Alternate Fonts in 1.2

I am curious, with the discussion on new fonts/font rendering in the upcoming KSP v1.2, is it possible to drop in an alternate font into the game?

The reason I ask, is I happen to have the font "Futura" on my system. Thanks to the research I've done for my custom Kerbal game controller, I've learned that NASA used the Futura typeface on their instrument panels in the Apollo program (and I believe on the Shuttle also). Anyway, I got the font, knowing I'll need it for my controller build. It'll be a desk mounted instrument panel, with real meters, indicators, joysticks, toggle switches, and even a real navball! I wanted it to feel as authentically "spacey" as possible, hence the reason I'm using the font NASA themselves used.

Now, I know the font used in most of KSP's text is a san-serif font, much like Futura. What I'd like to know, is whether or not there's a way to get KSP to display it's text using a different font. Whether this can be done by replacing a font file somewhere into the KSP files, altering some file to reference a different system font, or whether a mod can be used to alter the default font, I'd love to know.

I just REALLY wanna see what KSP looks like with it's primary font rendered in Futura (and matching my "cockpit" styled controller! :D

Edited by richfiles

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.