Update 1.2 Pre-release is here!

Darth Badie

1 hour ago, SpartanJack17 said:

Has anyone managed to get the program for patching the prerelease tot the latest version working? I can't get it to recognise the games install folder.

I took a copy of my clean 1.1.3 install, downloaded and ran the 1.1.3 -> 1.2-pre patch.

So far it has worked like a charm.

29 minutes ago, Curveball Anders said:

I took a copy of my clean 1.1.3 install, downloaded and ran the 1.1.3 -> 1.2-pre patch.

Huh, weird.  Wonder why it won't work for me.  Maybe because the game isn't installed on the C drive?  IDK.

24 minutes ago, SpartanJack17 said:

Huh, weird.  Wonder why it won't work for me.  Maybe because the game isn't installed on the C drive?  IDK.

I tried me F: drive too, just for you my friend :)

• Copied my clean KSP_1_1_3 to F:\
  • Ran the downloaded KSPx64-Patch-1.1.3-To-1.2.exe
  • Selected F:\KSP_1_1_3 and let it do it's thing.
  • Ran F:\KSP_1_1_3\Launcher.exe and watched it download patcher.exe (it might work one day)
  • Started a new career game and launched a basic flea hopper.

No Issues.

1 hour ago, Curveball Anders said:

I took a copy of my clean 1.1.3 install, downloaded and ran the 1.1.3 -> 1.2-pre patch. I could only find a Windows binary, so I opened it in wine...

Didn't work at all. :mad:

Where's the patcher at SQUAD, you know, the one you were going to fix for the 1.2 pre-release?

11 minutes ago, Curveball Anders said:

watched it download patcher.exe (it might work one day)

At this rate, I have my doubts.

To elaborate, from the bugtracker:

Updated by TriggerAu about 1 year ago

From recollection the patcher broke a whiles ago, and it was maintained by one of the staff who have left Squad. Doesnt mean this shouldn't be fixed, but just for info

Seen zero progress on fixing it since then, it worked again for one release (untouched AFAICT) then promptly broken again.

Updated by Ted about 1 year ago

Status changed from New to Being Worked On

Assignee set to Ted

% Done changed from 0 to 30

Unfortunately we're having long-term server migration issues which meant we had to deactivate some of the more non-critical services (namely the patcher and a few redmine plugins). We are working to resolve it as soon as is possible. Once the servers are restored, the patcher should be back up and operational on all platforms - a massive bonus for hotfixes.

Yeah, right.

This bug report is now closed. The patcher still does not work.

Edited by steve_v
Fix quotes

Finally got an hour or so to try it and... so shiny.

The new fonts are fantastic. 

Re-entry seems more forgiving, but I did break my antenna trying to send a flying crew report. 

And I have had to remember how to calculate delta-v. Nice to have a refresher!

Kudos Squad chaps!

3 minutes ago, Serpens Solidus said:

What do I do?

Post logs, for a start. Probably best to open a new thread in the tech support section for that.

Read this for log locations etc.

Edited by steve_v

played for about 2 hours yesterday, started a new career on a clean install on linux, no issues so far, great job!

have 1 question though, did a quick search but couldn't find the answer, in the tech tree i saw parts with a different background color, what are those?

never noticed them in 1.1.3

On 9/14/2016 at 2:22 AM, genbrien said:

-Conic patch draw mode

Let's say you are orbiting Mun. Game can draw your orbit differently - as a circle around Mun, as a wobbly line around Kerbin or stuff like that. This is most apparent when you are changing SOI - It could draw only path as seen from Kerbin, from Mun or both. That's what this setting does. Pick the one you like most. 

-Conic Patch Limit

How many SOI changes it should draw. If you have Mun encounter, then Mun escape, then Minmus encounter/escape and maybe Mun again, followed by Kerbin escape. Set it low to only draw the first, set it to max to see everything :) 

-Orbital Drift Compensation

This is a fix for orbital drift bug. Always leave enabled, unless you know what you are doing (you are playing large scale system mod for example)

-Ease in gravity

This prevents bouncy craft on load (just like KJR) 

-Verbose Logging

I guess it prints more info to the log. Not important for gameplay. 

Edited by _stilgar_

There was a image that showed ALL of the engines being revamped and overhauled. Was this picture real, and all the parts are how the are in the picture is how they are in-game, or was this purely concept. Here's it is. iINdJyL.jpg

18 minutes ago, TopHeavy11 said:

There was a image that showed ALL of the engines being revamped and overhauled. Was this picture real, and all the parts are how the are in the picture is how they are in-game, or was this purely concept. Here's it is. 

It's just a concept for now, but the 1.25m engines (+some tanks and the Mk1 Pod) have been released as a mod (subject to change, of course). Link is at the bottom of the OP of this thread.

1 hour ago, _stilgar_ said:

This is a fix for orbital drift bug. Always leave enabled, unless you know what you are doing (you are playing large scale system mod for example)

There is a problem with this option and x-times bigger star systems?

17 minutes ago, KerbMav said:

There is a problem with this option and x-times bigger star systems?

The dev who wrote the fix said that the orbital drift is gone except for every high orbit, which isn't usually the problem, unless you are doing Sun dive or other weird Eeloo orbits... or you are using resized solar system. So, if you are experiencing heavy orbital drift using such mods, you may consider disabling this. 

New to bug tracking and stuff, so comments and directions on where to post this next time would be great. :) 

Crashed into ground and this happened, here is my log

Edited by ISE
Correction

2 hours ago, TopHeavy11 said:

There was a image that showed ALL of the engines being revamped and overhauled. Was this picture real, and all the parts are how the are in the picture is how they are in-game, or was this purely concept. Here's it is. 

Wow, those look really cool. Now I want to build,them, heh :)