[1.12.x] End your parts list nightmare - Introducing The Janitor's Closet

linuxgurugamer

If anyone has the mod names icon stuck on their mouse pointer when using the surface features inventory in flight mode you can simply get rid of it by clicking the janitors closet icon. It was driving me insane until I found that quick fix. Maybe its been mentioned already. 

6 hours ago, Galland1998 said:

I am having the same problem with my 1.7.3 RSS/RP-1 Install.

4 hours ago, VoidSquid said:

Interesting... I wonder what might trigger this, any idea?

This finally rang a bell for me --- Upon starting a new game > going into the VAB, the hover text showing mod source per-part works fine. Going to another scene change (Research Center, etc.) and back to the VAB, the hover text no longer functions. I wonder if this is JC just dropping itself? Time for some deliberate tests! :D

Edited by Beetlecat

3 hours ago, VoidSquid said:

We might be getting to something here... Still, what exactly triggers this? How to reproduce?

On the cautious side: are your test results reproducible, @Beetlecat ?

A quick non-scientific yes to that question.

Loaded up the game, hopped into VAB, hovertext labels work fine. Toggling to SPH and back (from within the editor) -- everything is fine. Leaving the VAB, and going right back in from Space Center view, tags are gone over parts, but hovertext over toolbar buttons indicating some mod names *DOES* work still. Mod-click doesn't work on parts.

A quick peek at alt-f12 console shows a TON of this:

"input field is focused, disabling keys" maybe a red herring or click-through blocker-related?

This is from a fairly mod-loaded game that I'm using as a giant sandbox, but if it's helpful, here's my over-large ksp.log (8MB): https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Gxz7Un6OCCsCGd0QbSOkeitzrrNGTDzv (Win, ksp 1.8.1, current toolbar, CTB, etc.) from starting the game, seeing the "error" mode, then exiting.

Obviously, a better set of tests will involve fewer mods until we can see what's causing grief with Janitor's Closet. :D

---

[Update] -- and now, of course, after a bit more tinkering, it's not doing this behavior anymore. The "input field is focused, disabling keys" still repeats (until clicking *anywhere* on the open editor screen), but the hover mod-names still appear no matter what, now. I'll come back if this shows up again.

I Installed Feline Rovers, Hide Empty Tech Tree Nodes, and Commnet Constellation in the mean-time. So obviously this moving target setup isn't going to be troubleshootable.

Edited by Beetlecat

Those of you with the JC issue (source mod name not showing when hovering over part icons, alt-rightclick doesn't open the menu to block parts):

Next time you see the problem, try alt-f12 to clear input locks. I think that has been "accidentally" fixing my JC issues without having to restart KSP.

Like you, I'll occasionally get limited JC functionality, but it somehow fixes itself. I thought more about it after seeing your posts, and I realized that I occasionally have to clear input locks when my VAB save/load buttons get grayed-out and stop working. I thought the JC issue and save/load buttons were unrelated, but maybe input locks are responsible for both issues; when I fix my save/load buttons it might also be fixing JC.

It's just a theory at this point. I'll pay more attention next time I play.

I do not use RSS but I do use Kopernicus and other planet packs. I think that's unrelated. I've suspected that Craft Manager is the interfering mod, but it's so easy to clear input locks that I haven't done further testing. I'm on KSP 1.7.3 until Kopernicus updates.

Hi @linuxgurugamer!

Its the first time I used Janitors Closet 0.3.6.1 in a RSS / RO / RP1 installation and I like it very much. But unfortunately it produces some stuttering. Game stops for like 1-2 seconds... running again for 3 seconds, stops again for 1-2 seconds. This repeats for about 6-8 times after I changed the scene. After that first stuttering everything is working perfect. Scenes where it happens: VAB / Tracking Station / Launchpad. SPH I've somehow not testet.

I uninstalled JC, tested it again -> no stutter. Installed it -> stuttering as described.

In that time nothing specific is logged to KSP.log either can I see high CPU / GPU / RAM usage/changes nor HDD (SSD) activity. Its kinda weird. :-/

Here are my MM-file and KSP.log: https://www.file-upload.net/download-13877955/JanitorsCloset.zip.html

Many greetings

PatSch

Edited by ThePatsch78

Hi @linuxgurugamer

would it be possible to add an option to generate a moldule manager patch file when perma pruning instead of renaming files?

For each part a line like this could be appened to a prune.cfg file:

-PART[part.name]{} // mod.name / part.title

As a result it would be far easier to have an overview of the pruned parts and it would be much easier to unprune them. Also parts would stay pruned after mod/game updates.

Afaik these parts would not be loaded on game start anymore.

Thank you for keeping this mod alive (and all the others you take care of).

So the mod is installed but Alt-clicking items in editor seems to do nothing. Is this a common issue? Modlist is as follows and can provide more if it would be helpful:

Well I uninstalled and reinstalled JC and restarted KSP and now two things have changed, I can see the "mod" popup when I hover over a part (like which mod the part came from), which wasn't showing before. And now JC seems to be working properly. I'll come back here if it stops again! Sorry to bother

Action Groups Extended (AGExt 1:2.4.0.1)
AmpYear (AmpYearPowerManager 1:V1.5.6.0)
B9 Part Switch (B9PartSwitch v2.13.0)
BetterBurnTime (BetterBurnTime 1.10)
BetterCrewAssignment (BetterCrewAssignment 1.4)
BetterTimeWarpContinued (BetterTimeWarpCont 2.3.12.5)
CapCom - Mission Control On The Go (CapCom 2.11)
Celestial Body Science Editor (CelestialBodyScienceEditor 12.0)
ClickThrough Blocker (ClickThroughBlocker 0.1.9.5)
Community Parts Titles (CommunityPartsTitles 0.5.4)
Community Resource Pack (CommunityResourcePack 1.3.0.0)
Community Tech Tree (CommunityTechTree 1:3.4.0)
Contract Configurator (ContractConfigurator 1.28.0)
Contract Pack: Bases and Stations Reborn (ContractConfigurator-KerbinSpaceStation 2:3.7.2.1)
Contract Pack: Clever Sats (ContractConfigurator-CleverSats 1.4)
Contract Pack: Field Research (ContractConfigurator-FieldResearch 1.2.1)
Contract Pack: Kerbal Academy (ContractConfigurator-KerbalAcademy 1.1.10)
Contract Pack: RemoteTech (ContractConfigurator-RemoteTech 2.1.4)
Contract Pack: Tourism Plus (ContractConfigurator-Tourism 1.5.2)
Contract Parser (ContractParser 9.0)
Contract Reward Modifier (ContractRewardModifier 2.7)
Contracts Window + (ContractsWindowPlus 9.4)
Cryo Tanks (CryoTanks 1.4.0)
Cryo Tanks Core (CryoTanks-Core 1.4.0)
Cryogenic Engines (CryoEngines 1:1.1.0)
Custom Barn Kit (CustomBarnKit 1.1.20.0)
DefaultActionGroups (DefaultActionGroups 1.3)
Deployable Engines Plugin (DeployableEngines 1.2.0)
DMagic Orbital Science (DMagicOrbitalScience 1.4.3)
Docking Port Alignment Indicator (DockingPortAlignmentIndicator 6.8.5)
Dynamic Battery Storage (DynamicBatteryStorage 2:2.1.4.0)
Editor Extensions Redux (EditorExtensionsRedux 3.4.1)
Environmental Visual Enhancements (EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements 2:EVE-1.8.0-2)
Extended information about scientific experiments in VAB (ScienceSituationInfo 1:1.3.4)
HeapPadder (HeapPadder 0.0.2)
Heat Control (HeatControl 0.5.0)
Infernal Robotics - Next (InfernalRoboticsNext v3.0.0)
Kerbal Alarm Clock (KerbalAlarmClock v3.12.0.0)
Kerbal Atomics (KerbalAtomics 1:1.1.1)
Kerbal Atomics - Other Mod Support (KerbalAtomics-NTRModSupport 1.1.1)
Kerbal Engineer Redux (KerbalEngineerRedux 1.1.7.1)
Kerbal Joint Reinforcement - Next (KerbalJointReinforcementNext v4.1.15)
Kerbal Research & Development (KRnD 1.16.0.1)
KRASH - Kerbal Ramification Artifical Simulation Hub (simulation mod for KSP) (KRASH 0.5.32)
MagiCore (MagiCore 1.3.2.3)
Module Manager (ModuleManager 4.1.3)
Near Future Construction (NearFutureConstruction 1.2.1)
Near Future Electrical (NearFutureElectrical 1.1.0)
Near Future Electrical Core (NearFutureElectrical-Core 1.1.0)
Near Future Exploration (NearFutureExploration 1.0.3)
Near Future IVA Props (NearFutureProps 1:0.6.1)
Near Future Propulsion (NearFuturePropulsion 1.2.0)
Near Future Solar (NearFutureSolar 1.1.0)
Near Future Solar Core (NearFutureSolar-Core 1.1.0)
Near Future Spacecraft (NearFutureSpacecraft 1.3.0)
Node Helper (NodeHelper 1.5.1.2)
Part Angle Display Continued (PADContinued 0.4.0)
Part Commander Continued (PartCommanderCont 1.1.6.1)
PlanetShine (PlanetShine 0.2.6.3)
PlanetShine - Default configuration (PlanetShine-Config-Default 0.2.6.3)
Precise Maneuver (PreciseManeuver 2:2.4.4)
Procedural Parts (ProceduralParts v1.3.21)
Procedural Parts - MainSailor's Procedural Textures - Complete Texture Pack (MainSailorTextures-Complete 2.0.0.0.1)
Procedural Parts - MainSailor's Procedural Textures - Essential Textures and Flag (MainSailorTextures-Essentials 2.0.0.0.1)
Procedural Start (ProceduralStart 1.0.2)
Progress Parser (ProgressParser 11.0)
RasterPropMonitor (RasterPropMonitor 1:v0.31.2)
RasterPropMonitor Core (RasterPropMonitor-Core 1:v0.31.2)
RCS Build Aid Continued (RCSBuildAidCont 1:0.10.0)
RealChute Parachute Systems (RealChute v1.4.7.5)
RemoteTech (RemoteTech v1.9.5)
REPOSoftTech-Agencies (REPOSoftTech-Agencies V1.5.6.0)
ResearchBodies (ResearchBodies 2:V1.11.0.0)
ReStock (ReStock 1.0.3)
ReStock+ (ReStockPlus 1.0.3)
SCANsat (SCANsat v18.14)
scatterer (Scatterer 2:v0.0541)
Scatterer Default Config (Scatterer-config 2:v0.0541)
Scatterer Sunflare (Scatterer-sunflare 2:v0.0541)
ScienceAlert ReAlerted (ScienceAlert 1.9.8.6)
Show FPS (ShowFPS 1:0.2.1)
SpaceTux Library (SpaceTuxLibrary 0.0.2.3)
SpaceY Expanded (SpaceY-Expanded 1.4)
SpaceY Heavy Lifters (SpaceY-Lifters 1.17.2)
StageRecovery (StageRecovery 1.9.2.2)
Station Keeping (StationKeeping 1:0.2.2)
Strategia (Strategia 1.8.0)
TAC Fuel Balancer (TacFuelBalancer v2.21.5.1)
The Janitor's Closet (JanitorsCloset 0.3.7)
Toolbar (Toolbar 1:1.8.0.5)
Toolbar Controller (ToolbarController 1:0.1.9.4)
Trajectories (Trajectories v2.3.0)
Transfer Window Planner (TransferWindowPlanner v1.7.2.0)
UnKerballed Start (UnKerballedStart 1.1)

Edited by Crixomix

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Getting NRE spam when the mouse cursor is over the Janitors closet ui

TPvZAi8.png

[EXC 11:02:17.309] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	KSP.UI.Screens.EditorActionGroups.ConstructGroupActionList (System.Int32 overrideGroup) (at <55ba45dc3a43403382024deac8dcd0be>:0)
	KSP.UI.Screens.EditorActionGroups.ConstructActionList () (at <55ba45dc3a43403382024deac8dcd0be>:0)
	KSP.UI.Screens.EditorActionGroups.ConstructLists (System.Boolean full) (at <55ba45dc3a43403382024deac8dcd0be>:0)
	KSP.UI.Screens.EditorActionGroups.ClearSelection (System.Boolean reconstruct) (at <55ba45dc3a43403382024deac8dcd0be>:0)
	ClickThroughFix.CBTMonitor.Update () (at <3cdfee9200a8465eac2fd0f73668264f>:0)
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)
[EXC 11:02:17.357] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	KSP.UI.Screens.EditorActionGroups.ConstructGroupActionList (System.Int32 overrideGroup) (at <55ba45dc3a43403382024deac8dcd0be>:0)
	KSP.UI.Screens.EditorActionGroups.ConstructActionList () (at <55ba45dc3a43403382024deac8dcd0be>:0)
	KSP.UI.Screens.EditorActionGroups.ConstructLists (System.Boolean full) (at <55ba45dc3a43403382024deac8dcd0be>:0)
	KSP.UI.Screens.EditorActionGroups.ClearSelection (System.Boolean reconstruct) (at <55ba45dc3a43403382024deac8dcd0be>:0)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
[EXC 11:02:17.404] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

47 minutes ago, The Space Man said:

Getting NRE spam when the mouse cursor is over the Janitors closet ui

[EXC 11:02:17.309] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 11:02:17.357] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 11:02:17.404] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

You need to specify what version of KSP and also tag the author.

Edited by leatherneck6017

@linuxgurugamer I use JC for my dev games - and it can get a little confused as to what is installed (mods). Is there a simple/easy way to 'reset' just the installed mods list for janitor's closet?

I would also love a button, yes, I know, a button, about yeah high and about so-so wide that would take the 'hidden' and 'pruned' and turn the list into a MM patch...

@linuxgurugamer

Filtering by Module Size is not working for me.  It is showing the occasional wrong size part or excluding the occasional correct size part.  For example, Engines, then filtering on Size 0 missing the "Mite" and "Shrimp" solid rocket boosters.  These appear instead by choosing Size 1, but then the much larger "Pollux" and "Kickback" appear.  This problem is not just for Engines, but appearing with other parts as well.

Using version 0.37 on KSP 1.9.1.  Reproduced it on fresh install and heavily modded install, and also fresh install of KSP 1.8.1.  

From scanning this topic, it seems that others are able to filter correctly by size and that the problem might just be me.  Any suggestions?

Created an animated gif that illustrates my problem...

animated gif

Player.log

KSP.log

Edited by 11Bravo49417

5 hours ago, 11Bravo49417 said:

Filtering by Module Size is not working for me.  It is showing the occasional wrong size part or excluding the occasional correct size part.  For example, Engines, then filtering on Size 0 missing the "Mite" and "Shrimp" solid rocket boosters.  These appear instead by choosing Size 1, but then the much larger "Pollux" and "Kickback" appear.  This problem is not just for Engines, but appearing with other parts as well.

Garbage in, garbage out.  Check the bulkhead profiles for the parts in question

12 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

This. There are quite a few stock parts with incorrect bulkhead profiles. There are even more mod parts that have errors or are missing them entirely.

58 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Thank you for the quick response.  

I found the following information...

The "Mite" and "Shrimp" are described in the ksp wiki as size Tiny and have bulkheadProfiles = size0, srf in their cfg's, but are showing up in Size 1 in the mod.  

The "Kickback" is described in the wiki as size Small and has bulkheadProfiles = size1, srf in the cfg and does show up in Size 1 in the mod.

The "Pollux" is described as Medium  in the wiki and should be a 1.875 meter part.  Its cfg says bulkheadProfiles = size1p5, srf and it is showing up in Size 1 in the mod.  

Could someone confirm whether they are getting the same behavior?  I don't think the "Mite", "Shrimp", and "Pollux" are sorting correctly based on their cfg bulkheadProfiles?  These are from a fresh install, without MM or other mods.  

Edited by 11Bravo49417

33 minutes ago, 11Bravo49417 said:

Could someone confirm whether they are getting the same behavior? 

I can confirm. This is indeed strange. Looking at the code, it seems like some method other than bulkhead size is used to filter. Perhaps @linuxgurugamer can shed some light.

1 hour ago, 11Bravo49417 said:

Thank you for the quick response.  

I found the following information...

The "Mite" and "Shrimp" are described in the ksp wiki as size Tiny and have bulkheadProfiles = size0, srf in their cfg's, but are showing up in Size 1 in the mod.  

The "Kickback" is described in the wiki as size Small and has bulkheadProfiles = size1, srf in the cfg and does show up in Size 1 in the mod.

The "Pollux" is described as Medium  in the wiki and should be a 1.875 meter part.  Its cfg says bulkheadProfiles = size1p5, srf and it is showing up in Size 1 in the mod.  

The internal part names would be helpful