[1.12.x] End your parts list nightmare - Introducing The Janitor's Closet

linuxgurugamer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After installing, it just so happened that I decided to try out the Resource filter. It worked fine initially. Then I exited to the Space Center, went to Tracking Station, then back to SPH to work on my ship. Brought up Janitor's Closet and tried to go back to the Resource filter, and got a blank frame. After that, I can't interact with JC. Exiting back to Space Center is a partial fix. I can interact again with JC, going back to SPH or VAB, but only using the ModName and ModuleSize filters. Using the Resource and Modules filters just produces a blank frame. The issue goes away after reinstalling JC (delete then install).

Another workaround, if you have settings in the PluginData folder that you want to preserve, is to go through all the CFGs in the PluginData folder and replace all CR/LFs (carriage return/linefeed) instances with just LF (linefeed). Notepad++ made this easy. But you still have to restart KSP. A bit of a big deal if you're using 100+ mods like I do.

For me though, the issue is not a biggie because the mod works fine with 99% of what I use JC for, using the ModName and ModuleSize filters. And, there are workarounds - albeit both requiring a restart of KSP. It was only yesterday that I used JC's Resource filter and I've been using JC for months.

• 2 weeks later...

Loving this mod. Takes all the downside away from having a long list of parts mods. Just wondering, is there a way to set it so it hides unpurchased parts by default? I'm playing with KCT and right now I have to click into the UI every time I enter the VAB.

I'm also getting a NRE when I return to main menu from an existing save. KRASH also seems to be spitting out an identical error. No idea if it's mod related, I've just been ignoring it...

Here's the log if you're interested.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/25/2019 at 8:35 AM, VoidSquid said:

Begone, parts clutter, yes!

Thanks a lot for this time and hassle saving mod, @linuxgurugamer :)

Brief question: the current view which mods are blocked is saved, but every time I reenter the VAB I have to manually select the set, the last used isn't saved as default. Would that be possible?

I am aware of the issue, wasnt able ti figure it out last time I worked on this.  May get back to it in a few months

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, zer0Kerbal said:

Query: I have a mod (like Recycled Parts) that has quite a few sub-mods (KGEx). Is there a way to have Janitor's Closet be cognizant of these sub-mods and include the option to filter based upon the sub-mod and primary mod?

No.  Recycled Parts is really an oddity in its layout.   It was an attempt on my part to reduce the number of mods being added, but didnt work out the way I had hoped.

5 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

No.  Recycled Parts is really an oddity in its layout.   It was an attempt on my part to reduce the number of mods being added, but didnt work out the way I had hoped.

could a mod use MM and patch the FiltersConfig.cfg perhaps?

Spoiler

@JANITORSCLOSET:AFTER[JanitorsCloset]
{
    @READABLENAMES
    {
        @KGEx = KerGuise Experimental engineering
        %Insert = Here
    }
    @DAFFODILS
    {
        KGEx/MoreHitchhikers = More Hitchhikers
        KGEx/DaMichel/SphericalTanks = DaMichel's Spherical Tanks
    }
}

first part probably just changes the way things look (KGEx --> KerGuise Experimental engineering)

second is just an ask - to be able to list a directory under GameData and have that split off in JC.

thanks for the reply!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I love the mod, though I'm having an apparent issue wherein, on the KSC scene, hovering over the toolbar icon brings up no menu, and clicking on it causes an error to appear in the console of "Exception: ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added. Key: fb4b51ad". I'm assuming this is an incompatibility somewhere but I'm unsure with what. I can share my current mod list if it would assist.

Edited by Wrecker013
Replace "with that" with "with what".

Probably of limit importance, but this is  strange: just after starting the game (1.8.1), JC works normal. After some time though, <mod>+right click just brings up the normal right click part-menu, as if JC would not be installed at all. JC menu button works normal (e.g. I can check which parts are blocked where). 1st time,, I thought maybe I missed something, but it happened a couple of times again now.
Haven't investigated any further, maybe it's due to reverts, no idea. What I do know, this never happened with KSP versions before 1.8.x
Has this been encountered/reported by anyone else?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/16/2019 at 11:43 AM, VoidSquid said:

Probably of limit importance, but this is  strange: just after starting the game (1.8.1), JC works normal. After some time though, <mod>+right click just brings up the normal right click part-menu, as if JC would not be installed at all. JC menu button works normal (e.g. I can check which parts are blocked where). 1st time,, I thought maybe I missed something, but it happened a couple of times again now.
Haven't investigated any further, maybe it's due to reverts, no idea. What I do know, this never happened with KSP versions before 1.8.x
Has this been encountered/reported by anyone else?

I am having the same problem with my 1.7.3 RSS/RP-1 Install.