[1.4.1] SimpleRefuel 0.3

MarkusA380

Please leave comments on your experience!

Donate

If you like this mod and you want to show your support, you can safely donate via Paypal and make me a happy developer.

Description

I always wanted to have a real reusable spaaace program in KSP. This was never really possible, because refuelling is very complicated, even when landed at the KSC directly next to the fuel silos.

This simple mod allows you to refuel your vessel when landed at the KSC.

When landed at the KSC a "Refuel" - button will appear on the screen. When clicking it, your fuel tanks (liquid fuel, oxidizer, electricity and monopropellant) will start to magically fill up!

License:

GNU General Public License v3

Download:

Bildergebnis für spacedock kerbal  SimpleRefuel on SpaceDock

Manual Installation

To install, just extract the .zip file and put the contents of the included GameData folder into your KSP/GameData folder.

GitHub

25231.png  GitHub Repository

Changelog:

- Recompile for 1.4.1

- Added resource selection UI that can be started from the Toolbar.

- Updated to 1.2.

- Initial release.

Known issues & requests:

See GitHub Issue Tracker

Edited by MarkusA380

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 1:25 PM, Sol Invictus said:

Unfortunately, the fact that with some reusable rockets you could just fly infinitely many times for free using this mod, is a deal breaker for me. Otherwise, it's wonderful idea for a mod.

So enforce the discipline on yourself.  Buy something that costs the same as the fuel you have used, and destroy it. Like an SRB every now and then.

Awesome! 

I like simple and elegant solutions to life's problems - and sometimes a refuel button is much easier than having several 'hundreds of parts' vehicles cluttering up the KSC

Since Kerbinside hasn't been updated to 1.2 yet I am going to install this via CKAN right meow. The lack of fuel prices is not a deal breaker for me - how much does a space program earn and how much is fuel cost anyway? Not much... powerful boosters are cheap once the big initial RnD cost is paid to "mass produce" them.

As for "disgusting" people just ignore them - in every single community I see people with like, less than 5 posts just registering to pass unsolicited judgment on people. I would be concerned for their mental health really - they're on such a hair trigger! (NOT that I care)

Ps. Love persistent rotation too. Fun cinematics can be made from them.

Edited by pandoras kitten

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...

@MarkusA380 How is the progress on making it cost money to refuel? i messed around with it, with no luck. I would love to use this mod, but thats a bit of a offput to using it for me. not a deal breaker, just less willing to use it if you know what i mean... Aside from that, id like to suggest looking into making it refuel open tanks only. me and a few friends use it, and we empty tanks to make the float, or use them as structural, and dont want them filled so we lock them. but your mod refills them anyways.

Hi @ThePhoenixSol, a GitHub contributor is already working on the cost feature, I can't tell when he is finished.

Take a look at the repository, you will be able to track the progress.

As for your idea with open tanks only, I like it. I will add it as Enhancement in the issue tracker.

13 hours ago, Warezcrawler said:

Now all we need is landing sites across kerbin, and refuel at them all...

Added that as Enhancement in the issue tracker. Gonna take a bit of time figuring out how that works.

Hopefully I'll have a version with that soon

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.