Action Groups Needing Two Button Hits

I like to use action groups for things like toggling solar panels etc, but I find, if I haven't used any actions for a while, it takes two presses of the relevant number key before anything happens.  Is this by design (maybe so you don't have something happen if you have hit the key by mistake), a bug, or something unique to my KSP world?

It's not really a huge issue, I'm just curious!

Regards

Clipper.

Personally I find that this tends to happen when I'm having frame rate issues.  I also find that my frame rate improves if my camera is panned so that the only things in frame are my craft and the background stars so I tend to do that before using an action group whenever I can help it.  I think it's caused by the game running slow and not picking up the keystroke but I'm not sure about that.

Possibly frame rate, read: slow computer.

sometimes, to view the contents of a fuel tank I need 3 right clicks on the tank, and to change to another tank, 5 clicks!!

so 2 key hits for action groups is somewhat, expectable, if too big part count on the 2.3 km radius.

Edited by Jaeleth

Also, it seems "toggle" type groups assume a "default state" and don't toggle if the object is in the reverse state. E.g. you can't alternate between solar panel 1 and 2 being extended.

This isn't so bad.

Quite common occurrence for me recently - I have two rovers (cranes) that operate either independently, or docked together as a pair (a bigger crane). The docking usually involves leaving one rover on brakes, then driving up with the other. And after the docking, I can't move - brakes of the first rover are still on, despite the action group (proper for the second one) not being lit.

Now I need to activate and deactivate the brakes action group, and I can move. It would be extremely frustrating though, if it was alternating between brakes switched on in one rover or the other...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.