[1.12.x] End your parts list nightmare - Introducing The Janitor's Closet

linuxgurugamer

Life saver mod must I say.

What I have noticed so far:

1) I placed some in flight buttons in folder, sometimes they are (after reverts AFAIK) they are both in folder and main line.

2) Often  [ERROR] [JanitorsCloset.Log.Error] Janitor's Closet: Button not found in dictionary message is being thrown - is it ok or I messed something up (I'm a "mod it until it crashes" kind of guy)

Also @linuxgurugamer is a great man. :wink:

2 minutes ago, evileye.x said:

Life saver mod must I say.

What I have noticed so far:

1) I placed some in flight buttons in folder, sometimes they are (after reverts AFAIK) they are both in folder and main line.

2) Often  [ERROR] [JanitorsCloset.Log.Error] Janitor's Closet: Button not found in dictionary message is being thrown - is it ok or I messed something up (I'm a "mod it until it crashes" kind of guy)

Also @linuxgurugamer is a great man. :wink:

First, please make sure you have the latest version.

Then, my usual, please post a link to a log file

and thanks 

I still wonder what the "Button not found in dictionary message" means?! I also have plenty of them in the log. But all works well for me, so far.

Well, only one small thing, maybe. I was not able to get USI-LS back from a JC-Folder to the Stock toolbar. Or in detail, it got back to the Stock folder, but after a while it was always back into the JC-Toolbar. However, I reverted often, as I was testing something. Maybe that was the problem. In the end I just deleted the JanitorsCloset.cfg and put the 5 buttons (without USI-LS) back into the JC-Toolbar. However, I didn't have information for a useful bug report.
Also, I have problems with the USI-LS UI sometimes, cause it throws exceptions like shown below. But I don't think this is related to JC. At least I have the same problem with USI-LS in stock toolbar.

Spoiler

[EXC 23:37:32.032] ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
Parameter name: index
    System.Collections.Generic.List`1[ProtoCrewMember].get_Item (Int32 index)
    LifeSupport.LifeSupportMonitor.CheckEVAKerbals ()
    LifeSupport.LifeSupportMonitor.GenerateWindow ()
    LifeSupport.LifeSupportMonitor.OnWindow (Int32 windowId)
    UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID)
    UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style)
[EXC 23:37:32.036] ArgumentException: Getting control 0's position in a group with only 0 controls when doing Repaint
Aborting
    UnityEngine.GUILayoutGroup.GetNext ()
    UnityEngine.GUILayoutUtility.BeginLayoutGroup (UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options, System.Type layoutType)
    UnityEngine.GUILayout.BeginVertical (UnityEngine.GUIContent content, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options)
    UnityEngine.GUILayout.BeginVertical (UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options)
    LifeSupport.LifeSupportMonitor.GenerateWindow ()
    LifeSupport.LifeSupportMonitor.OnWindow (Int32 windowId)
    UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID)
    UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style)

Edited by Jebs_SY

the message:   Button not found in dictionary message

is for me.  It means that it couldn't find the button in an internal list it keeps.  

The exceptions you have with USI-LS may be affecting Janitor's Closet, i'll have to do some testing

So, once you didn't touch the USI-LS button, you are ok?

7 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

The exceptions you have with USI-LS may be affecting Janitor's Closet, i'll have to do some testing
So, once you didn't touch the USI-LS button, you are ok?

Nope, I am not. That was the idea behind resetting JC.
But I still had the USI-LS GUI/Exception problem in the stock bar after the JC-"reset." However, here and there the USI-LS-UI work without blinking/exception. But I don't now from what that depends, yet.

BTW, there is a huge incompaibility by the USI-LS-GUI and the "Launch Countdown" UI. When the Ship is connected to a LCD-Launch clamp with the "Launch" UI, the USI-LS windows is completely empty. So I avoid clicking the USI-LS-icon when still connected to a launch countdown clamp.

Edited by Jebs_SY

3 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

First, please make sure you have the latest version.

Then, my usual, please post a link to a log file

and thanks 

Here you go: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cp0utb7nl0gorcc/KSP.log?dl=0

I'm not sure will it be helpful for you, as I installed more than 100 mods. Also looks like I have 0.2.10 

Will try 0.2.10.1 and let you know.

3 hours ago, Jebs_SY said:

Nope, I am not. That was the idea behind resetting JC.
But I still had the USI-LS GUI/Exception problem in the stock bar after the JC-"reset." However, here and there the USI-LS-UI work without blinking/exception. But I don't now from what that depends, yet.

BTW, there is a huge incompaibility by the USI-LS-GUI and the "Launch Countdown" UI. When the Ship is connected to a LCD-Launch clamp with the "Launch" UI, the USI-LS windows is completely empty. So I avoid clicking the USI-LS-icon when still connected to a launch countdown clamp.

I meant, that if you don't touch the USI-LS,  you aren't haveing any problems with JC?

16 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I meant, that if you don't touch the USI-LS,  you aren't haveing any problems with JC?

JC is working very well. Apart from the "removed USI-LS from JC to STOCK (with Alt+right click), and after some respawns/reverts it was back in JC. Then removed it back from JC to STOCK again and it was then again in stock. Then some restarts/reverts later it was again in JC" problem I have no problems at all. I did not continue the debugging of this cause I just deleted the JanitorsCloset.cfg then and now USI-LS stays in STOCK cause I never put it into JC again. In the end I only can remember me thinking "Why it goes back to JC" and removed the JanitorsCloset.cfg then and reconfigured what I want to have in JC.
No other problems.
However, cause very few KSP time I can not say more. So I may had stay quiet to avoid confusion. I just thought the oberservation could help anywhere/anyhow, but I do not have more information, right now.

It's happening because USI-LS is changing the icon, and that's the only thing that JC can use.

i'll see what I can do, but for now will recommend that the USI-LS be left alone

3 hours ago, Jebs_SY said:

JC is working very well. Apart from the "removed USI-LS from JC to STOCK (with Alt+right click), and after some respawns/reverts it was back in JC. Then removed it back from JC to STOCK again and it was then again in stock. Then some restarts/reverts later it was again in JC" problem I have no problems at all. I did not continue the debugging of this cause I just deleted the JanitorsCloset.cfg then and now USI-LS stays in STOCK cause I never put it into JC again. In the end I only can remember me thinking "Why it goes back to JC" and removed the JanitorsCloset.cfg then and reconfigured what I want to have in JC.
No other problems.
However, cause very few KSP time I can not say more. So I may had stay quiet to avoid confusion. I just thought the oberservation could help anywhere/anyhow, but I do not have more information, right now.

One more thing.  Are you hiding the USI-LS, or just putting it into a folder.  If hiding, are you hiding it on all screens or just a specific screen?

3 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

One more thing.  Are you hiding the USI-LS, or just putting it into a folder.  If hiding, are you hiding it on all screens or just a specific screen?

I had only moved it into a folder.

And, I have 2 different(?) problems with USI-LS (not related to JC, I think!). One is a empty window when connected to a LC-clamp (and errors in the log) and the other one is a blinking (99% of time on, 1% of time off), but working USI-LS window with LS-data (and errors in the log).

Yeah, I just leave the icon alone. I need it often, so the stock toolbar is the place to be anyway. :)

Deleted JC-folder, installed the beta, joined an old career, gone to the tracking station and got:

Spoiler

[EXC 19:07:08.440] IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
    JanitorsCloset.ToolbarIconEvents+InstallToolIconEvents.CheckToolbarButtons ()
    JanitorsCloset.ToolbarIconEvents+InstallToolIconEvents.FixedUpdate ()
[EXC 19:07:09.535] IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
[EXC 19:07:10.553] IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.

Could be first time initialization, I guess?!

One more thing, but I assume this is normal, when pressing M to change from MAP to CAMERA the camera zooms in, which takes maybe 1000ms. In these time I see (for example) the KSP-I icon and the Planetshine icons in ths stock toolbar which should be in the JC-toolbar. However, they are moved into the JC-toolbar, after the 1000ms zoom-in time. I assume it's a limitation, that can not be avoided.

5 hours ago, Jebs_SY said:

Deleted JC-folder, installed the beta, joined an old career, gone to the tracking station and got:

Hide contents

[EXC 19:07:08.440] IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
[EXC 19:07:09.535] IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
[EXC 19:07:10.553] IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.

Could be first time initialization, I guess?!

One more thing, but I assume this is normal, when pressing M to change from MAP to CAMERA the camera zooms in, which takes maybe 1000ms. In these time I see (for example) the KSP-I icon and the Planetshine icons in ths stock toolbar which should be in the JC-toolbar. However, they are moved into the JC-toolbar, after the 1000ms zoom-in time. I assume it's a limitation, that can not be avoided.

Ok, fixed the index issue

Looks like I also fixed the time issue.

New beta:  https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/JanitorsCloset/releases/tag/0.2.11.1

@linuxgurugamer

I just quit a session with 0.2.11. I still had my USI-LS-GUI problems, that are imho NOT related to JC. Like here and here.
But I realized a minor issue, again. When having the "Surface Experiment Package" (SEP) installed, it brings a stock icon with it. I move this icon to a JC-TB, cause I don't use it that often. However, when clicking the JC-TB, the JC-TB folds up and shows me the 5 icons I have in it. Now I need to move the mouse from right to the left, and when I only hover (without clicking) over the SEP icon, the SEP menu opens. See here. SEP must be somewhat different.

1 minute ago, Jebs_SY said:

@linuxgurugamer

I just quit a session with 0.2.11. I still had my USI-LS-GUI problems, that are imho NOT related to JC. Like here and here.
But I realized a minor issue, again. When having the "Surface Experiment Package" (SEP) installed, it brings a stock icon with it. I move this icon to a JC-TB, cause I don't use it that often. However, when clicking the JC-TB, the JC-TB folds up and shows me the 5 icons I have in it. Now I need to move the mouse from right to the left, and when I only hover (without clicking) over the SEP icon, the SEP menu opens. See here. SEP must be somewhat different.

Ok,  I hope you don't mind being my best tester :-)

I'll download SEP and see what's going on with it

No problem. I hope the clips help to see the things. I have to say, that I still have to much exceptions in this highly modded install and try to get rid of more. So this installation is really a edge case.

Edited by Jebs_SY

Oh,  I see.  Actually, it is working properly.  SEP is showing it's window when the mouse is hovering over the icon.  Kerbal Engineer has the same issue.

It's not a bug per se, because I deliberately made sure that the hover worked the same way.

I'll have to test to see if I remove the hover, if they will work properly.

Ok.

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/JanitorsCloset/releases/tag/0.2.11.2

Testing showed it works ok with the hover disabled.  I added an option which will disable the hover on the icons, you will have to go into the settings to set it.