[1.12.x] End your parts list nightmare - Introducing The Janitor's Closet

linuxgurugamer

I am also getting that "Unable to Hide Buttons" issue but on on the Launch or in Flight Phase I can hide buttons while I am in the SPH/VAB. I am not mad nor am I upset. I am going to try to install using GitHub instead of CKAN because it came packaged with the EEX CKAN install.

I only skimmed over most of the posts with similar issues form the search topic. I will reply with any progress, it is not a real issue I just figured I could clear some of the more useless buttons when I am flying that I am not using. 

I am running 1.3 in 64bit with a very expansive mod list...

just leaving this here in case I missed a solution or if someone has one before I find one, either way it is no big deal, thank for the great Quality of Life mod Linux ^_^

Apparently this is a common issue, but I also am having trouble with inability to hide buttons now. Seems to be caused by the following: 

[EXC 19:24:33.018] ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.
	System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.String,JanitorsCloset.ButtonSceneBlock].Add (System.String key, JanitorsCloset.ButtonSceneBlock value)
	JanitorsCloset.JanitorsCloset.addToHiddenBlockList (KSP.UI.Screens.ApplicationLauncherButton selectedButton, Blocktype btype)
	JanitorsCloset.ToolbarIconEvents+InstallToolIconEvents.CheckToolbarButtons ()
	JanitorsCloset.ToolbarIconEvents+InstallToolIconEvents.FixedUpdate ()

Unfortunately, this causes the entirety of Janitor's closet to become unresponsive, except for the alt+click popup. In addition, it sometimes becomes functional again and sometimes doesn't. Seems to be a toss-up.

KSP.log: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1o-ANenOxXoSzliSndTT3FpMXM

Modlist: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1o-ANenOxXoUHd3V21PTXdzODg

(smcCustom is my own minor tweaks; things like nerfing reaction wheels and RemoteTech range tweaks)

(FASA is a partial install, with only the launch clamp parts)

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Chaumas said:

Hi @linuxgurugamer, I love this mod - so useful! Thank you.

Quick question, is there anyway to not have the Janitor's Closet toolbar button not appear outside of the VAB/SPH? Right not it appears in my toolbar buttons at the launchpad, in space, etc. Thanks!

Not having it available in all views would defeat much of its purpose, as it's also designed to hide toolbar buttons. Though, I agree that the option of moving it to Blizzy's Toolbar could be useful. 

The blizzy toolbar and the stock toolbar work differently. It's not worth it for me to do that sort of integration.

I suppose I could have options to hide the janitor toolbar button in specific scenes but again that would defeat its usefulness. So for now, I will not be doing that. Sorry

@coolguy8445 @linuxgurugamer Thanks for clarifying this. So silly of me, I totally missed that Janitor's Closet had that capability (face palm) -- I watched the video and didn't fully read the op and falsely assumed the in-game text was the same as for the VAB/SPH.

Just one question: "Linux and OSX users need to use the MOD button for their system" -- what is the MOD button for OSX :blush:? Thank you...

1 hour ago, Chaumas said:

@coolguy8445 @linuxgurugamer Thanks for clarifying this. So silly of me, I totally missed that Janitor's Closet had that capability (face palm) -- I watched the video and didn't fully read the op and falsely assumed the in-game text was the same as for the VAB/SPH.

Just one question: "Linux and OSX users need to use the MOD button for their system" -- what is the MOD button for OSX :blush:? Thank you...

The "option" key

I really like the feature where Janitor's Closet helps hide buttons in the toolbar. It works well in the tracking center and at KSP. However, I am having issues in flight (see screenshot below). What am I doing wrong?

(I also wish I knew how to do the "hide" feature in forum posts so that my screenshot wouldn't hog so much space :))

On 8/13/2017 at 3:37 AM, Chaumas said:

I really like the feature where Janitor's Closet helps hide buttons in the toolbar. It works well in the tracking center and at KSP. However, I am having issues in flight (see screenshot below). What am I doing wrong?

(I also wish I knew how to do the "hide" feature in forum posts so that my screenshot wouldn't hog so much space :))

You can put the screenshot inside a "spoiler" tag (the eyeball on the toolbar), if I had to guess. 

That said, your issue looks like an offshoot of mine - basically, JC not doing its job because of errors behind the scenes, which cause it to not hide things. The fact that yours shows icons both within and outside of JC's button is interesting, though. Anyway, the cause will be hard to know without at least log file, and a screenshot of your "GameData" folder's contents is also useful. Last time I uploaded, I just put them on GDrive and grabbed the sharable link.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if it's possible to change this, but I discovered that Janitor's Closet can't manipulate icons on the App Launcher that are disabled (shown black with white lines).  Two I had were from Probe Control Room and DMagic's Modlet KerbNet Controller.  When having a crewed pod, they're shown as disabled and I can't use Janitor's Closet on them.  At least with these two the workaround was to use an uncrewed pod, which enabled the icons, allowing me to hide the Probe Control Room icon.

This isn't anything to do with a fault in Janitor's Closet.  I'm just posting here as Janitor's Closet has helped me a bit with this situation.

And I'm hoping someone, @linuxgurugamer or someone else, will have an answer.

What mod is the icon that's sticking up from?

20170827a-unknown-icon+JanitorsCloset.sc

It's in the Space Centre scene and I've stashed it into Janitor's Closet, just to make it more prominent and to try to get more info on it.

Here's the stanza for it from JanitorsCloset.cfg, as it's the only icon changed in the Space Centre scene:

Hidden
	{
		19a7b21d
		{
			buttonHash = 19a7b21d
			scene = SPACECENTER
			blocktype = hideHere
			active = False
		}
	}

That buttonHash isn't anywhere else in JanitorsCloset.cfg.

Logs, that screenshot clip, and JanitorsCloset.cfg in this 7zip.

http://www.cuug.ab.ca/jacke/KSP/v1.3.0/_logs/20170827a-unknown-icon+JanitorsCloset.7z

Edited by Jacke

On 8/25/2017 at 11:40 PM, Jacke said:

I don't know if it's possible to change this, but I discovered that Janitor's Closet can't manipulate icons on the App Launcher that are disabled (shown black with white lines).  Two I had were from Probe Control Room and DMagic's Modlet KerbNet Controller.  When having a crewed pod, they're shown as disabled and I can't use Janitor's Closet on them.  At least with these two the workaround was to use an uncrewed pod, which enabled the icons, allowing me to hide the Probe Control Room icon.

Can you please post this as an issue on github?

On 7/25/2017 at 6:14 PM, CaribeanSoul said:

Is there  a way to add in 1.875m size categories through the config files?  I've got several mods using that size now and it would be really cool to have the size there when searching for an adapter or something.

Please add this as an issue on github.

that being said, since 1.875 is not a stock size, there may be a problem selecting it.

On 8/10/2017 at 7:06 PM, coolguy8445 said:

Not having it available in all views would defeat much of its purpose, as it's also designed to hide toolbar buttons. Though, I agree that the option of moving it to Blizzy's Toolbar could be useful. 

Not going to Blizzy.  Icon sizes are different, and the internal coding is very specific to the stock toolbar

On 8/11/2017 at 9:35 AM, KerbMav said:

Is there a way to manually set the order in which the toolbar shows all the mod's buttons? (Which order are they anyway, alphabetically by dll?)

Whatever order it finds them in.  Its actually harder than it sounds, since internally there isn't a textual name assigned to the buttons,

please add this to the issues on github

On 7/27/2017 at 7:37 PM, coolguy8445 said:

Apparently this is a common issue, but I also am having trouble with inability to hide buttons now. Seems to be caused by the following: 

[EXC 19:24:33.018] ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.
	System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.String,JanitorsCloset.ButtonSceneBlock].Add (System.String key, JanitorsCloset.ButtonSceneBlock value)
	JanitorsCloset.JanitorsCloset.addToHiddenBlockList (KSP.UI.Screens.ApplicationLauncherButton selectedButton, Blocktype btype)

Unfortunately, this causes the entirety of Janitor's closet to become unresponsive, except for the alt+click popup. In addition, it sometimes becomes functional again and sometimes doesn't. Seems to be a toss-up.

(smcCustom is my own minor tweaks; things like nerfing reaction wheels and RemoteTech range tweaks)

I hope to be able to get back to this soon.  Been busy with another pair of mods

(I've also posted this as an issue on GitHub.)

I've placed the icon for FMRS in a folder. However, rarely (1 in 5 or less) going to launch I see FMRS is still on the App Launcher as well as in the folder. Logs and JanitorsCloset.cfg in 7zip linked including when it happened once.

http://www.cuug.ab.ca/jacke/KSP/v1.3.0/_logs/20170828a-JanitorsCloset-FMRS-dup-icons.7z

20170828a-JanitorsCloset-FMRS-dup-icons.

(Also added to the above GitHub issue.)

I've encountered a worse example.  I'd set up a number of hidden icons and others put in a folder on launch from the SPH.  On going to launch from the VAB, I found all the icons I'd hidden also on the App Launcher.  Didn't have it displayed but I believe all the icons in the folder were duplicated on the App Launcher too.

http://www.cuug.ab.ca/jacke/KSP/v1.3.0/_logs/20170828c-JanitorsCloset-many-dup-icons.7z

20170828c-JanitorsCloset-many-dup-icons.

Edited by Jacke

• 4 weeks later...

Through Alt-click I can hide some parts everywhere in VAB/SPH or VAB+SPH.

@linuxgurugamer, Is it possible to include possibility to hide some parts only at specific category in VAB/SPH (if parts appear at multiple categories) ?

Also, If it's "not going to Blizzy" then may be checkbox at difficulty settings for "hide Janitor's Closet  outside of the VAB/SPH"  ? 

Edited by flart

• 3 weeks later...

Still using the 1.30 release, I see quite a few of these in the logs, trying to get my game running without exceptions everywhere. Do you know what is going on here?

These are in the sections where we are loading EVE clouds and GPP textures for them (I assume).

Spoiler

[EVE CloudsManager]: CloudsPQS: (EVE Clouds: Gael-PolarSnow) OnSphereActive

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at JanitorsCloset.ToolbarIconEvents+InstallToolIconEvents.OnGUIApplicationLauncherReady () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at JanitorsCloset.ToolbarIconEvents+InstallToolIconEvents.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

at JanitorsCloset.ToolbarIconEvents+InstallToolIconEvents.OnGUIApplicationLauncherReady () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at JanitorsCloset.ToolbarIconEvents+InstallToolIconEvents.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

[EVE CloudsManager]: CloudsPQS: (EVE Clouds: Gael-PolarSnow) OnSphereInactive

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

[OD] --> ScaledSpaceDemand.LoadTextures loading GPP/GPP_Textures/Iota00 and GPP/GPP_Textures/Iota01

Let me know if there's something else you need.

On 8/27/2017 at 11:27 AM, linuxgurugamer said:
On 7/27/2017 at 7:37 PM, coolguy8445 said:

I hope to be able to get back to this soon.  Been busy with another pair of mods

Should I add an issue on the Git for this to help with tracking it? Also FYI this is on 1.2.2. Probably should have mentioned that before :D