Update 1.2 Pre-release is here!

Darth Badie

I bought the game with GOG and it seems i cant find a way to uptdate to the 1.2 pre-release.. Is there any way?
Im so eager to start a new career-mode with the new update, plz help me!

ps, i have tested to update it via the ksp store without success

42 minutes ago, nAs- said:

I bought the game with GOG and it seems i cant find a way to uptdate to the 1.2 pre-release.. Is there any way?

ps, i have tested to update it via the ksp store without success

Sorry, the prerelease is only available to Steam and KSP Store purchasers. People who bought through Amazon or GOG will have to wait, I'm afraid.

1 hour ago, nAs- said:

Hi! As @Red Iron Crown says, unfortunately the pre-release isn't available on GOG, but if you're looking to start a new career game, using the pre-release isn't a good idea anyway because it's still in development. It's intended for testing purposes only. I'm sure the release will come soon, and it will be worth the wait! :)

Where do we report potential bugs and stuff? I seem to be having a frustrating time with manoeuvre nodes.. I'm very experienced with the game so it's not because I'm an idiot... but I just don't seem to be able to get trajectories to intersect with new SOIs. The closest approach arrows will appear as usual but when they get to where a SOI change should occur, they just vanish and the trajectory just shows a miss... I've never had this problem before while setting up transfers... no amount of middle mouse tweaking or manoeuvre node placement adjustment seems to be helping. Anyone else having an issue?  

Just now, Red Iron Crown said:

Thanks! I'm not sure if it is a bug or not in fairness. A potential work around seems to be using a second node that does nothing. I'll do some more testing of my own for a start and, of course, turn it off an on again!

Now that's interesting. It appears that having multiple antennas increases signal strength. I have 2 vessels on almost stationary orbit, the current distance between them is about 5700km. They have few 5M relays each. According to formula, 2x5M antennas on hard difficulty should have max range of:

SQRT(5000000*5000000)*0.65 = 3250000m = 3,250km

But when I have 2 antennas extended on each vessels, there is weak link between them (thin red line). If I extend all antennas (4 on first probe and 2 on second) the link becomes green like it has > 50% signal strength. How to calculate range for multiple antennas in a single vessel?

2 minutes ago, Fogged said:

Now that's interesting. It appears that having multiple antennas increases signal strength. I have 2 vessels on almost stationary orbit, the current distance between them is about 5700km. They have few 5M relays each. According to formula, 2x5M antennas on hard difficulty should have max range of:

SQRT(5000000*5000000)*0.65 = 3250000m = 3,250km

But when I have 2 antennas extended on each vessels, there is weak link between them (thin red line). If I extend all antennas (4 on first probe and 2 on second) the link becomes green like it has > 50% signal strength. How to calculate range for multiple antennas in a single vessel?

It's additive. Say vessel A and vessel B each have two antennas, the range calc would be:

Range = sqrt((AntA1+AntA2)*(AntB1+AntB2))

50 minutes ago, MR L A said:

Thanks! I'm not sure if it is a bug or not in fairness. A potential work around seems to be using a second node that does nothing. I'll do some more testing of my own for a start and, of course, turn it off an on again!

Turns out its already been reported here... http://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/11716

Funny though, I've been building spaceplanes and other launch systems for months without doing any actual missions... today I try a mission and it can't be done properly haha!

4 minutes ago, Red Iron Crown said:

@E-Rikkie If you can find reliable reproduction steps (even if it's just reloading the same save after restarting the game), please file a report on the bugtracker. Include the save and the log if possible.

made a named save at time of first screenshot, just reloaded that and now everything is normal. no luck.

5 minutes ago, TheEpicSquared said:

Are porkjet's rocket part overhauls just for the 1.25m category? I only get the new 1.25m engines and tanks, but I saw a drawing somewhere where some of the 2.5m engines were also redesigned.

No revamped parts in the stock game. The revamped 1.25m stuff is available as a separate download (a semi-official mod?) linked in the OP of this thread. The picture shown is a design document included in the revamped parts download, but none of the non-1.25m stuff has been modeled.

12 minutes ago, Red Iron Crown said:

No revamped parts in the stock game. The revamped 1.25m stuff is available as a separate download (a semi-official mod?) linked in the OP of this thread. The picture shown is a design document included in the revamped parts download, but none of the non-1.25m stuff has been modeled.

Yes, but I meant in the "mod". Only the 1.25m parts have been changed, even though the diagram shows the 2.5m and 3.75m stuff redesigned as well. Or maybe the bigger parts are going to be revamped in the future?

EDIT: Never mind I just read your reply properly :P  

Edited by TheEpicSquared