Update 1.2 Pre-release is here!

Darth Badie

On 14/09/2016 at 2:43 AM, 5thHorseman said:

I just downloaded and installed the patch from the store simply because Steam is down you guys are awesome for including it as an option. And I even started the game up in the spare time I don't really have now and it loaded just fine. Can't wait to give 'er a more solid try later.

What store?

Can you give me the link

On 9/29/2016 at 8:28 AM, CodatheSpaceFox said:

So I've hunted through the thread to see if anyone else is having my issue, and couldn't find it.

I'm playing with a non-steam version, so I'm familiar with the store page. I've downloaded every patch either via the hit or miss patcher under the windows portion of the store page, but 1540 is giving me some complications, as the patcher is deciding to tell me my KSP file isn't correct, and when attempting to download the x32 windows zip via the full download, I get a File not Found error.

Is anyone else having this issue? or know how to amend this conundrum? I've cleared my cookies and page history incase there was some out of date file complicating things, but that doesn't seem to be the case either.

I'm having the same issue. If you want you can download the full zip file from the ksp store, but I did that and my game stops loading half-way through the loading screen when I boot it up. I hope these issues don't continue through to the release but I guess this is why we have prereleases.

47 minutes ago, RatchetinSpace said:

I'm having the same issue. If you want you can download the full zip file from the ksp store, but I did that and my game stops loading half-way through the loading screen when I boot it up. I hope these issues don't continue through to the release but I guess this is why we have prereleases.

Well I hope you're using the latest version, because downloading the full version fortunately fixed my issue with the 1540 version, now the 1548 version's patcher is giving me the incorrect link error, but again, the full version worked and I'd consider my matter resolved. (Of course, this is no thanks to the community, or possibly my mistake of placing my complain in a general thread instead of a specific thread.)

I'd suggest completely erasing the contents of your KSP folder (aside from the settings.config, saves, ships, and screenshots at your discretion) and then copying the Zip's contents entirely in it's place, with overwrites where necessary. If that persists, might have better luck starting a thread in the 1.2 subforum.

So I have the pre-release and have been playing career on it, and I noticed a possible balance issue. The AV-R8, despite being blatently worse than the tail fin (less lifting area, less deflection range, less deflection percentage) and is more expensive. And honestly, comparing it to the other control surface parts, the tail fin should definitely be priced more expensively than what it is at right now. Just a little balance issue I noticed

1 hour ago, Noname117 said:

So I have the pre-release and have been playing career on it, and I noticed a possible balance issue. The AV-R8, despite being blatently worse than the tail fin (less lifting area, less deflection range, less deflection percentage) and is more expensive. And honestly, comparing it to the other control surface parts, the tail fin should definitely be priced more expensively than what it is at right now. Just a little balance issue I noticed

You should report this to the feedback section of the bugtracker..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
6 hours ago, Murdabenne said:

Is there any point to attempting to re-integrate this with 1.3.1?

6 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

Re-integrate 1.2 pre-release with 1.3.1? What would that mean?

And more to the point, why?

This is where the PorkJet Parts Overhaul links to from CKAN .  I'm moving a career game forward from 1.2.

And I didn't pay attention to the part of the forum where this is - a case of screwed up metadata in CKAN with a link to the wrong topic.

Mods, perhaps please lock?  Boy am I embarrassed.:blush:

Edited by Murdabenne
Oops

2 hours ago, Murdabenne said:

This is where the PorkJet Parts Overhaul links to from CKAN .

Ahh, that makes sense.

2 hours ago, Murdabenne said:

a case of screwed up metadata in CKAN with a link to the wrong topic.

I looked for a better link, but it appears the OP here is the closest SQUAD came to an official announcement of the overhaul.