[1.12.x] End your parts list nightmare - Introducing The Janitor's Closet

linuxgurugamer

Hi Linux, thanks for the great update.

The initial problem that I reported on the last page has been corrected with the new release, but I've noticed a new problem now.
I am able to hide certain Stock Toolbar buttons as described by your mod, but there are 2 in particular that don't seem to like being hidden. The first is the Servo Controller button added by USI (note, I am not using IR), and the second is Chatterer.
Whenever I hide either of these buttons, clicking on the Janitors Closet button causes weird things to occur with other UI's, namely Mechjeb. Instead of bringing up the list of hidden buttons, clicking on the JC button causes all the MechJeb windows to disappear and reappear.

If you need more from me I'll be happy to provide.

Thanks for your work and support.

Edited by _Zee

40 minutes ago, _Zee said:

The initial problem that I reported on the last page has been corrected with the new release, but I've noticed a new problem now.
I am able to hide certain Stock Toolbar buttons as described by your mod, but there are 2 in particular that don't seem to like being hidden. The first is the Servo Controller button added by USI (note, I am not using IR), and the second is Chatterer.
Whenever I hide either of these buttons, clicking on the Janitors Closet button causes weird things to occur with other UI's, namely Mechjeb. Instead of bringing up the list of hidden buttons, clicking on the JC button causes all the MechJeb windows to disappear and reappear.

This is good. Thanks

1 hour ago, _Zee said:

Same for me, but instead MJ in my case the blizzy toolbar and KER layer is getting switched on and off. :)

@linuxgurugamer Just wanted to give you a head's up.

Last week, I installed the new version manually, and all was fine.  Prior to that, I had been having the same problem as in this post: 

Last night, I noticed it was available on CKAN, so deleted my manual install and added the mod through CKAN.  Started the game up, and was getting the same issue as noted above.  It wasn't a big deal so I didn't bother mentioning it last night.  Tonight, I had a thought, and opened CKAN and deleted the mod, then manually installed it again.  It works just fine, again.  It seems to me that a CKAN install may be messing with the file somehow, but I haven't a clue how to help search for the issue.  

I'm not bothering with logs because I don't currently have this problem, but figured I'd mention it in case this crops up again.  BTW, I have something like 90-odd mods installed, and aside from the bait-and-switch I did tonight with Janitor's Closet, I haven't changed the game from last night.

5 hours ago, String Witch said:

Any way to get the menu to open up on an explicit click and not on mouseover?

You don't want the mouseover to pop up the menu?  Both work, the click essentially locks the popup in place.

I'll add this as a feature request, but need to fix a bug first:

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/JanitorsCloset/issues/4

Please add any comments you feel would help

10 hours ago, MaxxQ said:

@linuxgurugamer Just wanted to give you a head's up.

Last week, I installed the new version manually, and all was fine.  Prior to that, I had been having the same problem as in this post: 

Last night, I noticed it was available on CKAN, so deleted my manual install and added the mod through CKAN.  Started the game up, and was getting the same issue as noted above.  It wasn't a big deal so I didn't bother mentioning it last night.  Tonight, I had a thought, and opened CKAN and deleted the mod, then manually installed it again.  It works just fine, again.  It seems to me that a CKAN install may be messing with the file somehow, but I haven't a clue how to help search for the issue.  

I'm not bothering with logs because I don't currently have this problem, but figured I'd mention it in case this crops up again.  BTW, I have something like 90-odd mods installed, and aside from the bait-and-switch I did tonight with Janitor's Closet, I haven't changed the game from last night.

CKAN isn't getting the latest version because the latest version is a BETA.

Once I get a toolbar button bug fixed, I'll release it as a final version, probably by Monday

13 hours ago, _Zee said:

Are you hiding the buttons, or moving them to a new or existing folder button?

11 hours ago, Jebs_SY said:

Same for me, but instead MJ in my case the blizzy toolbar and KER layer is getting switched on and off. :)

Which buttons are you hiding?

I know basicly what's happening, but need to replicate it here first, am working on it now

11 hours ago, Jebs_SY said:

Which USI mod is installing Servo Controller?

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Also, for the people having issues with the toolbar acting funny, I need to know which scene you are in.

And finally, I need log files.  I've added some of the mentioned mods and haven't seen the issue yet.

Also, it would be helpful to see a screenshot of the toolbar, both before and after you set up the button folders

Thanks

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Ok, I've been able to replicate one of the problems.  I hid Chatterer in the current scene (Flight), and now clicking that button hides all the other windows I have open.

I see the problem both when doing a hide, or just moving it to a new button folder

This may end up being an incompatibility in the way the mods set up their toolbars.  If it is, I'll be creating an exclusion list for these sorts of mods

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Which buttons are you hiding?

Which USI mod is installing Servo Controller?

Hello,
I was not using the hide function but the move to a janitor-folder function. IIRC I moved the same buttons. Chatterer, USI-Servo and I think also the Deep-Freeze and KSP-Interstellar buttons.
The servo controller should come with USI Contruction.

I am not sure about the following information:
I think it was working one time with JC version 0.20 in that game-instance, I had moved the buttons to the JC-Toolbar. I think after restarting KSP it was then not working anymore, but it can be, that the next restart was already with 0.21. I have to try again, but don't have that much time atm. So read this information as "not sure".

@linuxgurugamer

OK, I had just run a test with 0.20 again. Seems to work fine with USI-Servo, Deep-Freeze and KSP-Interstellar UNTIL I move Chatterer into the JC-toolbar. Then it's broken.

There was something with chatterer. Chatterer had a blizzy-toolbar-icon, then there was some kind of library cleanup (was it linq?) and chatterer only had stock toolbar support. But the author said, that he wanted to support blizzy again as soon the (linq?) cleanup is complete.

@linuxgurugamer

I would have a feature suggestion. Could the mod-filter-window get some preset buttons? Maybe 1,2,3,4,5. With the possibility to save a mod selection to that button. Save could be something simple CTRL + Button1, maybe. And Button1 just restores the selected mods.

For what it would be useful? I have plenty part mods, for example 10, but regarding the loading times I consider, that maybe 1,2,3 out of the part mods could get removed later. However, when loading the savegame then, the ships with those parts get deleted. Cause of that I build mission dependent. For a short mission, I use parts from all mods. For a long and maybe important mission, for example a scansat or a ISRU on a far planet, I only use the stock parts and parts from mods that stay100% in my installation.

With such preset button row one could easily switch between some mission / part profile list. :) I almost would say these buttons could even be more/faster accessible then in the part filter menu, but if they are there that would be fine enough. Just the case "new mod adds new parts" must be considered, but when not in the "not selected" list then just show it. So maybe the saved preset should save the deselected mods. 

Just as an idea. Don't know if it's possibe / how much work it is.

Just now, Jebs_SY said:

@linuxgurugamer

I would have a feature suggestion. Could the mod-filter-window get some preset buttons? Maybe 1,2,3,4,5. With the possibility to save a mod selection to that button. Save could be something simple CTRL + Button1, maybe. And Button1 just restores the selected mods.

For what it would be useful? I have plenty part mods, for example 10, but regarding the loading times I consider, that maybe 1,2,3 out of the part mods could get removed later. However, when loading the savegame then, the ships with those parts get deleted. Cause of that I build mission dependent. For a short mission, I use parts from all mods. For a long and maybe important mission, for example a scansat or a ISRU on a far planet, I only use the stock parts and parts from mods that stay100% in my installation.

With such preset button row one could easily switch between some mission / part profile list. :) I almost would say these buttons could even be more/faster accessible then in the part filter menu, but if they are there that would be fine enough. Just the case "new mod adds new parts" must be considered, but when not in the "not selected" list then just show it. So maybe the saved preset should save the deselected mods. 

Just as an idea. Don't know if it's possibe / how much work it is.

Open an issue as a feature request, but I need to fix the bug first

6 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

You don't want the mouseover to pop up the menu?  Both work, the click essentially locks the popup in place.

I'll add this as a feature request, but need to fix a bug first:

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/JanitorsCloset/issues/4

That's right. I don't want to (and already did once) risk clicking on unblock all when I go to use something like RCSbuildaid or hangargrid.

Thank you.

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:
  • Fixed popup and autohide of toolbar
  • Fixed issue where some buttons were causing odd behaviour
  • Removed log spam from mod filter 
  • Possible fix for blank line in Mod filter list

@linuxgurugamer

I am happy to say that everything is fixed on my installation after a quick test. I can move chatterer button to the JC-Toolbar, it works and the blank line from the mod list is gone, also. Great work. As always. :) o/

5 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

BUG FIX, and full release:

• Fixed popup and autohide of toolbar
  • Fixed issue where some buttons were causing odd behaviour
  • Removed log spam from mod filter 
  • Possible fix for blank line in Mod filter list

Damn. I was in the process of typing out a bunch of responses to all your information requests and you already updated the mod. Haha, well done. I will test and return with results promptly.

Edited by _Zee

Alright so my results.

Hiding the "problem" buttons no longer causes other UI's to vanish and reappear. 

But now whenever I click on the JC button, the popout that displays the hidden buttons is visible for about 0.2 seconds before immediately disappearing again, making selecting those buttons impossible. This occurred in the VAB, and then again in the subsequent test on the launchpad. When I reverted my flight back to the VAB, the hidden buttons were again visible on the stock toolbar. Hiding them again cycled the problem over again.

My output log. https://www.dropbox.com/s/vn6osws57er97wn/output_log.txt?dl=0

@linuxgurugamer

I have found a (small?) issue, I think. When having JC 0.2.0+ installed, the right click button for mod settings does not work.
For example the Automated Science Sampler and the Kerbokatz Small Utilities PhysicalTimeRatioViewer. Both in the flight scene.
When having these both Kerbokatz-Mods installed, they can be grouped in the Kerbokatz-Toolbar.
However, right click on the button gets one to the settings, which is not working for me. With JC 0.1.8 it is working.
I think I may stay with 0.1.8 for now, cause the mod filter is just priceless. :)

BTW, could the JC toolbar functionality be toggled on/off by a setting, easily?

Edited by Jebs_SY

34 minutes ago, Jebs_SY said:

@linuxgurugamer

I have found a (small?) issue, I think. When having JC 0.2.0+ installed, the right click button for mod settings does not work.
For example the Automated Science Sampler and the Kerbokatz Small Utilities PhysicalTimeRatioViewer. Both in the flight scene.
When having these both Kerbokatz-Mods installed, they can be grouped in the Kerbokatz-Toolbar.
However, right click on the button gets one to the settings, which is not working for me. With JC 0.1.8 it is working.
I think I may stay with 0.1.8 for now, cause the mod filter is just priceless. :)

Well, I need a log, but both of those are by the same author, and both use the same library.  I'll take a look, but please try with the latest (0.2.3) released today.

36 minutes ago, Jebs_SY said:

I'll add that to the settings I'm working on

2 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Well, I need a log, but both of those are by the same author, and both use the same library.  I'll take a look, but please try with the latest (0.2.3) released today.

I have tried it with 0.2.3, 0.2.2, 0.2.1, 0.2.0... but 0.1.8 was the "first" where the right click was working. Log follows.

9 minutes ago, Jebs_SY said:

I have tried it with 0.2.3, 0.2.2, 0.2.1, 0.2.0... but 0.1.8 was the "first" where the right click was working. Log follows.

ok.

The 0.2.0 was when the toolbar functionality was added, which is causing the problem.

No log needed, I've been able to replicate it

Thanks

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Ok.

The problem is happening because the KerboKatz utilities are watching the toolbar in an old manner, which bypasses the new code in KSP:

It's using this:

public UnityAction onClick
    {
      get
      {
        return OnToolbar;
      }
    }

private void OnToolbar()
    {
      if (Input.GetMouseButtonUp(1))

and is totally bypassing the KSP code. 

The KSP toolbar has the ability to pass through a right-click, I'll be sending a message to the author about this.  Unfortunately, I can't really do anything about this.

After extensive investigation, i found the problem.  It was JC, not the Kerbokatz utilities.

Will release new version in a few minutes

Edited by linuxgurugamer