[1.12.x] End your parts list nightmare - Introducing The Janitor's Closet

linuxgurugamer

I get this on load, probably harmless.

[EXC 05:33:50.919] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	JanitorsCloset.Log.Info (System.String msg)
	JanitorsCloset.JanitorsClosetLoader.Awake ()
	UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
	AddonLoader:StartAddon(LoadedAssembly, Type, KSPAddon, Startup)
	AddonLoader:StartAddons(Startup)
	<LoadObjects>c__Iterator4A:MoveNext()
	UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
	<CreateDatabase>c__Iterator49:MoveNext()
	GameDatabase:StartLoad()
	<LoadSystems>c__Iterator5D:MoveNext()
	LoadingScreen:Start()

New release, 0.2.14

• Fixed problem with quickload and scene changes not properly resetting toolbar
  • Added Identify menu item to be able to specify an identity for a button
  • Added tooltips for buttons in the JCToolbar, for those buttons which have been identified

There are lots of toolbar buttons, I'd appreciate it if you would all take a few minutes and use the new Identity menu to label each button, and then send me the contents of your config file:  PluginData/JanitorsCloset.cfg so that I can add your button identities to the default file.

10 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 0.2.14

• Fixed problem with quickload and scene changes not properly resetting toolbar
  • Added Identify menu item to be able to specify an identity for a button
  • Added tooltips for buttons in the JCToolbar, for those buttons which have been identified

There are lots of toolbar buttons, I'd appreciate it if you would all take a few minutes and use the new Identity menu to label each button, and then send me the contents of your config file:  PluginData/JanitorsCloset.cfg so that I can add your button identities to the default file.

Will do.

Do you still want us to run the test from the previous page? Didn't get to it yesterday.

I'm also going to try clearing my blacklist. Like I said I don't remember putting anything in there, but your description fits what's happening almost perfectly with my "immune" buttons so maybe I did.

New release:

• Fixed nullrefs (harmless) when no buttonidentifiers are found for a hovered-over button
4 minutes ago, smokytehbear said:

Will do.

Do you still want us to run the test from the previous page? Didn't get to it yesterday.

I'm also going to try clearing my blacklist. Like I said I don't remember putting anything in there, but your description fits what's happening almost perfectly with my "immune" buttons so maybe I did.

No need, I'm pretty sure I found it.

But, never hurts to test.  You guys are doing things I just don't have time for, so it's good that you all test and give me feedback.

Let me know how you like the new Identify option, be sure to turn it on in the settings (Enable Button Identification, Enable Button Tooltip)

So I had some issues but I don't think related to this. Loading the game now to categorize the buttons then I'll promptly send you the file in a message. One quick thing to report though:

I notice this actually with all sorts of mods with text box entries actually, but is there any way to restrict control to the entry box when you've clicked it? To explain further what I mean, right now if I'm in editor and want to rename my vessel to something long (e.g. Cool Massive Interplanetary Exploration Rocketship) it opens and sometimes then closes a half dozen windows and changes my symmetry count/changes mode/moves the camera/etc. This mod was doing the same while I was in-flight testing the identifiers. Don't even remember what I typed, but deactivated SAS, RCS, turned the ship a little, and switched off my persistent camera focus mod ("o") all in the span of less than a seconds while typing the name in the box.

Super long-winded way of saying, can we have control temporarily suspended while we're entering the text names?

3 hours ago, smokytehbear said:

So I had some issues but I don't think related to this. Loading the game now to categorize the buttons then I'll promptly send you the file in a message. One quick thing to report though:

I notice this actually with all sorts of mods with text box entries actually, but is there any way to restrict control to the entry box when you've clicked it? To explain further what I mean, right now if I'm in editor and want to rename my vessel to something long (e.g. Cool Massive Interplanetary Exploration Rocketship) it opens and sometimes then closes a half dozen windows and changes my symmetry count/changes mode/moves the camera/etc. This mod was doing the same while I was in-flight testing the identifiers. Don't even remember what I typed, but deactivated SAS, RCS, turned the ship a little, and switched off my persistent camera focus mod ("o") all in the span of less than a seconds while typing the name in the box.

Super long-winded way of saying, can we have control temporarily suspended while we're entering the text names?

It's a KSP bug, there is a workaround, but not easy.  I'll see what I can do.

But for now:

New release:  0.2.14.2

• Really fixed those nullrefs, were causing icons to disappear

1 hour ago, eLDude said:

looks like you really got it, buttons stay where they supposed to. big thanks

Great news!

Now, how are the tooltips working?

I'm still waiting for people's identifiers for the buttons they are using, right now all I have are the ones that I have in my main game

i found some...

Spoiler

74b2422d scansat
55b890a9 automated sciece sampler //not working coz kerbokatz :)
c12d3072 far
bbbc2ad1 usi life support
a37b50a3 remote tech
d63bab68 deep freeze
3679b99c texture replacer //not really necessary, space center only
761c75c8 sep
48fa28f9 deadly reentry
c1a0712d time control
678937b6 amp year
41ef015a alarm clock
012365d2 stage recovery
6a18e895 kvv
8f1d52b7 ir editor
aba5b128 ir sequencer
200c0d2b hangar grid
35a203be cls
f486866f transferwindow planner
67f02e0a servo controller
c387ad4d eex
620ba829 kerbnetaccess
8a0ec4c6 atmosphere autopilot
24c004f3 waypoint manager
5d7c989b plane mode
da0510cc ship manifest
89a70170 sm setting
835f44fe sm rooster
36dadc51 precise maneuver
bc8e3042 ker
0086a042 esld beacon
73e58361 planet shine
9caa85cf mechjeb
1212fe8a distant object
475ae78e rt vessel list

18 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Does anybody else have identify information they can send me on the buttons?  I'd like to have as many as possible before the next release.

Ah, I didn't got yet, that you wanted us to send in the data of the mods/icon we use.

Tried that feature now. However, when I enter some text and press the button after that, I get a NRE:

Spoiler

170214T204609.924 [EXCEPTION] [JanitorsCloset.JanitorsCloset+<>c__DisplayClass72_0.<Update>b__2] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
   at JanitorsCloset.JanitorsCloset+<>c__DisplayClass72_0.<Update>b__2 (System.String n)
   at DialogGUITextInput.<Create>m__6F4 (System.String n)
   at UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall`1[System.String].Invoke (System.Object[] args)
   at UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCallList.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters)
   at UnityEngine.Events.UnityEventBase.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters)
   at UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent`1[T0].Invoke (.T0 arg0)
   at TMPro.TMP_InputField.SendOnSubmit ()
   at TMPro.TMP_InputField.DeactivateInputField ()
   at TMPro.TMP_InputField.OnUpdateSelected (UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData)
   at UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (IUpdateSelectedHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData)
   at UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[IUpdateSelectedHandler] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventFunction`1 functor)
   at UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

11 minutes ago, Jebs_SY said:

Ah, I didn't got yet, that you wanted us to send in the data of the mods/icon we use.

Tried that feature now. However, when I enter some text and press the button after that, I get a NRE:

Hide contents

170214T204609.924 [EXCEPTION] [JanitorsCloset.JanitorsCloset+<>c__DisplayClass72_0.<Update>b__2] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
   at JanitorsCloset.JanitorsCloset+<>c__DisplayClass72_0.<Update>b__2 (System.String n)
   at DialogGUITextInput.<Create>m__6F4 (System.String n)
   at UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall`1[System.String].Invoke (System.Object[] args)
   at UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCallList.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters)
   at UnityEngine.Events.UnityEventBase.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters)
   at UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent`1[T0].Invoke (.T0 arg0)
   at TMPro.TMP_InputField.SendOnSubmit ()
   at TMPro.TMP_InputField.DeactivateInputField ()
   at TMPro.TMP_InputField.OnUpdateSelected (UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData)
   at UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (IUpdateSelectedHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData)
   at UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[IUpdateSelectedHandler] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventFunction`1 functor)
   at UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

I assume this is the same save that you sent me the CKAN info on?  What scene are you in, and which button did you do it on?

2 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Which buttons were you trying it on, or did it not matter?

From left to the right... Quick Start, Real Chute, on main screen,  KVV in VAB... then I gave up. :)
Can do another test, if needed.

Edited by Jebs_SY

I've been trying to use JC, but when I install it and alt-right click on my stock toolbar nothing comes up, the interface acts like I did nothing.

I've tried deleting and reinstalling.  I just realized I only tried to reinstall from CKAN, should I try to download from github and try that?

I also tried to remove any references to Janitor's Closet from other places, but I'm not seeing anything in my save files or outside of the mod's folder?  Is there any other place the config is stored?

EDIT: I can block parts in the VAB/SPH.

Edited by Liquid5n0w