Update 1.2 Pre-release is here!

Darth Badie

4 minutes ago, Speadge said:

almost all old saves are compatible, even back from 0.9.

There has almost never been "a big cut" - and there wont be from a PRErelease -> release.

Trust me :wink:

I'm off to re-install then! I will trust your winky face Speadge, and hold you fully accountable if my save gets borked on release! :wink: :P

Just now, TheGuyNamedAlan said:

First of all, how do I install the pre release?? I downloaded the html, xml and part overhaul zips but I don't know how to install it. Plz help fast!!

why fast? Pls explain in detail...

Just now, JP76 said:

I'm off to re-install then! I will trust your winky face Speadge, and hold you fully accountable if my save gets borked on release! :wink: :P

Im fine with that.

1 hour ago, TheGuyNamedAlan said:

First of all, how do I install the pre release?? I downloaded the html, xml and part overhaul zips but I don't know how to install it. Plz help fast!!

Do you have it through Store or Steam?

Store:

Sign in, then navigate to the downloads page. Scroll down to the bottom of the downloads. For Mac or Linux, cluck the appropriate capsule. For Windows, click a link below the capsule. Unzip to the directory of your choice.

Steam:

Back up your current install. Sign in. In your Library, right click on Kerbal Space Program and click Properties. Navigate to the Betas tab and select 1.2 Prerelease. Leave the password field blank. Apply, then close the Properties window.

If you're GoG or console, you're outta luck. Sorry.

12 minutes ago, Alvinf said:

After update to 1.2.0.1489...

Now all my ship can't transfer fuel between tanks.

And I cant finish my career without that feature.

So, I have no choice to change back to stable build.

I hope it will fix soon.

no Bug, its a feature.
RTFM?

15 minutes ago, Speadge said:

no Bug, its a feature.
RTFM?

I thought fuel transfer was only disabled if it was set in the difficulty settings? Disabling/enabling fuel tanks (the green arrow buttons next to the resource indicators) seem to be disabled as well. I tried transferring fuel from two tanks which were in the same stack (engines were feeding from both tanks) and nothing happened upon clicking the transfer buttons.

27 minutes ago, Stoney3K said:

I thought fuel transfer was only disabled if it was set in the difficulty settings? Disabling/enabling fuel tanks (the green arrow buttons next to the resource indicators) seem to be disabled as well. I tried transferring fuel from two tanks which were in the same stack (engines were feeding from both tanks) and nothing happened upon clicking the transfer buttons.

Did you submit a bug report? Because the reason for this release is so we can find bugs and submit reports.

It sounds like your career forgott you had a building upgrade.

Edited by 5thHorseman

3 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

Did you submit a bug report? Because the reason for this release is so we can find bugs and submit reports.

It sounds like your career forgott you had a building upgrade.

This was in Sandbox mode (resuming a 1.1.3 save), so I will try to repeat the issue and file a bug report if it persists.

suggestion: rescale the Communotron 16-S to 75% it's current size. The default size is too long to fit on the side of a Mk1 capsule. Since this seems like a very normal way to use this antenna it would be nice if the antenna didn't extend past to heat shield and/or extend into the parachute at the top.

With the 1.2.0.1489 patch-to-latest from the KSP Store, the executable fails with "Launcher Error": "Could not find data segment", before even asking for KSP install dir. Both the first patch from 1.1.3 patch and the 1479 patch worked fine. I've tried the download twice, and it appeared to complete fine both times.

1 hour ago, Waz said:

With the 1.2.0.1489 patch-to-latest from the KSP Store, the executable fails with "Launcher Error": "Could not find data segment", before even asking for KSP install dir. Both the first patch from 1.1.3 patch and the 1479 patch worked fine. I've tried the download twice, and it appeared to complete fine both times.

I'm having the exact same problem. Cannot patch from 1.2.0.01486 > 1.2.0.01489. Same error as described above.

Edited by JAFO

5 hours ago, JAFO said:

I'm having the exact same problem. Cannot patch from 1.2.0.01486 > 1.2.0.01489. Same error as described above.

Forgot to mention, this is with the 64bit patch.. don't know if the 32bit version suffers from the same problem or not.

Edited by JAFO

I have to thank the Devs for reworking the orbit lines mechanic

I'm so impressed by it, because i can set up my relay network so precisely accurate on 1 meter without AP and PE wobbling.

Thanks great work guys and gals.