[1.12.x] End your parts list nightmare - Introducing The Janitor's Closet

linuxgurugamer

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

You can ignore that message, it's wrong.

Edit:  If you are getting that from CKAN, you need to enable 1.8 compatibility.

A picture would be helpful to know where the message is coming from.

thanks a lot for the answer!
and not, i install all my mods manually... i know, is a crazy thing

22 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

And still no picture...... or logs

sorry, i forgot to send the picture...
anyway, reinstalling the mod and the dependencies, now all works fine!
maybe i've made some errors installing the dependencies, or i've forgot to installing one of them...
thanks again for the support and sorry for my inexperience

Hey @linuxgurugamer,

send you greetings. o/ :)  There's a small bug with stock EVA construction mode an JC.
If you have "mod labels" of JC (f.e. "Squad") enabled and one places an item, the label stays there.

Short video for demonstration:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKjRgUfSGfk

I think that's because it's now the space scene.
One can temp fix it by hovering over an item in the list and move away from the list (see in end of the video).
Hopefully just a small fix.

Kind regards,
Jebs_SY

This is such an awesome little mod!  Would this be something that could be used in the Research Center on the Tech Tree screen to prune or find parts before you unlock them?

On 9/11/2016 at 8:33 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

In the editor (VAB or SPH), hold the Alt key while clicking on a part. A two line menu will be shown, giving you the option to block the part in the scene you are currently in (VAB or SPH), or block it entirely:

this doesn't work for me (i use it with RO if that matters)

10 hours ago, minerbat said:

this doesn't work for me (i use it with RO if that matters)

A total lack of information, means that I can't help you

On 5/2/2021 at 7:26 PM, Probus said:

This is such an awesome little mod!  Would this be something that could be used in the Research Center on the Tech Tree screen to prune or find parts before you unlock them?

Unfortunately, no

Greetings Kerblings. i wanted to start by saying THANK YOU to Jool and back for the work you do maintaining all these wonderful MODS for us to enjoy.

1.11.2 update has been  eagerly awaited by me for janitors closest ,ant helper ,and waypoint manager.

after updating through CKAN and launching ongoing save( modded but functioning) , i have noticed the Dv burn indicator in flight reads 1 mill or 100k when a waypoint burn is setup regardless of Dv selected for burn.

i admit i am antiquated in computer savviness but can follow instruction if you need any info about issue.

i have also heard tell of a "buy me coffee" or way to contribute to the efforts of certain individuals as i appreciate the effort you folks put into these lines of code that i enjoy.

thank you,

Asunder83   

5 hours ago, Asunder83 said:

Greetings Kerblings. i wanted to start by saying THANK YOU to Jool and back for the work you do maintaining all these wonderful MODS for us to enjoy.

1.11.2 update has been  eagerly awaited by me for janitors closest ,ant helper ,and waypoint manager.

after updating through CKAN and launching ongoing save( modded but functioning) , i have noticed the Dv burn indicator in flight reads 1 mill or 100k when a waypoint burn is setup regardless of Dv selected for burn.

i admit i am antiquated in computer savviness but can follow instruction if you need any info about issue.

i have also heard tell of a "buy me coffee" or way to contribute to the efforts of certain individuals as i appreciate the effort you folks put into these lines of code that i enjoy.

thank you,

Asunder83   

LGG usually just needs a problem description and your log file. 
I agree wholeheartedly and think our modders should be thanked for all the work they do and  encouraged to continue. Here is one way you can:

https://paypal.me/linuxgurugamer

On 5/13/2021 at 10:55 AM, Asunder83 said:

This mod has nothing to do with any Dv burn indicator, sorry.  Post a log file, and if I have some time, I'll take a look to see if I can tell you which other mod might be doing the problem.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm receiving this error when, in KSC, I press ESC and open the settings page and then apply (without changing any settings):

Janitor's Closet: Error adding ApplicationLauncher button: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Or:

Janitor's Closet: Error adding ApplicationLauncher button: An item with the same key has already been added. Key: 

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Dominiquini said:

This mod is causing one exception when I'm putting some items in the inventory slot of a Kerbal, with the 'ALT' key pressed, to fill the slot:

KSP.log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qlx1avg2tfdubcs/KSP(JC).log?dl=0

Player.log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rokkyg5ss5u3xte/Player(JC).log?dl=0

Thanks.

Is it causing you a problem?  This mod unfortunately does generate exceptions.  

I found a bug:

I was trying for the first time use the deployable parts, on Kerbin, and when I moving items from one place to another (cargo mode on the flight scene), or deploying some item, the tooltip gets stuck on the cursor. Even on other scenes, like KSC or Tracking Station.

I try to quit my game and start again and the tooltip stays there. I try to open another saved game and the same tooltip  continue showing...

I needed to close the game and opened it again!

MF1ulcr.png

KSP.log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/n81l2n33dl2msn6/KSP(JC2).log?dl=0

Player.log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ys4yuzupbwcyczc/Player(JC2).log?dl=0

Thanks.

38 minutes ago, Dominiquini said:

I found a bug:

I was trying for the first time use the deployable parts, on Kerbin, and when I moving items from one place to another (cargo mode on the flight scene), or deploying some item, the tooltip gets stuck on the cursor. Even on other scenes, like KSC or Tracking Station.

I try to quit my game and start again and the tooltip stays there. I try to open another saved game and the same tooltip  continue showing...

I needed to close the game and opened it again!

MF1ulcr.png

KSP.log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/n81l2n33dl2msn6/KSP(JC2).log?dl=0

Player.log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ys4yuzupbwcyczc/Player(JC2).log?dl=0

Thanks.

Yup.  You found a bug.  Low priority, not going to fix it for now.  It's not impeding the game, just a minor annoyance.

Can you confirm that it happens like that every time?  And you mentioned at least two different cases when it happened.  I suspect in both cases it has to do with cargo parts (ie:  parts which are cargo )

11 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Yup.  You found a bug.  Low priority, not going to fix it for now.  It's not impeding the game, just a minor annoyance.

Can you confirm that it happens like that every time?  And you mentioned at least two different cases when it happened.  I suspect in both cases it has to do with cargo parts (ie:  parts which are cargo )

I'm unable to reproduce this bug now, but I almost certain that I was doing a EVA from a rover, using the cargo mode to organize my inventories before deploying some parts.

It's not a priority anyway!

Thanks.

@linuxgurugamer, I have seen this bug before, and I found one to get rid of it was mouse over another item in inventory like normal.  This seems to arise when the window gets closed while having the mouse over a object that has a popup.  This is very noticeable with deployable science because the button is on the item and hovering over the item causes this popup to appear while the PAW closes from the deploy action.  Clicking deploy and then moving the cursor off the item before the window closes prevents this from occurring.

I had this same problem yesterday with a stock alarm clock window while hovering over the settings button after clicking the button to close the window.  It is my opinion now that the eternal popup is a stock bug due to an unfortunately timed instance that is made clear by your mod.  So the best possible fix would be to limit showing the mod to only occur in the editor and not in other scenes like the flight scene.

Anyway I know you maintain a lot of mods and I hope this extra info helps.

Edited by mikerl
missed a not