[1.12.x] End your parts list nightmare - Introducing The Janitor's Closet

linuxgurugamer

35 minutes ago, NomenNescio said:

Okay, like we have a tab for engines and one for fuel tanks and so on. What we don't have is a tab that displays all the parts indiscriminately.

With this mod such a tab would allow us to isolate all the parts from a given mod in one tab.

That would be better done in Filter Extensions, not this mod

54 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

That would be better done in Filter Extensions, not this mod

And in fact, Filter Extensions already has the ability to show all the parts of any specific mod, using auto-created folder-based tabs.  You'll have to find the tab for whichever mod you're looking at, but it does what @NomenNescio is asking for: Showing all the parts for a mod in one pane.

• 2 weeks later...

For me the parts I soft blocked reappear after every restart of KSP. For the time being I just use a blacklist that I can import every time I re-start KSP.

Win10/KSP 1.3.1/TJC 0.3.3/ installation is NOT within a UAC protected directory

Any ideas on how/why this happens or how to fix it?

On 2/25/2018 at 8:03 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Log file, please

Apologies I expected this to be an error on my side.

compressed Logfiles (I did one with the debug option enabled which ended up being ~26Mb)

I suspect some weird "incompatibility" between JC and multiple other mods. Works on a barebones install and I ended up splitting my mods in three parts and testing it with one third installed. Worked with every third but not with all of them together :huh:

Edited by Xaero
clarification

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

No

ok thanks, i cannot get real chutes to show for anything. I see it in the manager window, where you can select which mods to show. I looked over the realchutes site and the author mentioned something about parts category. I was not sure if he ment this mod.

Edited by viperwolf

19 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

If I remember correctly, RealChutes modifies stock parachutes and adds new parachute parts.  It doesn't have any button to press.

Try right-clicking on a placed parachute and see what pops up in the menu

I just uninstalled it for now, I posted on the RC site. I see a few people where having trouble with it. the part just are not showing up anywhere, and you cant see the stock parts either.

5 minutes ago, viperwolf said:

I just uninstalled it for now, I posted on the RC site. I see a few people where having trouble with it. the part just are not showing up anywhere, and you cant see the stock parts either.

If you are running 1.4, then you should wait until the mod gets updated

Just now, linuxgurugamer said:

If you are running 1.4, then you should wait until the mod gets updated

Its no big deal, what im doing is testing mods, which is how i came across your mod. I want to lesson the amount of different mods im using when 1.4.1/DLC hits. So maintenance is not so time consuming, if that makes sense. I also trying to keep parts counts down. However i have a few mods i use no matter what, and this is now one of them.

22 minutes ago, viperwolf said:

If we permaprune a part or even just hide it. Does that help with the games performance as far as part counts. Or is it the same as if you have them showing.

Permaprune improves performance since it won't be loaded into memory

1 minute ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Permaprune improves performance since it won't be loaded into memory

So i dont have to go and individually delete parts out of mods I dont use, that is fantastic! thank you thank you. another reason this my must have mod

I have a question. Is there any difference in using this mod to do the perma-prune .prune thing or writing a modulemanager patch to do -PART(partname)?

I am interested in memory usage, and it is my current belief that modulemanager runs before the parts are loaded. I think it is during part loading that the main memory usage happens, which I think is mostly the textures and models .dds?

Oh and it took me a little while to realize that manually editing janitor files are not as straight forward as I thought, not forgetting that there are at least two files I need to keep an eye on etc. Better to edit in game lol.