Case of early-released engines cleared up!

Temeter

Current devnotes:

http://kerbaldevteam.tumblr.com/

Chris (Porkjet) has wrapped up the overhauled rocket parts package which will be released for modders at the same time as the update 1.2 pre-release. It’s far from finished but hopefully these parts will help dealing with the anticipation. You can see some of these parts here.

Hopefully we can now stop making conspiracy theories when Squad is just doing something cool!

Edited by Temeter

I'm really liking the look of the new rocket parts! I know some people aren't a fan of the fact the parts are primarily white, grey, black, and yellow, but I think a unified colour scheme for all the parts helps tie the game's art style together because right now it's all over the place (compare the MK3 parts to the Rockomax parts, for example...)

31 minutes ago, yorshee said:

I'm really liking the look of the new rocket parts! I know some people aren't a fan of the fact the parts are primarily white, grey, black, and yellow, but I think a unified colour scheme for all the parts helps tie the game's art style together because right now it's all over the place (compare the MK3 parts to the Rockomax parts, for example...)

Yup. I wonder how the orange tank and classic tanks compare, tho, or if anything about their style was changed.

3 hours ago, Temeter said:

Current devnotes:

http://kerbaldevteam.tumblr.com/

Hopefully we can now stop making conspiracy theories when Squad is just doing something cool!

What would have also stopped the conspiracy theories would have been Squad actually saying something when a dozen people were asking about PJ dev note after dev note.  (Note: pretty sure I wasn't one of them mostly)

Just saying... :wink:

These parts are released now on this thread if anyone was wondering.

Configs are interesting. LV-T15 has about 100-ish thrust (you were right @Frozen_Heart!) and 240 ISP at sea level, LV-303 has 25-ish thrust and 320 ISP in vacuum. What's more interesting though is the "Upgrades.cfg" file... possible new feature?

2 hours ago, GluttonyReaper said:

These parts are released now on this thread if anyone was wondering.

Configs are interesting. LV-T15 has about 100-ish thrust (you were right @Frozen_Heart!) and 240 ISP at sea level, LV-303 has 25-ish thrust and 320 ISP in vacuum. What's more interesting though is the "Upgrades.cfg" file... possible new feature?

Stats are placeholders for sure, all of them aren't even integrated into the tech tree. I'd imagine that we'll also be able to add/remove the boat tail later via context menu, instead of having 2 models.

As for the cfg, there is also an upgrade option in KSPs menu, implying you can 'buff' older engines by researching later tech nodes. Might finally solve how weak early tier engines become over the games career? Anyway, devs already said the option currently is only there for modders, nothing in stock actually uses it. Should be somewhere described in the documentation, they said.

Edited by Temeter

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.