Update 1.2 Pre-release is here!

Darth Badie

6 hours ago, LordFerret said:

Maybe someday before I die, docking cameras will become stock. I'm not holding my breath though, as I'd like to hang in there a few years more.

Even if it's not a docking cam, the ability to lock your camera to parts should make docking much easier.

Thinking about, you might make your own 'docking interface' out of parts...

3 hours ago, Jockel said:

I have to thank the Devs for reworking the orbit lines mechanic

I'm so impressed by it, because i can set up my relay network so precisely accurate on 1 meter without AP and PE wobbling.

Thanks great work guys and gals.

I think the thing I'm most blown away by right now is the auto-strutting. Fully capable of turning overdone pasta back into uncooked spaghetti, with just a few clicks!

MANY thanks, Squad team!

11 hours ago, Waz said:

With the 1.2.0.1489 patch-to-latest from the KSP Store, the executable fails with "Launcher Error": "Could not find data segment", before even asking for KSP install dir. Both the first patch from 1.1.3 patch and the 1479 patch worked fine. I've tried the download twice, and it appeared to complete fine both times.

The new 1.2.0.1494 patch works correctly. :cool:

64 bit Patcher isn't working for me.

• KSP 1.1.3 - 64bit Store Version
• Located in: Z:\Games\KSP 1.1.3
• Windows 7

After browsing to where KSP is, I get a dialog "Please Select a valid Kerbal Space Program folder."

So, just redownloading the whole thing. Never cared for patchers 99% of the time.

Edited by MGCJerry

56 minutes ago, MGCJerry said:

64 bit Patcher isn't working for me.

• KSP 1.1.3 - 64bit Store Version
• Located in: Z:\Games\KSP 1.1.3
• Windows 7

After browsing to where KSP is, I get a dialog "Please Select a valid Kerbal Space Program folder."

So, just redownloading the whole thing. Never cared for patchers 99% of the time.

Have you tried renaming it to 1_1_3? It's not unusual for program to gronk out when using '.' (esp multiple ones) in a filename.

I'm not sure if its a bug or what, but when I go to dock my space craft with my space station both of them rotate prior to docking and I can't stop them.

EDIT: It seems toggling toque stops the problem.  

Edited by Kram45

8 minutes ago, LordFerret said:

This is new to me. Must have missed that in the update notes. How is this done?

Right mouse buttom, 'aim camera' or so. :wink:

Might need to activate advanced tweakables.

Used it last mission. Docked my lander by locking, then centering the camera onto a part directly above the docking port. Worked brillantly!

Edited by Temeter

17 minutes ago, Temeter said:

Used it last mission. Docked my lander by locking, then centering the camera onto a part directly above the docking port. Worked brillantly!

You can also aim the camera onto parts on other nearby craft but still remain in control of the one you're piloting.  So you could aim the camera onto the docking port which you're approaching and then fly the approaching craft towards you, which would look pretty cool. 

23 minutes ago, Red Iron Crown said:

21 minutes ago, Temeter said:

Gave it a whirl. Yes, Advanced Tweakables must be enabled. I find this very helpful for being able to 'zoom in' on science experiments, or, say, selecting components on large vessels docked at large space stations for refueling purposes. As a "docking camera" however, no... in my book it doesn't cut it. I've been spoiled, and once tasted.......... :wink:

2 minutes ago, katateochi said:

You can also aim the camera onto parts on other nearby craft but still remain in control of the one you're piloting.  So you could aim the camera onto the docking port which you're approaching and then fly the approaching craft towards you, which would look pretty cool. 

Didn't even think about that one! Gotta love it when devs understand players: It's like Squad just gives us some super general, versatile tool, and says 'find some use for this'! :D

1 minute ago, LordFerret said:

Gave it a whirl. Yes, Advanced Tweakables must be enabled. I find this very helpful for being able to 'zoom in' on science experiments, or, say, selecting components on large vessels docked at large space stations for refueling purposes. As a "docking camera" however, no... in my book it doesn't cut it. I've been spoiled, and once tasted.......... :wink:

It's not a docking camer, but it makes it easier. Especially on big ships this is a game changer!

2 hours ago, Curveball Anders said:

Have you tried renaming it to 1_1_3? It's not unusual for program to gronk out when using '.' (esp multiple ones) in a filename.

Nope. I just downloaded 1.2 to solve the problem.

Sadly though, it is very common to see programs especially updaters choke when they realize they're not installed in "program files", or your currently booted version of windows is not drive "C". I tried updating the game "Freelancer" a loooong time ago on a windows multi-boot, but it couldn't find my game install directory (it needs to be installed in C:\program files\microsoft games\freelancer) which was a problem because my games are in D:\Games and at that time I was booted into Windows XP which was partition X: (C: win2k; X: WinXP; W: Win7 RC2). You will find sooooo many installers, updaters, etc fail in this type of setup. Thank god for Virtual Machines nowadays. I haven't installed a primary use program or a game into C: since 1999. OS partition is for the OS only. :wink:

Anyway 1.2 looks good and my low part-count planes seem to veer off the runway much less.

Edited by MGCJerry

3 minutes ago, MGCJerry said:

Sadly though, it is very common to see programs especially updaters choke when they realize they're not installed in "program files", or your currently booted version of windows is not drive "C".

I have mine in C:\KSP\KSP_1_1_3 (and others) but tested to upgrade in F:\KSP too and it worked.

So at least their patcher can handle that, but periods and similar (national characters for instance) can be an issue.

7 minutes ago, tgruetzm said:

Something is very very wrong with 1.2.  Take a single Kickback SRB, nothing attached and launch it straight up and you'll achieve a solar system escape trajectory...

Assuming an average Isp of ~210s, and instantaneous impulse without drag, you should just barely be able to squeak out of Kerbin's SOI.
So yes, there is something wrong. Have you notified the appropriate channels?

2 minutes ago, stickman939 said:

How do I get access to the prerelease if I bought the game through gog.com?

Am I SoL, or what?

Sadly I think you are. They are so slow to get updates out, they probably can't be relied on for it even if Squad provided them with the updates. You'd get the first prerelease while everybody else was getting 1.2 actual.

I bought FTL on GoG back in the day. I've never bought another game from them, and I probably never will. :/

2 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

Sadly I think you are. They are so slow to get updates out, they probably can't be relied on for it even if Squad provided them with the updates. You'd get the first prerelease while everybody else was getting 1.2 actual.

I bought FTL on GoG back in the day. I've never bought another game from them, and I probably never will. :/

Lame. Oh well, Thanks!

3 minutes ago, cran said:

Will there be an update for the 1.1 branch with just the bugfixes (esp. wheels...)? Or is the upgrade all or nothing?

There will not be any upgrades to 1.1. 1.2 is the next version. So in short, it's all or nothing.

But it's very likely you can disable whatever it is you don't want in 1.2.