Update 1.2 Pre-release is here!

Darth Badie

Just now, CobraA1 said:

Now . . .

. . . how to remove my mods? Can I simply remove everything in GameData, or must some things stay?

The Squad folder must stay. Those are Squad's "mods" for the stock game :) Everything else should go, but I say back them up don't delete. Some mods have configs that you'll have to recreate. Like Blizzy's toolbar.

By the way - still have to handle modded ships better when the mods are removed. Had to click through so many dialogs saying a ship couldn't load.

My suggestion is to group all of the warnings into one dialog. And to offer the chance to cancel loading the save file and go back to the main menu instead of removing all of the ships.

Edited by CobraA1

*GASP*

New loading hints!

The only two I've seen are Coupling decouplers and reverting to Launch so far.

EDIT: Swimming on Laythe, Charging batteries, and my favorite so far: Falling off Gilly!

EDIT EDIT: Calculating Collision Course! Never Visiting Dres! Reverting to VAB! Doing Barrel Rolls!

I'm just going to keep reloading the game because I don't have time for career and I've gotta go to bed soon.

Edit 3: Terminating Debris, Reinventing Wheel, Negotiating Gravity, Tanning on Moho, and my second favorite, Specifying Impulse!

Edited by Ultimate Steve

@SQUAD After about an hour I am sorry to report that I have failed to crash the game. :wink:
Seriously, this version is looking great so far, it's running smoothly and looking sharp, the improved font's make a big difference to the overall look (new loading bar is slick too).  I did a quick free return from Mun and the command pod slowed down nicely in the lower atmo, I then tried an SSTO and found it maintained enough speed for an "exciting" landing approach, (and this made me very happy) I was able to land a high speed, touched down at ~150m/s and nothing horrible (bouncy or explody) happened. SAS control seemed very nice and being able to use the pilot controls for something other than instant battery drain was great! Not having to keep opening the nav-ball when going to map mode, much needed option. The Wheels!! Yay!! 
So much goodness, oh an my computer doesn't sound like it's trying to take flight either! Great job guys! 

16 minutes ago, AlmostNASA said:

i have a new kerbalx craft.

yay!....and also dang (site should have tagged it as a pre-release craft, but I'd set it to detect 1.2, not 1.2.0. I'll fix that in the morning, must go to sleep now).

Okay, things I'm really missing from my mods: Delta V and TWR. I know, advanced stuff . . . but it's the lifeblood of my missions. Hard to plan missions without them, especially late game missions.

Edit: And orbital info while in flight, like apoapsis . . .

Edited by CobraA1

15 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

Uhhh I think Gene just noticed a couple things wrong with their map...

2JUR1Cj.jpg

Weird, it looks like SQUAD accidentally used the default OpenSimplex map that Kerbin was based on!

EDIT: I just realized that if you horizontally flip the OpenSimplex map, you get a map of Kerbin.

Edited by quietsamurai98

10 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

Uhhh I think Gene just noticed a couple things wrong with their map...

2JUR1Cj.jpg

Maybe it is just map projection failing. Or it is just Mercator Projection screwing with everything. Still I agree with Gene, something is wrong.

23 minutes ago, quietsamurai98 said:

EDIT: I just realized that if you horizontally flip the OpenSimplex map, you get a map of Kerbin.

They did a little more than that. The ocean just east of KSC (west in the map on the image) doesn't have that land bridge on Kerbin while it does in the default map.

And yes, they did use that map as the base for Kerbin. Way back when, Kerbin was actually that map, though IIRC it's always been reversed.

3 minutes ago, AlmostNASA said:

I HAVE A BUG!!!!!! on ksp 1.2 64 bit for windows..... while I was flying my KerbalX I had the ksc terrain go black for a while until I moved the camera.

I'd go ahead and log it in the bug-tracker. This thread is not the best place to notify Squad about bugs

57 minutes ago, katateochi said:

@SQUAD  Great job guys!

Seconded!

Feels buttery smooth now, and doesn't give me that sense of imminent crashing. Awesome work by everyone.  :D

I love the new scenarios. They should help a lot when trying to assist people with random installation problems/glitches, as well as just being fun when you have ten minutes .... uh, an hour ... to spare.

Edit: Oh, and the Porkjet pack!  So beautiful, in a Kerbal way.

Edited by manaiaK
Pork!

3 minutes ago, AlmostNASA said:

I HAVE A BUG!!!!!! on ksp 1.2 64 bit for windows..... while I was flying my KerbalX I had the ksc terrain go black for a while until I moved the camera.

My game crashed while loading the first time I played it. Second time it worked fine but, the first time I hit "launch", the screen was black and blank except for the interface. I fixed this by reverting to launch.