[1.12.x] End your parts list nightmare - Introducing The Janitor's Closet

linuxgurugamer

On 4/28/2019 at 5:41 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

I'm beginning to think this may be something related to the speed of the computer.  Could the two of you please post your computer specs:

Specifically:

• CPU model & speed
  • Memory
  • Graphics card

Also, if either or both of you could zip up your entire GameData directory (without the Squad folders) and PM me with a download link, that would give me a chance to test your actual setup on my system.

Thanks

i7 7700K

Titan X Pascal

32GB RAM

I cant zip my folder at the moment as im at work, but I do have access to my mods list. Link is HERE

3 hours ago, Craze said:

The most amazing thing is, the previous version works fine on KSP 1.7.0

Not really.  The latest version had a new feature added, that's what's causing the problem.

I'll be home this evening, I hope to finish up fixing this and get a new version out.

But I'd still like the feedback from people trying the latest beta (see above)

What I found amazing is that it's a very special set of circumstances which causes the problem and none of my test environments was showing it until last night

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Thank you all for the replies.  I have fixed the problem, as well as another subtle bug, and also added in a "None" to the modules and resources filters (otherwise if a part didn't have anything, it was being filtered out)

Hope to get out a new release this evening

New release, 0.3.5.1

• Fixed Missing Key error when resources were listed in the filterconfig file and not available
  • Added "None" to modules (for those parts which didn't have any modules)
  • Adjusted the sort so that "None" is always first
Edited by linuxgurugamer

10 hours ago, aceman67 said:

To satisfy my own morbid curiosity, what was the issue?

As listed in the changelog:

• Fixed Missing Key error when resources were listed in the filterconfig file and not available

In english, the mod ships with a large list of resources & modules along with a "best guess" version of each for UI stuff.  The new code was looking at all of them, even if they weren't in the game, causing the missing key error.  Didn't show up in my environment because the list was generated in my environment, ergo nothing was missing

I have a problem with janitors closet in that it won't show up in the vab/sph. It loads into the game (shows on bottom loading bar when launching) but it will not appear in the vab. I'm using ksp 1.7 with janitors closet 0.3.5.1, station parts expansion redux, near future solar, and the addons that come with them, which are:

B9part switch, near future props, and the module manager. files.

Is there any way that I could get this mod to work so I can organize my mods?

4 hours ago, mr_max128 said:

I have a problem with janitors closet in that it won't show up in the vab/sph. It loads into the game (shows on bottom loading bar when launching) but it will not appear in the vab. I'm using ksp 1.7 with janitors closet 0.3.5.1, station parts expansion redux, near future solar, and the addons that come with them, which are:

B9part switch, near future props, and the module manager. files.

Is there any way that I could get this mod to work so I can organize my mods?

Welcome to the forums.

How did you install your mods, manually or with CKAN?  Have you installed JC's dependencies?

Have read of this post on how to better report problems.

18 hours ago, Brigadier said:

Welcome to the forums.

How did you install your mods, manually or with CKAN?  Have you installed JC's dependencies?

Have read of this post on how to better report problems.

I installed my JC manually, I am not sure of the dependency requirements but I think bp9partswitch, nearfutureprops , and module manager are all the requirements. Is there a list for the dependencies as I cannot find one? I have also read the mod support link you gave me :), but that didn't help. From what I've figured out, I think I don't have all the dependencies.

3 hours ago, mr_max128 said:

I installed my JC manually, I am not sure of the dependency requirements but I think bp9partswitch, nearfutureprops , and module manager are all the requirements.

These are the dependencies of the other mods you have installed but JC requires ClickThroughBlocker to run (as stated in the OP):

• 3 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

What does "Enable Button Identification" mean?

By default it's disabled.

If enabled, a tooltip will pop up over each button in the toolbar with the name of the mod it's for (if it knows the name).  It gets the corresponding info from a file

10 hours ago, FleshJeb said:

Heyo LGG,

Is it possible to get Making History and Breaking Ground split up into separate filters? Right now they're both covered under SquadExpansion.

Not a huge deal, but it would be a nice addition.

Thank you.

Unfortunately, no.  Squad put both of them into the SquadExpansion folder, and right now, only the topmost folder is used to identify a mod

Hi LGG!

Quick feedback

By default, Janitor's Closet will, in VAB/SPH editor, show a tooltip with the name of the parent mod whenever we mouseover a part.

With the new Breaking Ground inventory system, if a Kerbal has a surface experiment, that tooltip will also appear. Not much of a problem, but if I click the small "deploy" icon, the tooltip gets stuck and permanently showing through flight scene, map scene or any other scene (even during load screen when, for instance, moving from an active vessel to the space center scene)

Would it be possible to suppress the tooltip in the flight scene?

As of now, one can work around the issue by disabling the tooltip in the settings menu (the tooltip will still show if one presses the mod key -- alt in windows)

Cheers!

I've noticed that as well.  Another way to clear it is to hover the cursor over a *stored* Breaking Ground part - but that does mean you need to have one more part than you deploy.  (It's also not 100% reliable that it will stay.  I've been trying to figure out the exact trigger.)

@linuxgurugamer

Hey so today while playing KSP I noticed that Janitor's Closet was spamming my log with this while in the VAB.

Janitor's Closet: Exception caught (4), message: Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: key

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

Here's the log file, I do currently have over 150 other mods installed so I'm not certain if it isn't a conflict. If you'd like me to do some further investigation please let me know, thanks.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b4wxpk262uh7yks/output_log_06-30-2019_Janitor.txt?dl=0

On 6/24/2019 at 4:17 PM, Thiagobs said:

Hi LGG!

Quick feedback

By default, Janitor's Closet will, in VAB/SPH editor, show a tooltip with the name of the parent mod whenever we mouseover a part.

With the new Breaking Ground inventory system, if a Kerbal has a surface experiment, that tooltip will also appear. Not much of a problem, but if I click the small "deploy" icon, the tooltip gets stuck and permanently showing through flight scene, map scene or any other scene (even during load screen when, for instance, moving from an active vessel to the space center scene)

Would it be possible to suppress the tooltip in the flight scene?

As of now, one can work around the issue by disabling the tooltip in the settings menu (the tooltip will still show if one presses the mod key -- alt in windows)

Cheers!

Which settings menu do you disable the tooltip in? KSP or the mod settings?