Update 1.2 Pre-release is here!

Darth Badie

Goto the store page.

Login.

Click "My Account".

Select "Download".

Scroll to the bottom of the list.  (There's a series of icons.  Below that, there's some plain text links.  Those are the pre-releases.)

Select the link you need.

40 minutes ago, 0111narwhalz said:

This is only true for the Windows version.

So it is.  Never noticed.

In that case, click the icon with the half-eaten fruit or flightless waterfowl that says "Prerelease 1.2".

Hi all. So, I wasnt going to bother testing 1.2 as I said in another post as I'm not a bug hunter however I decided to sneak a look and wow......VERY good Squad! Ive noticed a couple of small issues but nothing that hasn't already been logged. TBH, ive just about ditched 1.1.3. Its actually very nice to play 1.2 with only KER.....somehow, it feels new again :) Again, well done Squad!

hi so ive had ksp for ages, got it on the website originally, now i went back on the website and downloaded the 1.2 pre release thing, and when i open it, it asks for a file location, which ksp file does it need to work?? ive tried the KSP_WIN folder but i don't know jack about file moving (the files are just on my desktop from when i orignially downloaded the game) and so how am i supposed to get 1.2 working??? any help would be great! thanks 

Guyyyyyyyyyy

13 minutes ago, guyyyyy said:

hi so ive had ksp for ages, got it on the website originally, now i went back on the website and downloaded the 1.2 pre release thing, and when i open it, it asks for a file location, which ksp file does it need to work?? ive tried the KSP_WIN folder but i don't know jack about file moving (the files are just on my desktop from when i orignially downloaded the game) and so how am i supposed to get 1.2 working??? any help would be great! thanks 

Guyyyyyyyyyy

Sounds like you're trying to use the patch. Download a "full" file instead, then install it normally.
The patch is only to update the prerelease, and thus requires something to exist previously.

1 hour ago, Froggles said:

How do you get the 1.2 version?

Massive patience and self control lol thats how I wait at least. Its not out yet, but soon will be.

In the mean time, you can get the 1.2 pre release in your beta options. 

10 hours ago, ISE said:

Massive patience and self control lol thats how I wait at least. Its not out yet, but soon will be.

In the mean time, you can get the 1.2 pre release in your beta options. 

That is correct for Steamheads only.

Others use our store accounts and scroll down and select the appropriate download.

1 hour ago, Rickpadwick1891 said:

How do you download the 1.2 pre-release ?

I have got the game on steam but I have also taken a copy of all the files separately on my PC.

Cheers,

Rick

Enter the Properties menu for KSP.

Enter the Betas tab.

Select the dropdown which reads "NONE-Opt out of all betas"

Select the Prerelease* branch.

*I'm not sure of the word-for-word name of the branch, but it should include "Prerelease," "1.2," or both.

So I've hunted through the thread to see if anyone else is having my issue, and couldn't find it.

I'm playing with a non-steam version, so I'm familiar with the store page. I've downloaded every patch either via the hit or miss patcher under the windows portion of the store page, but 1540 is giving me some complications, as the patcher is deciding to tell me my KSP file isn't correct, and when attempting to download the x32 windows zip via the full download, I get a File not Found error.

Is anyone else having this issue? or know how to amend this conundrum? I've cleared my cookies and page history incase there was some out of date file complicating things, but that doesn't seem to be the case either.