Update 1.2 Pre-release is here!

Darth Badie

22 minutes ago, steve_v said:

Have rapiers had a buff, or am I just used to FAR? SSTO spaceplanes seem ridiculously easy now...

Drag was modified a little. Pointy objects should be even less draggy now. That would make SSTOs easier. Blunt objects should be more draggy, which helps with capsule reentry.

Personally, I think I'll turn up reentry heating. :wink:

Just now, Chaos_Klaus said:

Drag was modified a little. Pointy objects should be even less draggy now. That would make SSTOs easier. Blunt objects should be more draggy, which helps with capsule reentry.

Hmm, maybe I'm just that good. :P

Haven't played without FAR since 0.90-ish, threw something together that looked 'bout right (with no intention of going to space, just testing landing gear), pointed up a bit and made orbit with almost no pilot-input. Seems too easy. :(

PartModules now support upgrades. In a MODULE node, add an UPGRADE node. Inside that add one node per techID you wish to provide upgrades,

I will abuse this so much!

Updates to older probe cores, additional functionalities to the strange 2.5m 2-kerbal lander can to make its mass count for something etc.

Oh dear ... I have to cry ... performance improvements!!!!

I can now turn on anti-aliasing and max out all the settings without seeing a slow motion slide show ... on a notebook!

This feels like the best update ever.

Edited by Chaos_Klaus

2 hours ago, kiwi1960 said:

I have been there so many times...a new release... wow...hype hype... yippie kye aye.... fun fun fun fun....

Only to find that the release contains even more bugs than the version its replacing....

So if you don't mind.... I'll wait till I play it myself because.... been there... done that... not buying it anymore... wanna see for myself.....

I mean.... yeah..... 1.1.3 was good... till the wheels totally screwed up my playing experience.... I stopped playing, but started when helicopter totors was released because you don't really nned a take off when flying a chopper... then got bored and annoyed with the stutter..... I haven't played KSP in ages now....

So.... I'll believe the hype when I see if for myself... but I'll also make a prediction.... MANY bugs will be be found... doesn't it always happen that way?

So.... not boarding the hype train this time.

Well, it is a Pre-Release version intended for player testing to find and filter out more bugs, before ACTUAL release, so it should be expected really.  The trick, and the intention behind the pre-release, is for players to report them as well as they can to help the devs fix them before ACTUAL full release.

5 hours ago, kiwi1960 said:

I have been there so many times...a new release... wow...hype hype... yippie kye aye.... fun fun fun fun....

Only to find that the release contains even more bugs than the version its replacing....

So if you don't mind.... I'll wait till I play it myself because.... been there... done that... not buying it anymore... wanna see for myself.....

I mean.... yeah..... 1.1.3 was good... till the wheels totally screwed up my playing experience.... I stopped playing, but started when helicopter totors was released because you don't really nned a take off when flying a chopper... then got bored and annoyed with the stutter..... I haven't played KSP in ages now....

So.... I'll believe the hype when I see if for myself... but I'll also make a prediction.... MANY bugs will be be found... doesn't it always happen that way?

So.... not boarding the hype train this time.

Sounds like you are good at finding bugs.

If you want a bug-free 1.2 release, you should really load up the early release build and report all the bugs(with reproduction steps) in the pre-release bug tracker.

That way you can help get those bugs fixed for everyone.

1 hour ago, GioXL said:

I have the gog version of the game and i have no idea how to download the pre-release

The prerelease is only available on Steam or through the KSP store, sorry :(

But I'm sure the final version will be available everywhere :)

4 minutes ago, Beeso3 said:

The rocket parts overhaul is optional, right?

No offence to Porkjet, but I prefer my old engines. :P

I guess the mod that takes old textures and models to keep them available for nostalgic players is still around. :)

Is there an easy way to install Porkjets new models? I didn't see a readme or anything in the ZIP folder. EDIT - you drop the entire unzipped folder into GameData :)

Also, where do I find the pre-release on the KSP store? EDIT - This is on the Store Page near the bottom

Thanks!

Edited by tjt