Update 1.2 Pre-release is here!

Darth Badie

4 minutes ago, Zaphod12 said:

How do I get access to the pre-release builds? (Since when I loaded my game on Steam, it remained 1.1.3)

in your game list, right click on the game.. Select Properties.  in the Beta tab, select the prerelease.

Edited by Papa_Joe

7 hours ago, genbrien said:

couple of questions for options:

-Conic patch draw mode

-Conic Patch Limit

-Orbital Drift Compensation

-Ease in gravity

-Verbose Logging

1.) Changes the way your ship's trajectory is drawn from the point of view of objects other than your ship (i.e. when you're focused on your destination planet for example). This is nearly impossible to explain without pictures. Either google it up, or try it out ingame - since it's a display thing only, changing it doesn't permanently screw up anything.

2.) Through how many SOI changes your trajectory is drawn forwards. If you ever find yourself frustrated that the drawing of your trajectory just stops too early, this is what you increase. If you ever find yourself confused by how your trajectory goes all over the place around Jool, bouncing from moon to moon and resulting in a mess of overlapping lines, this is what you decrease.

3.) This isn't new. It keeps orbits more stable, preventing AP/PE altitude changes due to floating point errors. They made it an option just in case it broke something and people needed to revert to the pre-1.1 way of doing things. But it turned out to be better in pretty much every case, so I've never had a reason to want to turn it off.

4.) Prevents vessels from suddenly jolting upon loading as physics hits them all at once. Used to be a feature of a popular mod.

5.) "verbose" just means "talkative". In other words, KSP will start obsessively writing every minute detail to its logfiles, even stuff that's completely pointless in 99% of all cases. It's something you turn on only when you are told to by someone who knows what they are talking about.

Hope that helps :)

1 minute ago, TheEpicSquared said:

Not sure if this is the place for it, but does anyone know where some screenshots of the new rocket parts can be found? I remember seeing them somewhere, but I can't recall where.

The link is in this week's devnotes.

Great news, looking forward to trying this out today! 

Excuse the noob questions; how does the pre release version work regarding mods? Im guessing it won't yet, so as my current saves are in a separate modded folder, I take it ill have to try the new version completely separately? 

Cheers, 

J

Just now, JP76 said:

Great news, looking forward to trying this out today! 

Excuse the noob questions; how does the pre release version work regarding mods? Im guessing it won't yet, so as my current saves are in a separate modded folder, I take it ill have to try the new version completely separately? 

Cheers, 

J

No, I'm pretty sure mods won't work in the prerelease. You could try some if you wanted to, but I would rather play it safe.

I have been there so many times...a new release... wow...hype hype... yippie kye aye.... fun fun fun fun....

Only to find that the release contains even more bugs than the version its replacing....

So if you don't mind.... I'll wait till I play it myself because.... been there... done that... not buying it anymore... wanna see for myself.....

I mean.... yeah..... 1.1.3 was good... till the wheels totally screwed up my playing experience.... I stopped playing, but started when helicopter totors was released because you don't really nned a take off when flying a chopper... then got bored and annoyed with the stutter..... I haven't played KSP in ages now....

So.... I'll believe the hype when I see if for myself... but I'll also make a prediction.... MANY bugs will be be found... doesn't it always happen that way?

So.... not boarding the hype train this time.

7 minutes ago, JP76 said:

I take it ill have to try the new version completely separately?

That would be most wise.
Mods are not yet updated, the changes are non-trivial so many will be broken, and it may take a while before everything you use is ready.
It's also a prerelease, so it's still a moving target.

Edited by steve_v

No, I'm pretty sure mods won't work in the prerelease. You could try some if you wanted to, but I would rather play it safe.

Oh yeah, I understand that totally, that's what I'm saying. 

But I was asking/confirming, that to try the pre release, it will have to be a completely separate save/new game start? 

Cheers, 

J

Yes. A separate save would be the best option.

I'd go further than that: A seperate install would be best. It's not even the final 1.2 release yet.

18 minutes ago, KerbMav said:
5 minutes ago, steve_v said:

I'd go further than that: A seperate install would be best. It's not even the final 1.2 release yet.

7 minutes ago, TheEpicSquared said:

Yes. A separate save would be the best option.

Thanks guys.

Edit: I seemed to have quoted KerbMav somehow too lol!! 

Edited by JP76
Stupid tiny phone keyboard

Here's a quick (and possibly dumb) question: With this fancy new flow priority thing, how do I transfer fuel from one tank to annother? Ye olde mod-click on two tanks gives me no in/out pump buttons.

Wait, no, nevermind. I'm just going crazy.

Ed. -----

Have rapiers had a buff, or am I just used to FAR? SSTO spaceplanes seem ridiculously easy now...

Edited by steve_v