procedural parts. I was never able to figure out pruning correctly in stock and I dont know if I need each individual part name or if it just filters based on whats in the list and what file names contain that. Any help?

22 minutes ago, The_Revanchist said:

Hey, recently started using Realism Overhaul/RP-0 and was wondering how to prune the parts labeled non-RP-0 and some tanks because there's procedural parts. I was never able to figure out pruning correctly in stock and I dont know if I need each individual part name or if it just filters based on whats in the list and what file names contain that. Any help?

First you have to block the parts you want to prune. The prune process uses your block list to know which parts/models to prune.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/14/2018 at 2:31 AM, justspace103 said:

Hey @linuxgurugamer sorry to bother you I know you have a lot of mods to update but I'm having trouble w janitors closet. I'm in version 1.4.3 and when I click the button nothing comes up. 

I have this issue too in the same KSP version and would love to help via sharing my log file, but where can I find it?